lost Project!!!!

Portsmouth_AAT
Portsmouth_AAT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
OK so i still have DFS unit to complete in Dec but my AAT log in says unit 10 also outstanding!!!
I speak with the college who say AAT have the document and must have been submitted by college slightly late and should update shortly - I believe the college at this stage.

Today I ring AAT as its been submitted 3+ months now and am told they have nothing submitted under my AAT membership number for unit 10!!! In desperation I speak to a previous student to see if theirs is the same and am told nope all done and approved!!

So where's my project gone!!!!
I am a little peeved as I actually handed the project in early and although I could pull together most of the project easily this will take me time and some of the work/appendices were prints not saved items!!

I'm currently waiting for the tutor to come back to me but am not holding out much hope!!

Has anyone else had this experience?

Comments

• crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Is the project not assessed and passed by the college themselves ? (like all the other units not requiring an exam) If so then I would think that your college has it, or if had to be sent onto AAT then surely they have a record of when/how it was posted or collected.

Haven't had this experience, but did have trouble with my college not passing on a result of a skills test on technician year. I passed all final exams and was awaiting my nice shiny new certificate, only to notice my record still had a unit outstanding that I had actually completed months ago. It took a further month or so of persistance to get the results person to finally log the unit as complete, a process which takes all of 2 minutes.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    crispy wrote: »
    Is the project not assessed and passed by the college themselves ? (like all the other units not requiring an exam) If so then I would think that your college has it, or if had to be sent onto AAT then surely they have a record of when/how it was posted or collected.

Haven't had this experience, but did have trouble with my college not passing on a result of a skills test on technician year. I passed all final exams and was awaiting my nice shiny new certificate, only to notice my record still had a unit outstanding that I had actually completed months ago. It took a further month or so of persistance to get the results person to finally log the unit as complete, a process which takes all of 2 minutes.

I thought it was also sent out to be marked aswell?
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I think that only a sample were actually sent out from the college to AAT. Im pretty sure that it was the college tutor who 'signed-off' my project - just in the same way the skills tests were passed as competent (ie. not sent for any external marking).
  • Portsmouth_AAT
    My understanding was that the college mark it then send it to the AAt, be it a couple or all of them.

The college have responded saying they will look into but given that a student on the same course as me has had hers signed off im not hopeful, the college have lost peoples simulations in the past so i am praying this isnt one of those situations!!!

Either way i think its bad they dont check it has been approved knowing I handed it in well in advance of the deadline this is disapointing!!
  • Portsmouth_AAT
    I may also add that I did query this back in july/august with the college who assured me that it had been submitted to AAT and it was due to the AAT being behind that it hadnt updated!!
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Really hope this all works out ok for you!
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

The project and skills tests are marked by the college/centre who "sign it off" when competent and forward the completion details to the AAT. The AAT moderators usually sample assessments on a regular basis, although this would normally be done by a visiting moderator. Ideally colleges should inform the AAT of simulation/project completion as and when it occurs, i.e. throughout the course of study. But, it appears some colleges wait until the end of the course and then inform the AAT "all at once" - at least that’s how it used to be for some colleges

A ex-colleague of mine told me about her daughter, where the college had "miss places" all simulations for the intermediate level and they had to be redone. If they have lost it I think a complaint to the AAT is in order, as should so grovelling from the college and some additional support!

Neil
  • lorrydee
    lorrydee Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Hi All

I handed my project to my tutor for marking. He gave it back the next week and it was then filed in my portfolio (lever arch file) along with my skills tests results etc....

The internal verifier AND external verifier both came into the college and sample tested a number of portfolios which were kept at the college at all times.

At the end of term, we collected our portfolios with all the documentation in.

Does your college not have this kind of system or were we just lucky?
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    did u not keep a spare copy of your project?
  • Portsmouth_AAT
    I have a copy of most of the report but when finalising it things like appendices and tutorial doccuments were one off's!! realise now i should have photocopied and kept an identical copy for me but i havent!!

Bumpe into the tutor at college today who has said she hasnt had time to look into whats happened yet!! kind of her ay!! but she def had it and submitted the online requirements to AAT. she now thinks she may have clicked on the box below me instead and this will need to be checked before she can re-submit. Not happy tho as this is a basic task and she is head of department!! doesnt give me much hope but i am a little less concerned now as she can "simply" re tick the online box as she was def happy with it. Grrr people dont reealise how frustrating this is for students, i put blood, sweat and tears into that project!!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Best of luck hope you get to bottom of it or even better still it turns up
Privacy Policy