iphone speakers

Options
fatandforty
fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
My husband has treated himself to the iphone and I was thinking of getting him some speakers for it for his birthday (not until December but I like to be prepared). Was wondering if anyone had some advice as to what would be a good set? Also how much I am likely to be spending?

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    My husband has treated himself to the iphone and I was thinking of getting him some speakers for it for his birthday (not until December but I like to be prepared). Was wondering if anyone had some advice as to what would be a good set? Also how much I am likely to be spending?

ebay ...buy them imported from china. .....
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    mark130273 wrote: »
    ebay ...buy them imported from china. .....

dont buy imported goods from ebay, you are just spending unnecessarily, electronic goods from China are 9 times out of 10 first class - and there are a lot of manufacturers that sell direct with awasome prices. Some of them are not your well known branded items, but just because they are not weighted with a brand name it doesnt mean they are not as good.

I would try www.madeinChina.com

You will find so much there, and a lot of it is free shipping and much cheaper than stores, and ebay these days.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    LeeS2009 wrote: »
    dont buy imported goods from ebay, you are just spending unnecessarily, electronic goods from China are 9 times out of 10 first class - and there are a lot of manufacturers that sell direct with awasome prices. Some of them are not your well known branded items, but just because they are not weighted with a brand name it doesnt mean they are not as good.

You will find so much there, and a lot of it is free shipping and much cheaper than stores, and ebay these days.

Have you bought from them before? I am always wary of buying from overseas and am looking for an Ipod Nano or Classic for my Partner's Xmas?
  • mark130273
    Options

i would very careful about buying in from china diect as some of them will rip you off but i have imported a few things from there and as long as they are for self-use then they are ok........but dont try and sell them on Ebay !!!
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »
    Have you bought from them before? I am always wary of buying from overseas and am looking for an Ipod Nano or Classic for my Partner's Xmas?

There is no need, if you are buying for Xmas dont leave it to late as your delivery may be delayed.

I can understand that, but Dont worry about buying from over seas, almost everything you see around you, you buy from over seas, you just pay a middle man who bought it from china or japan etc before you, hence more expensive. Obviously there are some cons around but well known huge Manufacturers see directly from china or japan.

Try somethinf cheap first from that website a gave you, they even give you an air mail tracking number so that you can check on your item.
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    i would very careful about buying in from china diect as some of them will rip you off but i have imported a few things from there and as long as they are for self-use then they are ok........but dont try and sell them on Ebay !!!

lol why not??

Mark currently China is the manufacturing capital of the world!! Their goods are made to work around the world.

It is perfectly legal to buy goods from China and sell them here in the UK or anywhere else in the UK.

I have been doing it for years!
  • mark130273
    Options
    lol why not??

Mark currently China is the manufacturing capital of the world!! Their goods are made to work around the world.

It is perfectly legal to buy goods from China and sell them here in the UK or anywhere else in the UK.

it all depends on what you buy from there......as i made the mistake of buying GHD from china and sellign them and ofund out later that they were not originals but copies...

so got to be careful !
  • jewels.p
    Options
    lol why not??

I have had a look at the website you said and typed in Ipod Nano. It came up with MP4 Players but didnt actually say Ipod Nano are they the same thing or would they not work as good as the Apple make (I dont know much about these things) Would be grateful if you could advise.
    Thanks
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »
    I have had a look at the website you said and typed in Ipod Nano. It came up with MP4 Players but didnt actually say Ipod Nano are they the same thing or would they not work as good as the Apple make (I dont know much about these things) Would be grateful if you could advise.
    Thanks

no jewels if it doesnt say IPOD Nano, its not it, Currys etc sell about 30 - 60 different types of mp3 & mp4 players including the i-pod, that website sells about 130 different types, so all i am saying is you have more choice than in this country, some of them are not brand names, but i bought an equivilent to the I-phone before the I-Phone came out lol and i got it for £85, it came with software, chargers, dual sim, it was unlocked so i could use whoever i wanted, its got wifi, blue tooth, touch screen, accelerator and loads of memory. Its exactly the same as the i-phone thats out now, but its not "the i-phone" that is popular today.

you try getting one now!!

but no jewels dont assume its an ipod if it doesnt say it is and dont buy it. That website will have many good ones with exactly the same features, but it wont run i-tunes, so if it is specifically i-pod you want, you need to shop around.
  • mark130273
    Options
    so lees when you sell your stuff then on ebay do you amke sure that the buyer does know its an import ? as i got kicked off ebay for 3 months because i was selling not original goods and even when i put on that they were not the original i stil got kicked off !

so the best thing i can say if buying from china please onyl use for yourself ?
  • jewels.p
    Options
    no jewels if it doesnt say IPOD Nano, its not it, Currys etc sell about 30 - 60 different types of mp3 & mp4 players including the i-pod, that website sells about 130 different types, so all i am saying is you have more choice than in this country, some of them are not brand names, but i bought an equivilent to the I-phone before the I-Phone came out lol and i got it for £85, it came with software, chargers, dual sim, it was unlocked so i could use whoever i wanted, its got wifi, blue tooth, touch screen, accelerator and loads of memory. Its exactly the same as the i-phone thats out now, but its not "the i-phone" that is popular today.

you try getting one now!!

but no jewels dont assume its an ipod if it doesnt say it is and dont buy it. That website will have many good ones with exactly the same features, but it wont run i-tunes, so if it is specifically i-pod you want, you need to shop around.

Thanks Lee
  • LeeS2009
    Options
    so lees when you sell your stuff then on ebay do you amke sure that the buyer does know its an import ? as i got kicked off ebay for 3 months because i was selling not original goods and even when i put on that they were not the original i stil got kicked off !

so the best thing i can say if buying from china please onyl use for yourself ?

i used to sell them on ebay, phones, satnav's etc... but my last bill to ebay was for £399 and i felt that it was a bit high, so i dont use them anymore
  • mark130273
    Options
    i used to sell them on ebay, phones, satnav's etc... but my last bill to ebay was for £399 and i felt that it was a bit high, so i dont use them anymore

wow you must of been selling some stuff to get abill that high ?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Either that or he's smuggling people via E-Bay: not that they E-Bay'll mind as long as they can make some profit out of it...
  • mark130273
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Either that or he's smuggling people via E-Bay: not that they E-Bay'll mind as long as they can make some profit out of it...

ebay must make some large and i mean large hefty wonga each second of the day ..........

its cost to list cost to sell and then if you use paypal it costs to recieve....

gee if you sold something for £100 you would probibly end up with only 80 profit !!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    I know we all use E-Bay but it is kinda ironic. We've all seen the adverts regarding knock off Nigel dvd pirates in this country - and some might even feel bad about it (I don't) - but then many will happily buy electrical knock offs from China thus helping fund the local mafia. Guess as long as it's not on these shores, eh?
  • mark130273
    Options
    I know we all use E-Bay but it is kinda ironic. We've all seen the adverts regarding knock off Nigel dvd pirates in this country - and some might even feel bad about it (I don't) - but then many will happily buy electrical knock offs from China thus helping fund the local mafia. Guess as long as it's not on these shores, eh?

too true.....just wish it wasnt as gard and as many robbers in china either !
  • blobbyh
    Options
  • mark130273
    Options
    слишком истинное ..... как раз желание оно не было как крепко и так много разбойники в фарфоре то!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    And should I remind you that every time you use Babel Fish, the site owners will (I should add "probably" for legal reasons) covertly donate 5 pence to arms dealers in Africa?
  • mark130273
    Options
    And should I remind you that every time you use Babel Fish, the site owners will (I should add "probably" for legal reasons) covertly donate 5 pence to arms dealers in Africa?

ok..............same as many other sites !!
  • LeeS2009
    Options

oh come on robert, you pay tax on pretty much everything you buy in this country to the government...mate they are no angels....and you help fund them just like we all do.
  • mark130273
    Options
    oh come on robert, you pay tax on pretty much everything you buy in this country to the government...mate they are no angels....and you help fund them just like we all do.

and like Lee pointed out does everyone think that our government are the angelic types !!
Privacy Policy