Unit10 - simulation D1989

Yu-yu
Yu-yu Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
Help please:(((((
I'm making the simulation about Premier Office Supplies (POS) and it drives me crazy as I do not understand what my tutor wants from me! I sent her my Project Proposal twice and twice she replied I needed to be more specific. Could you please look at my report title and content and give some advice how I can be more specific to fullfill all the PC, Range Statements and K&U, as there is no help from my tutor at all?
"Report on accounts department of POS"
Content
1. Terms of reference
2. Methodology
3.Executive summary
4.The company's background
5. Use of staff resources
-Staff competencies and training needs review
- Rescheduling of work activities
- Work discipline and staff motivation
6. Analysis of the current system
-SWOT
- Risk analysis of the potential fraud
- Recommendations (only BACS payments to employees - no cash, additional training for payroll clerk)
7. Cost/benefit analysis (BACS payments to employees)
8. Contingency planning
9. Conclusions
10. Appendicies
Will be very appreciated for help!

Comments

• jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The report is only 4000 words and you have been able to do an analysis of the whole accounts department?

I would recommend concentrating on one section of the accounts department, eg payables, and doing a full SWOT analysis and recommendation on this.

You can not be going into enough detail if you are doing the whole system.
  • Yu-yu
    Yu-yu Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    jorja1986 wrote: »
    The report is only 4000 words and you have been able to do an analysis of the whole accounts department?

I would recommend concentrating on one section of the accounts department, eg payables, and doing a full SWOT analysis and recommendation on this.

You can not be going into enough detail if you are doing the whole system.

Oh, that's reasonable but the problem is this is a simulation and there aren't a lot of information as it could be if to analyse a real company. If I concentrate on e.g. Payroll and personnel (as my recommendations are for this area of the system) the SWOT analysis will be very short.
    Thanks.
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    For a less daunting approach we've been given the following outline:- introduction - 500-750 words, problem area -1500-1750 words, recommendations - 750-1100 words, cost benefit analysis - 250-400 words. I've heard that the simulation has quite a few problem areas & you shouldn't try to tackle all of them, just concentrate on one or two.
Privacy Policy