And yet another ACCA question

arleneld
arleneld Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello
Do we just have to have registered with ACCA by the 15th, or do we have to have applied for the exams we want to take in Dec 09 ?

Many Thanks

Comments

• NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

You need to be registered by the 15th August if you want to take Dec 090exams.

Neil
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    arleneld wrote: »
    Hello
    Do we just have to have registered with ACCA by the 15th, or do we have to have applied for the exams we want to take in Dec 09 ?

Many Thanks

December exams –
    Register by 15 August of the same year. Exam entry forms will be sent by mid-September. Complete and return your exam entry form by 15 October.

AAT candidates benefit from an extended deadline for claiming exemptions – 28 February for the June exams and 31 August for the December exams. You can either submit an official copy of your AAT Certificates and Statements of Achievements to ACCA or you can ask AAT to send the results directly to ACCA
  • arleneld
    arleneld Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thank you.

Have just got the go ahead, so its all a bit manic....:ohmy:
  • Potts
    Potts Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Is there a extended deadline for CIMA also?
  • messedup89
    Potts wrote: »
    Is there a extended deadline for CIMA also?

Please e-mail the AAT from Monday 22 June 2009 using the email address below, stating that you give permission for your exam results to be released to CIMA. We will need your AAT student membership number together with your CIMA Contact ID so that we can easily identify you.

The AAT will then e-mail CIMA with your exam results early on Monday 17 August 2009, which will enable them to apply your exemptions in time for you to enter for the next exam sitting.

In order to be eligible for this special arrangement, please ensure that you have sent an e-mail to the AAT by 5pm on Friday 14 August 2009.

Before sending your e-mail, please ensure:

You sat exams in June 2009
    You contact your college to report any outstanding Skills units before 20 July 2009.
    You provide your CIMA ID Number and also your AAT student membership number:
    The e-mail address to give permission for the AAT to release your result(s) is: cimaexemptions@aat.org.uk. You should receive an automated reply once you have sent the relevant information to the above address.

Please note: if you have not already registered separately with CIMA, you will need to do so by 31 July via the CIMA website. Once you have been registered, you will be required to send your AAT Intermediate/Advanced Certificate and statement of achievement to CIMA.
    :thumbup:
  • nade1989
    nade1989 Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    do you jut have to register or actually have u application accepted?
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You have to apply, send supporting docs ie drivers licence copy, and passport photo, and all entry requirement docs. I.e. AAT Intermediate Certificate.

It has to be with the ACCA (They date stamp it) by the 15th. I'd send it next day gaurentee if i were you!!
  • NeilH
    Hi

You can initially register on line, but i'm not sure if this would meet the 15th deadline due to still having to sen in documents etc.

Neil
  • nade1989
    ive sent it all in n theyve been scanned just hasnt been accepted yetso was just wondering, because the girl i work withhers has been accepted.
  • messedup89
    how much are ACCA exam fees for each stage?
  • nade1989
    messedup89 wrote: »
    how much are ACCA exam fees for each stage?

i think for the fundamentals there £50 each n Professional (if thats what there called lol the P exams n e way) there £70 each. give or a pound or so.
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    F1,2 and 3 are £50 each (but if you pass technician stage of AAT you are exempt) The next 6 'F's' are £60 each and all the professional exams (I believe you take 5 in total) are £70 each.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Don't forget the annual fees which are about £75 and you have to pay 3 exam fees for your exemptions, it's not cheap this further study you know
  • troy
    LOL, I forgot to mention the £100 fee for each exam you receive exemption from. Just a minor detail....:ohmy:
  • Portsmouth_AAT
    Portsmouth_AAT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    So is my understanding right ....

If you pass the AAT you have to pay £100 per exemption (F1-F3 = £300)
    Or if you start at the begining of ACCA you pay £50 each exam (£150.00)

So am I wrong in saying that we study AAT for 3 years pay them and the exm fees, the ACCA charge us for studying double the amount we would have to pay if we took their exams? :confused1:

Im starting to feel in my situation iv been a little bit let down by my employer. I started the job 2 years ago with AAT year one complete, I made my employer aware I wante to continue studying and its not until now at the end of AAT they tell me they only support ACCA not ACA on the next level (or CIMA but I dont want that).
    My collegue started the same job a year before me with no qualifications and went straight onto ACCA and After completing AAT I will be 2 years behind him on ACCA. Im getting the impression that I could have started ACCA with no exemptions 2 years ago and could have been further into it that after the 3 years I've taken to complete AAT.

I am not disrespecting the AAT qualification as I am proud to have it (nearly) but I feel I could have been further in my studies if my employer had mentioned the long term plan. :thumbdown:

Im sorry to go on but I am very confused at the situation. Any help advise appreciated.
  • NeilH
    Hi

I'm not sure where the £100 per exemtion fee comes from, ACCA actually charge the same fee per exemption as they would for the actual exam.

Neil
  • Portsmouth_AAT
    LOL, I forgot to mention the £100 fee for each exam you receive exemption from. Just a minor detail....

I was going from Troys post above:

But still means we pay for AAT exams then pay to be exempt!
  • troy
    Hi,

Whatever the exemption fee (£100 or £50, you could go on to the ACCA website and check it out?). It is still cheaper, as to do the individual exams you will need to pay for the course. Now this can be as little as about £200 each for distance learning to £500 each for part time learning.
  • lork
    lork Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    It is £50 per exemption, as I've just had my invoice from ACCA.
  • Portsmouth_AAT
    thanks for confirming the cost, im not planning on starting till Jan so went on information provided on this forum. :001_unsure:

But even so can anyone give help advise on my other comments? I am trying to get my information correct for when I approach my employer (I have looked into this lots) after the results and make some points to them at the lack of advise/help they have given me towards study and where to go from here.

Thanks
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Right your costs are:

£150 in exemptions fees (£50 for each of the 3 exams you are exempt for)
    £75 ish in annual fees.
    your tuition fees (depending on how you are learning) for each paper, don't forget to include revision courses as well
    your exam fees
    most people who work tend to take 2 exams a sitting but you can take (definitely not advised) to take 4 a sitting. BPP do a pass assurance scheme whereby if you fail your exam and you've done all your course exams etc tehn you get a free revision course but one of the condition is that you haven't taken 4 papers in one sitting.

that should be it.

How are you planning on studying this? Are you looking at courses for each paper?
  • troy
    Hi Portsmouth AAT,

But if you have looked in to this lots then you should already have this basic information for yourself.
    Have you tried looking on the internet and typing in ACCA course providers? I presume the main ones are BPP or Kaplan.
    Just go on to their websites and read what they tell you about the course. They also have helpline numbers or email addresses for you to contact them should you need to have answers to any further questions
Privacy Policy