A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    mark130273 wrote: »
    ok worry but you did ask for a UB40 ?

Come on mark your from Liverpool you know what a UB40 is lol
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Come on mark your from Liverpool you know what a UB40 is lol

you cheeky git . im not from liverpool like i keep on saying im from wallasey its a totally different part ...
  • A-Vic
    you cheeky git . im not from liverpool like i keep on saying im from wallasey its a totally different part ...

Love ya wana hug? lol
  • mark130273
    Love ya wana hug? lol

yeh please !!!!!!:001_tt1:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    The only thing I would say based on my experience in industry is if you don't choose a big enough firm you end up doing all sorts.

And depending on the job you go for, those other skills could make you incredibly employable over someone who can do only one thing or only ever worked in one type of business sector. I've worked in manufacturing, retail and the service sectors and could never imagine being cooped up in a practice all day, doing little else other than client accounts, P&L's and Balance Sheets.
  • A-Vic
    But its not like that in practise now?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'm sure my view of practice might be a little pigeonholed but apart from mostly working on client accounts, what other things are there for you to do as a fee earner?
  • A-Vic
    blobbyh wrote: »
    I'm sure my view of practice might be a little pigeonholed but apart from mostly working on client accounts, what other things are there for you to do as a fee earner?

it varies from client to client yes a large majority just want their tax return filed and a set of accounts for the bank manager doing but my dream would be as an accountant to work in the financial sector give advise on budgting or just something to sink my teeth into i know a bit of a pipe dream
  • Raging Pineapples
    Raging Pineapples Registered Posts: 110 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Personally, I work in Industry and it's quite fun, I worried about the same thing as Rob mentioned with practice - being TOO much accounting, perhaps.

In industry you get a good chance to do other things, and it's fascinating learning about your chosen firm's trade. I learned quite a bit about bankruptcy from working with an insolvency advice firm, and now with construction and health and safety.

Bankruptcy was the best one though, I could have sat at my desk for years listening to the advice they were giving, it was fascinating! And completely destroyed my faith in Citizens Advice! :D
  • A-Vic
    So what next do i stay or do i move ?
  • mark130273
    So what next do i stay or do i move ?

like we said a million years ago .....be happy that you still got a job ?
  • A-Vic
    like we said a million years ago .....be happy that you still got a job ?

Well i might as well quit the AAT now then mark as it wont be needed here
  • mark130273
    Well i might as well quit the AAT now then mark as it wont be needed here

i never said that but just putting in the realistic tone that stay in a job unless you have got any other options ? and be glad about it ......if your not happy get looking now....as long as its not in the wirral area ?
  • A-Vic
    and thats why i asked the question would industry you think sponcer my studies?
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉

The answer is "perhaps"! I'm trying to get a commerce/industry position which will fund me through CIMA with little success, and so I'm also looking for somewhere I can get good experience. I'm currently working in a sales/admin role which isn't 'accountsy' enough for good work experience.
  • mark130273

not a clue really .but the right job would sponser you because in the long run it would help them. but i think they would like you to sign something saying that you would not leave them within so many years after passing . otherwise you could pass and then leave for aa better post ?
  • Raging Pineapples
    Raging Pineapples Registered Posts: 110 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You could just wait a little longer until the financial system stabilises a little. I want to do carreer moves too right now, but I don't think now's the time.

By all means look for another job, but be picky - in your shoes my number 1 priority would be job security. You can ditch them for a better deal when things pick up again.
  • A-Vic
    True i just needed to keep the momentum going with studies.
Privacy Policy