BT

Options
Rachel
Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Is any one else being hounded by BT. Not even sure if the calls are a scam. I received a call from Rebecca at BT yesterday offering a service to bump me up the search engine list and set up a website, before even asking if I wanted the service wanted bank details and credit card details for approx £500 set up and £100 per month, I of course did not give details but she keeps ringing and does not get the message that I am not interested or can afford it as I am so small.

Not sure whether to report as seems like a con and I have had some unrecogised numbers to my mobile that do not answer when called back.

Anyone else?

Thanks for reading

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Rachel wrote: »
    Is any one else being hounded by BT. Not even sure if the calls are a scam. I received a call from Rebecca at BT yesterday offering a service to bump me up the search engine list and set up a website, before even asking if I wanted the service wanted bank details and credit card details for approx £500 set up and £100 per month, I of course did not give details but she keeps ringing and does not get the message that I am not interested or can afford it as I am so small.

Not sure whether to report as seems like a con and I have had some unrecogised numbers to my mobile that do not answer when called back.

Anyone else?

Thanks for reading

alll the time
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Rachel wrote: »

Anyone else?

Thanks for reading

those prices are extortionate anyway, you should phone up BT and check to see if it is genuine and if its not report the number and tell them you want it blocked, and if it is BT tell them to take you off their services contact list.

You can set up a decent website with unlimited free space from £5 a month, if you know anyone who does software programming, offer to do his books etc for free in return for him inbedding the right code to make yourself search engine friendly. Thats if you do want a website of course.
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thank you, I have looked on the BT website and it seems difficult to find the right area to complain to but I will do it later when kids are in bed.

Of course I wouldn't agree to it anyway as only have a few clients so can't afford it.

Thanks for your responses
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Get yourself registered with the Telephone Preference Service - www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/ this should drastically reduce the number of these sorts of calls. And sign up to the fax and mail ones too if you're getting junk there too.
Privacy Policy