Achievement Awards Ceremony

Options
Londina
Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
I heard there is this kind of ceremony when the AAT is finished, is it true? Dressed up like this?

CoA_gowned_group.jpg

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    i waana know that too............i WANT MY CAP & GOWN !!!
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    i hope it is. Really want it! :D
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    These are the contacts to find out:

AAT Achievement Award ceremonies
    t: 0845 863 0798
    e: awardceremonies@aat.org.uk

5 Oct: Institute of Directors
    The first AAT Achievement Award Ceremony of 2007 was a fully booked event on 5 October at the Institute of Directors in London – the venue for both ceremonies in the capital. The drinks reception held at each of the seven ceremonies prior to the presentations provided an ideal time to relax and network with other AAT achievers. Delegates collected goodie bags and were encouraged to complete the AAT’s icebreaker task, which involves approaching a fellow achiever, writing down their details and handing it to the AAT in return for more goodies.

Around 125 delegates were presented with their certificates in front of a vocal audience of several hundred guests, including Council members Henry Cooper, Pamela Dyson, John Dolan and Neil Price, plus Past Presidents Trevor Salmon and Paul Trelloway, and Immediate Past President Brian Palmer, who chaired the event.

Palmer said he was delighted to take part and jested that London was reputed to host the ‘rowdiest’ awards ceremony, which provoked even rowdier responses from the audience.
    “You are here for your achievements, and you have worked hard to achieve them. I hope you enjoy your journey with the AAT,” he said.

Six members with particularly long AAT journieswere recognised during the evening. These “silver” members received certificates recognising 25 years as full members of the Association. An achievement Mr Palmer described as ‘the ultimate milestone’.
    “One of the great things about these ceremonies is the sense of community that they generate by bringing together different parts of our membership,” said Past President Palmer.

Joining the AAT ‘community’ was Berenge Mbiadop Tchaptchet (Natalie) who works as a Financial Worker for a charity in Cambridge. She said she was “very, very happy” that she made the decision to study with the AAT, and plans to continue her accountancy studies with ACCA.

Mustafa Norine attended the ceremony to celebrate his election to full membership. Currently studying for the ACCA, he completed the AAT Accounting Qualification in June 2006. He is juggling his chartered studies with his role as a Financial Controller for a food supply company – a job that began as a work placement, during his AAT studies.
    Mustafa was full of praise for the AAT: “The AAT really made a difference, it was a great foundation on which to build; I’m really pleased that I did the AAT before doing ACCA. I would really recommend the AAT to anyone.”
  • mark130273
    Options
    so what does that meant. do it mean that they only hold the awards in london ????gutted if they do..but i wouldnt mind getting an invite ?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Mark i know our college has its own ceromony in the town hall you should check back with your own college
  • mark130273
    Options
    i think i will a-vic.......dont want to miss out of them . but it seems like AAT have thier own too, 6 events held around the country and all you have to have is qualified....it looks like they will be sending out emails to who qualifies to see if they wish to come...strangely enough i got one of them last year ???
  • Maxine Hayward
    Maxine Hayward Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Cap & Gown

After completing AAT there is a Cap & Gown Ceremony. I'm studying in Gloucester, so it would be held at Gloucester Cathedral.
    But I will have to wait till next year now, as I failed section 1 of BT & looking at the answers, I don't know how they failed me, from what I can remember my answers where the same, so I might appeal!!
    Well done everyone who passed!!
    x
    :thumbup:
  • Damo8604
    Damo8604 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi guys, I was lucky enough to go to one of these events last year when I qualified, it was a great night! free food and booze but the highlight was the opportunity to network.

The give freebies away too, like an AAT calculator and pens :thumbup:

But seriously, I went to the traditional cap & gown ceremony organized by the college, and it was rubbish, I was really disappointed especially having to pay quite a lot of money for gown hire, guests and photos. I didn't receive any certificate as I had already received my technician cert in the post, to be honest it was a lot of cash just to get a photo of me looking reasonably intelligent and for my guests to get a bit of posh cake! :001_rolleyes:

The AAT ceremony however, is (or was) a free event, you don't wear cap & gown but they do have a facility for you to put on a robe and have a photo taken. I think it's cheaper too!

But the night is well worth attending and I would recommend it to everyone who has the opportunity to go!
  • X7thomas
    X7thomas Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Am I right in thinking you can only have 1 guest ? And if so how can you get around this.

I think 1 guest is just stupid. I would understand at a limit of 2. A lot of young people would like to take their parents with them. It means that the AAT are going to make me choose if to share this well earned achievement night with my Mother or Father ?

:thumbdown:
  • messedup89
    Options
    i can understand where the AAT are coming from in limiting how many guests u can bring, but 1 is unfare. I know when i go theres 4 people i want to take but i know thats too much so i'd be happy with just my mum and dad, but i cant even take both my parents. Its stupid
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    My centres organising a wee event soon, small piss up and pizza :D
  • mark130273
    Options
    messedup89 wrote: »
    i can understand where the AAT are coming from in limiting how many guests u can bring, but 1 is unfare. I know when i go theres 4 people i want to take but i know thats too much so i'd be happy with just my mum and dad, but i cant even take both my parents. Its stupid

thats a tough one........who do you love more ???:laugh::laugh:

mum or dad ????:confused1::confused1::confused1:
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yeah I agree it should be 2 guests, I want to take both my parents aswell!!!
  • messedup89
    Options
    mark130273 wrote: »
    thats a tough one........who do you love more ???:laugh::laugh:

mum or dad ????:confused1::confused1::confused1:

aw i couldn't choose
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    messedup89 wrote: »
    aw i couldn't choose

Sounds a bit like that "Daddy or chips " Advert:lol::lol:
  • AK002
    Options
    Diannew wrote: »
    Sounds a bit like that "Daddy or chips " Advert:lol::lol:

Do you do any work?
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    AK002 wrote: »
    Do you do any work?

Actually I do loads.....................woman thing being good at multitasking......never mind I am sure you have your uses...............:lol::lol:
  • AK002
    Options
    Indeed i do ;););)..
  • HayleyM
    HayleyM Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Oh I so want to go to a Cap and gown ceremony but my college doesn't hold one!! :thumbdown:
  • mark130273
    Options
    well hayley get your name on the list for the AAT awards ?
Privacy Policy