College Fees

Options
fatandforty
fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I have just forked out over ยฃ800 to re-enrol for college in September and AAT fees. Please somebody tell me I am doing the right thing and it will all be worth it one day!! :confused1:

Comments

• columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Of course it's the right thing, and you know it!!!! :001_tt2:

I paid ยฃ795 last year, and have just had to pay a further ยฃ203. The two figures combined are the costs of doing Technician over 18 months.

Once you pass you won't even think about the money, you will just be so relieved to have finished!!

Good luck mate. :thumbup:

Trace
  • fatandforty
    Options
    Thanks for the moral support :001_smile: To be honest at the moment am just relieved we had the money to pay the fees. Wasn't sure I'd even be able to go back to college. It was only because we got a lump sum from the child tax credit people!!

Have to say though I am becoming increasingly worried that I will be able to get a job when the time is right to look for one.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    money well spent in mu opinion, especially as it was money you were not expecting.

Tracy
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    im not going to comment on that . its owrth it if your lucky enough to get into a job staight away and get lots of experience behind you while training up ? otherwise you will struggle to get a job even when your fully qualified ?
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Thought you were going SE Mark?
  • mark130273
    Options
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    Thought you were going SE Mark?

i am ...and the only reason is that i can get a job in a company full time ,so gong for lots of little part time jobs....as self employed ?
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    wish I got an unexpected wind fall from tax credits :-(

Money well spent though as Taskey said. Good luck.
  • AK002
    Options
    I rekon i've landed on my feet so to speak then..

Works paying for all my training AAT -> ICAS/ACCA and i'm gaining experience at the same time :).
  • fatandforty
    Options
    Buff wrote: ยป
    wish I got an unexpected wind fall from tax credits :-(

Money well spent though as Taskey said. Good luck.

Windfall was lovely but only due to lack of wages coming in in the first place. Still was a gobsmacking surprise when I opened last months bank statement. Was hoping they might pay the same again this month but never mind!
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I have just forked out over ยฃ800 to re-enrol for college in September and AAT fees. Please somebody tell me I am doing the right thing and it will all be worth it one day!! :confused1:

Did you check with the college to see if you could get financial support for the course with you being on Tax credits?
  • fatandforty
    Options
    Yes I did. Apparently you have to be on job seekers allowance to be entitled to any help at all. They wouldn't even let me pay in installments. I had thought if I failed first year I might give up but having passed it would be such a waste not to continue.
  • mark130273
    Options
    ive lost the weebly thread ??can someone tell me which one it is ?
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    ive lost the weebly thread ??can someone tell me which one it is ?

weebly? :confused1:
  • mark130273
    Options
    yeh weebly.......its a free website hosting site ...and was chattign about it on some thread .but dont know whoich one ?
  • AK002
    Options
    Do a search then :)!
  • mark130273
    Options
    how ??
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I've got my tuition fees, and 90% of my exam fees paid for, because we're on Housing Benefit. Of course, when I get a job (ha!) these will both disappear. I still have to pay for my membership when it's up for renewal, and for textbooks. I can't borrow #1 stepdaughter's, as she's over 19 now.
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Talking about membership fees, I've just had my renewal in.....ยฃ72....that is starting to get expensive for use of the forum and a free magazine every month!!!!!!!!!!!
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Talking about membership fees, I've just had my renewal in.....ยฃ72....that is starting to get expensive for use of the forum and a free magazine every month!!!!!!!!!!!

'Specially when half the threads descend into semi-literate wibble...
  • ajwalker10
    ajwalker10 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    My college has not been able to secure funding this year, therefore fees for technician level are now ยฃ1200.00 (ยฃ200 per unit), plus the usual additional costs for membership renewal, exam fees and books!!:ohmy:
Privacy Policy