Unit 10 - Working Title

Mendy
Mendy Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
Hello Lovely People!
I have had my idea for my unit 10 accepted but I have to come up with a working title by October and am a little confused as to how to phrase it! My project is going to be based on sourcing a new bacs system (we collect our member subscriptions by DD every month and it's a very old system).
If someone could give me some clues as to how to devise a title, I will be eternally grateful!
Β«1

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Bacs - To The Future!

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Ian
    Ian Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
    anniem wrote: Β»
    Bacs - To The Future!

Anna

That is brilliant!
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Bacs - To The Future!

Anna

your not really going to get a better title than that are you
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    almost tempted to steal it, as mine is based on a direct debit system from customer to the supplier - we are the middle man.

any other bright titles?

Tracy
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    taskey wrote: Β»
    almost tempted to steal it, as mine is based on a direct debit system from customer to the supplier - we are the middle man.

any other bright titles?

Tracy

Shaun of the direct debit :lol:
  • Kanh
    Kanh Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Reasons for choosing the units

Unit 17 -Implementing Audit Procedures
    Unit 18 -Preparing Business taxation Computation
    Unit 19 -Preparing Personal taxation Computation
    You are to choose two units,choose them and give reasons for your choice.
  • Mendy
    Mendy Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Unit 10 - Working Title

Thank you all for replying!! "BACS - To the Future" it is then! Just need to find the delorian and the Doc!!
  • A-Vic
    Kanh wrote: Β»
    Unit 17 -Implementing Audit Procedures
    Unit 18 -Preparing Business taxation Computation
    Unit 19 -Preparing Personal taxation Computation
    You are to choose two units,choose them and give reasons for your choice.

???????
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    ???????

I actually laughed out loud there :$
  • A-Vic
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    I actually laughed out loud there :$

am i the only person that was confused by that input tho??
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    No lol i was too...
  • taskey
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Shaun of the direct debit :lol:

sorry vic, but i must be having either a blond moment or a senior moment as i don't get that
  • A-Vic
    sorry vic, but i must be having either a blond moment or a senior moment as i don't get that

i had a blonde too momment too was a long day yesturday :(
  • taskey
    i know how you feel vic :)

Tracy
  • anniem
    I'm glad you all like the idea for the working title! Great compliment. I ended up doing a simulation, so wasn't much scope for imagination.

Now trying to think up something good for Taskey too. I think A Vic was having a Wallace and Gromit moment(?)

Anna
  • anniem

any other bright titles?

Tracy

Been thinking about it and have come up with an idea, but don't think it's quite as good as 'Bacs - To The Future', I'm afraid.

To DD or not to DD, that's the question!

Decided DD isn't quite as easy to fit into a box as bacs. ;-) (Smilies seem to have vanished from the reply options - or is it just me?)

Anna
  • taskey

To DD or not to DD, that's the question!

Anna

love it - thank you so much. i think my tutor will like it too

Tracy
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Smilies seem to have vanished from the reply options - or is it just me?)

Nope, they've gone and the swear filters have been switched back on again (as I discovered a few days ago). I guess some admin climbed back in that Delorean and turned the technology back to 1984.
  • A-Vic
    yeah just had my report plan approved so better get working
  • A-Vic
    Now the question is how do i turn 300 word report plan into a 4000 report?? lol
  • anniem
    One idea or suggestion; go through each and every one of your words and think of 10 adjectivesand adverbs and incorporate them into exceptionally interesting extremly imaginative very explanatory long detailed phrases, paragraphs and sentences?

Shame about the smilies - I like them - I miss them - I am very sad without the smilies and I can't even put in a sad smilie to tell you just how sad I really am about the lost, missing, vagrant, nomadic smilies that now have no purpose in life. Perhaps you can cut and paste smilies from previous threads????? ;-) - Old fashioned smilie to make me feel better for all the lost smilies.

Happy thoughts should prevail! Three cheers for the retired smilies, sunbathing on deckchairs somewhere smilies live happily.

Anna
  • anniem
    OK - perhaps I was being a bit flipant, sorry!

I handed in the first draft of my project 2 weeks ago and so know exactly what you mean. The 300 words is a perfect summary and I agree, it is really hard to make a start on the actual 1st draft.

I started by going through and preparing a table of contents, and identifying all the different sections of my report. Then I wrote in some key words and phrases under the various headings; this really helps formulate your thoughts.

After that it was a case of putting each 'chapter' into a logical sequence and writing the explanations, diagrams etc. At this point I did find that I was trying to use better, longer words and adding in extra wording to try and make it sound better, but I then found that I had to reduce the report significantly and try and abbreviate my sentences to get the word count down. It was actually more difficult to reduce the word count in the end!

It will come to you in the end, but 'thinking time' mustn't be under-estimated either ... you have to be in the right frame of mind to sit and concentrate on it properly, otherwise you will just keep going to put the kettle on and eat another biscuit because you haven't got your head around it!

Good luck - don't mind if you pm me about it.

Anna :-)
  • taskey
    i have done the management of people and the current system section. i have done the swot analysis, fraud matrix and query log.

my tutor at BPP is absolutley brill - thanks Emma if you are reading this.

She has broken down each section for me and i have found this project really quite easy to write 4000 words. if anything i am having to cut bits out which are just waffle.

doing the first paragraph is the hardest, but once you have started it is all go.

i am hoping to have mine completed in the next 2 weeks.

Tracy
  • taskey
    ok, i am now at the title page of my report.

Did everyone take up a whole page for their title, did they make it look pretty - dont know if they want it in colour??? help

Tracy
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I just did bog standard plain black "times new roman" on one page. Title in the middle of the page and name and aat number on the bottom right.
  • anniem
    I took up a whole page, but did it in rainbow coloured word art - I decided that black and white looked sort of 'accountant boring', bit like beige!!!!! Sorry JOW774!!!!!!!

Anna ;-)
  • taskey
    cool, i was unsure but i think a bit of artistic flair might be in order

Tracy
  • Greycow
    Greycow Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
    my tutor at BPP is absolutley brill - thanks Emma if you are reading this.

She has broken down each section for me and i have found this project really quite easy to write 4000 words.

I totally agree with you about Emma, I am at the stage of pulling it together to send a complete draft to her after doing the various sections.

Her prompt replies and encouragement at each stage have really helped I am almost 3 weeks ahead of my plan !!
  • anniem
    Wish I felt the same ... I handed mine into my tutor and he said that a couple more points needed to be covered then final interview would be all that was left. No problems it was a good report. THEN three weeks after I submitted my 'finished' project to him I got an email from someone I'd never heard of with a list of 10 more points that I needed to cover, so I checked with her, as she'd written 1st draft as the heading on her report to me and she had actually been reviewing my 2nd draft as the previous assessor was now off sick.

Very, very demoralised now. I thought I would be able to concentrate on exam study, but no, I've now got to re-visit my project. I wouldn't have minded so much, but when I prepared my time plans I hadn't factored in for 3 week turnaround time on assessments. I'm now concerned that it makes my planning look poor as my timescales are all to pot.

Plus having now had my hip operation (took my DFS book into hospital, but the anaesthetic made the words muddle up on the page so I didn't do the studying I had planned in hospital - just how lazy is that????) I feel like I'm out of control - children on half term, work month end and year end, plus harvest and now the shooting season has started (in farming and estate management - 3 different farms and 3 different shoots.) I'm now away for 3 days DFS revision course, followed by another course on the accounts system at work and I don't know quite how I'm going to fit everything in.

Hey ho! It'll happen come what may .....

Bit gloomy (and wish I had more time and/or help!!!!!)

A x
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Dont worry, for me I thought help with this unit was a bit thin on the ground.

I dont know who your doing this unit with, but Ive got a few lists on what to include and that, if you pm me I could email them. May help or may not?
Privacy Policy