Frixion Pens

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Its that time again when there is a discussion about the pens for Exams! I have read on here lots that people use the Frixion Pens but in the June FRA Exam I decided to use Pencil then go over it in normal Pen. Bad Mistake! I ran out of time and the pens I was using were not working over the Pencil. I wasted a lot of time on this but luckily still passed.

Anyway I was in Morrisons on Saturday and they were selling the Frixion Pens at a reduced cost of Β£0.98 per pack of 2 so I bought two packs. So if anyone is buying them for the Exams try your local Morrisons first.
Β«1

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    Its that time again when there is a discussion about the pens for Exams! I have read on here lots that people use the Frixion Pens but in the June FRA Exam I decided to use Pencil then go over it in normal Pen. Bad Mistake! I ran out of time and the pens I was using were not working over the Pencil. I wasted a lot of time on this but luckily still passed.

Anyway I was in Morrisons on Saturday and they were selling the Frixion Pens at a reduced cost of Β£0.98 per pack of 2 so I bought two packs. So if anyone is buying them for the Exams try your local Morrisons first.

are you ok to use them ........just in case when rubbing they come off . or do they only come off if using their own special rubber ?
  • jewels.p
    Options
    are you ok to use them ........just in case when rubbing they come off . or do they only come off if using their own special rubber ?

It says on them not to be used in Exams (that's why I didn't use them before).......................hang on I'll try rubbing them out with something else................right they rub out with a normal rubber but not with your finger or your jumper!
  • mark130273
    Options
    It says on them not to be used in Exams (that's why I didn't use them before).......................hang on I'll try rubbing them out with something else................right they rub out with a normal rubber but not with your finger or your jumper!

well that something ive never had to do ...sit and wait while reading a post !!!very good thou !!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I use gel pens.

The only pens i can use lol and you can only buy them at staples.

I use them @ work, college & home.

Β£5 for 10 :).
  • mark130273
    Options
    ak002 wrote: Β»
    i use gel pens.

very lar de dar !!!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    I use gel pens.

Do they rub out?
  • mark130273
    Options
    Do they rub out?

gel pens dont ........so if you make a mistake tuff bloody s**t !
  • jewels.p
    Options
    gel pens dont ........so if you make a mistake tuff bloody s**t !

That's what I was thinking. No use for me cause I ALWAYS have to rub stuff out and redo it.

Speaking of the S*** word I went onto Google this morning to get HMRC website for work. Underneath the main HMRC website there was one called "HMRC are S****" and it said it was for the British Taxpayers. I then went onto the proper HMRC website and spent ages trying to get a problem sorted out so agree with the second one.
  • mark130273
    Options
    That's what I was thinking. No use for me cause I ALWAYS have to rub stuff out and redo it.

Speaking of the S*** word I went onto Google this morning to get HMRC website for work. Underneath the main HMRC website there was one called "HMRC are S****" and it said it was for the British Taxpayers. I then went onto the proper HMRC website and spent ages trying to get a problem sorted out so agree with the second one.

its quite funny when you look for something very innosent on google but it comes up with something that you could really really get in trouble if you clicked on it in work !, im tryign to remember in one of my old works that someone was searching for and they put it in google and 6 out of the first 10 items was dodgy stuff !..it was soo funny ...
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I only use gel pens too and once had a minor disaster when my sole pen ran out five minutes into the exam paper. Had to resort to a shitty ballpoint which made me write slower, thus the moral is - always take backups with you into the exam hall!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Well, I guess the swear filter got confused by that one...
  • mark130273
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    Well, I guess the swear filter got confused by that one...

it prob knew that it was you and did not realise that you swore .....so it never blocks any of yours .....hahahahahaha
  • blobbyh
    Options
    I'm trying to remember in one of my old works that someone was searching for and they put it in google and 6 out of the first 10 items was dodgy stuff !..it was soo funny ...

Come on Mark, we know it was you and what's the keyword 'beastiality' got to do work tax returns anyway?

And note how you always spell perfectly whenever I quote you (though I give up on the grammar)?
  • mark130273
    Options
    Come on Mark, we know it was you and what's the keyword 'beastiality' got to do work tax returns anyway?

And note how you always spell perfectly whenever I quote you (though I give up on the grammar)?

you are so kind to make sure that my spelling is correct when you quote me.......it makes my heart twitter just in that thought that you care so much about me that you would not allow me to be picked on by all these other people who so much would love to pick up on every mistake that i have in my typing or grammar !!!

and it was not me by the way and im wishing i could remember what he was searching for ...
  • blobbyh
    Options
    ...it makes my heart twitter just in that thought that you care so much about me that you would not allow me to be picked on by all these other people who so much would love to pick up on every mistake that i have in my typing or grammar !!!

Don't mention it, I'd hate to see others picking on the runt (sp.) of the litter.
  • mark130273
    Options
    Don't mention it, I'd hate to see others picking on the runt (sp.) of the litter.

yeh but you know that im no runt........more like the middle one that comes out with a limp leg and a lisp..........rrrroofff rrrrooooff !!!hahaha
  • AK002
    Options
    yeh but you know that im no runt........more like the middle one that comes out with a limp leg and a lisp..........rrrroofff rrrrooooff !!!hahaha

shouldn't that be rrroooofthh...
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Aww poor AK back at work i see
  • AK002
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Aww poor AK back at work i see

Yes i am.

Glad to be back :)
  • mark130273
    Options
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    shouldn't that be rrroooofthh...

sorry ive never ACTUALLY sat there and listened to a lisping dog !!!
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I found some Stabilo Marathon ballpoints when I first started studying AAT. I think I've still got one of the original batch - they last for 5km of writing, apparently. I think they've been discontinued, so I've been buying up stocks as I see them in Partners or wherever.
  • jewels.p
    Options
    I found some Stabilo Marathon ballpoints when I first started studying AAT. I think I've still got one of the original batch - they last for 5km of writing, apparently. I think they've been discontinued, so I've been buying up stocks as I see them in Partners or wherever.

Can you rub them out?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Can you rub them out?

Yes

O and Jewels congrates you win a smile :) for being my 3000 postee
  • AK002
    Options
    Your name hasn't chagned.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    I'd quite have liked "Hardcore veteran" once you'd reached three thousand.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Robbed i tells ya robbed
  • jewels.p
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Yes

O and Jewels congrates you win a smile :) for being my 3000 postee

Brill do I get a prize?
  • A-Vic