Changing the Subject....!!

Rachey
Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor šŸ˜
To take my mind off the results :001_unsure: i thought i'd start making ideas on what to base my Unit 10 project on...!! Will they let you analyse the payroll system? Or is that not allowed as Payroll is a separate qualification? Was just an idea :confused1:

I'd love to hear what everyone else has based theirs on! It's hard to find a starting point i think. I feel like i'm back at school doing an English essay :lol:

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    Rachey wrote: Ā»
    To take my mind off the results :001_unsure: i thought i'd start making ideas on what to base my Unit 10 project on...!! Will they let you analyse the payroll system? Or is that not allowed as Payroll is a separate qualification? Was just an idea :confused1:

I'd love to hear what everyone else has based theirs on! It's hard to find a starting point i think. I feel like i'm back at school doing an English essay :lol:

Hey rachey

I dont think it matters as long as its financed based and if in some way you can try to improve the current system
  • lork
    lork Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ā­
    Yes, you can do payroll. I used the case study for my project and that was payroll-based.
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor šŸ˜
    lork wrote: Ā»
    Yes, you can do payroll. I used the case study for my project and that was payroll-based.

That's brill Lork thanks. I just thought there's a lot of confidentiality and fraud issues within Payroll and would be great to do :001_tongue: Did you come across any problems though? :confused1:
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Registered Posts: 23 New contributor šŸø
    I have started mine on the records system, and my tutor said thats fine!
    So I'm sure payroll is fine too!
  • lork
    lork Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ā­
    Well, as I did the case study, the information was there in front of me. The only problem I came across was what not to include (there were a lot of issues!) and I struggled to come up with anything that was being done correctly within the organisation!

Payroll is a great function to use because there is a lot of scope for fraud (which they love) and you can talk about segregation of duties, etc. My case study focused on one (junior) member of staff who was in charge of the HR database and the Payroll one, therefore she controlled everything and could easily set up and pay ghost employees without being caught.

Good luck!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    as long as you cover all the k & q in the file then any project will be good enough......
Privacy Policy