Anyone doing the Unit 5 FRA exam in December ?

Options
steveJ
steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Just wondering how many of you are studying towards the FRA exam in December?

Also is anyone doing it paper based or is everyone taking the CBE route ?

Comments

• KVeevers
    KVeevers Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    hi

I'm doing mine. I was thinking doing CBE but i tried it out and its not for me, you need scroll up and down and you can only have it right or wrong but this is my personal opinion other people might think diffrent good luck
  • Mini
    Mini Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi,

Yes i will be doing the FRA exam in December
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I agree K-veev, I think I'm just used to sitting exams with a pen and paper, plus being able to show your working can get valuable points if you get the answer wrong!

Where bouts are you taking your exam ? Anywhere near London ?
  • KVeevers
    KVeevers Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi

i think may station will be salisbury .I havent Book it yet wait till the end of october. Jeah I like pen and paper i hope there have enough there for me
  • Toffeemadblue
    Toffeemadblue Registered Posts: 102 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I'm sitting it in December, paper based I'm glad to say. Feel so far away from being ready, and my college has just decided to postpone the FRA simultation till January! so that " we can have more time to prepare you for the exam".
    Tell me I'm not alone in thinking that is crazy
  • john.carter14
    john.carter14 Registered Posts: 22 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I have been encouraged to do the exam in December via CBE.

GOOD LUCK Everyone
  • sharonj
    sharonj Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    steveJ wrote: ยป
    Just wondering how many of you are studying towards the FRA exam in December?

Also is anyone doing it paper based or is everyone taking the CBE route ?

I'm doint the FRA exam in December, haven't booked it yet as still undecided whether I'm going to do the paper based or CBE. Am pretty sure I'll do the CBE as really don't want to wait six or eight or however many weeks it is for my exam results again. Last time was a nightmare. I've nearly finished working through the the Osborne book, am on the last chapter. I'm going to have a go at a practice CBE and see how I do. Then I'll make up my mind. Wanted to take ECR too but haven't even looked at that unit yet. My tutor has encouraged me to work towards ECR for June next year and concentrate on unit 31 and professional ethics after Christmas. Going to do exactly what he say's as I'm sure he knows what he's doing.
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I am doing the CBE for FRA unit 5 tomorrow. Feel I would rather get it out the way than wait until December. I have the unit 6 booked for CBE in Nov.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I am doing the CBE for FRA unit 5 tomorrow. Feel I would rather get it out the way than wait until December. I have the unit 6 booked for CBE in Nov.

Good luck. But how on earth are you ready to take it so soon? I don't think I will be ready by December!!
  • hztm
    hztm Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Good luck with the exam tomorrow. I too am looking to take FRA in December. I have booked the written exam but am wondering whether to change to CBE. Will be very interested to know how you find the CBE exam.
  • noodles
    Options
    CBE Exam FRA unit 5

Had the exam today and passed - yipee

Was meant to take 3 hours but did it in just over an hour. It really is not that bad- suggest you go for it if you are unsure.
  • hztm
    Options
    Congratulations on the pass. Can I ask if this was your first AAT exam. I am really confused now - now sure whether to stick with the written exam or change to CBE.
  • noodles
    Options
    I have gone straight in at intermediate level and this was my first external exam. I have sat 2 skill tests. If you are able to pass the demo fra cbe exam on the website then you should be okay, it was the same sort of thing. Try the demo and then decide.
  • hztm
    Options
    Could I just ask a question - I understand that the written exam asks you to write memos or letters to show you understand things - how does the computer based exam handle this - I guess there are no questions asking you to write things???
  • noodles
    Options
    I did the FRA exam and there were no writing of memo's. It was just as the demo was. Learn what was ont he demo and you will be okay.
  • garfield
    garfield Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi

I've done the Unit 5 exam in June, and I'd say, go for the written. I've never seen the CBE's, but a tutor did tell me you need a higher level of accuracy, and there's less chance of picking up points through workings etc. We were even told to write little notes to the examier if necessary (which I did on one question, to say I knew a figure was wrong & should balance, but I couldn't find my mistake). I passed, so it must have been good advice! I just think a computer will look for the right answer and that's it, whereas a person can see if you knew what you were doing, but just picked up one wrong figure in a stressful situation.
  • annefreeman
    annefreeman Registered Posts: 21 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi, I'm hoping to take my exam in December with the skills test in January (awaiting aat registration). I went straight in at level 3 so am working like a trojan to get as much work in as possible. I know I prefer paper based exams rather than pc based ones. Good luck to everybody doing the December exam though.
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    CBE does ask questions. You just drag and drop answers. Has its advantages but has similar words that can confuse. Thankfully did pass my re-sit and finished in just over an hour. Whereas took full time in paper exam. There are advantages and disadvantages for the CBE exams. I am retaking ECR in December and still not sure to do paper exam or cbe. Also taking PCR and they are in same week. So think by doing CBE can revise for PCR without having to worry about ECR and can sit CBE later in December.
Privacy Policy