Motivation - lacking of!

Alicia
Alicia Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor โญ
I have completed my exams for intermediate and have one skills test left to do - CMCC and i feel that i am lacking in motivation to get through this last unit!!

Any motivational words/advice would not go a miss right now.

Thank you xXx

Comments

• steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    What are you aiming for at the end of the whole qualification ?
    Just keep thinking of what your aiming for !

Also try doing it in small chunks at a time...give it some time to set in.

Just think of the feeling you had when you passed the Foundation/intermediate exams-keep that in mind....

Good luck !!
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    In the words of Dory "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"!
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    IF... you pass the exam it will lead on to a much better paying career.

So print out some pictures of the things it would let you buy ;)
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    In the words of Dory "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"!

Unusually light-hearted post from you, Jon: have you been hacked?
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Unusually light-hearted post from you, Jon: have you been hacked?

Sorry - must of been having a bad day....
  • valentino46
    valentino46 Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    enthusiasm

hi guys,

i would like to chuck in my two pence worth here. I was a well paid assembler at jaguar up until 4 years ago. Job moved so the job centre it was, i took a 50% pay cut and spent my last weeks wage on foundation course via distance learning with premier training (excellent by the way). Why accounts i asked myself as i had never been into maths etc at school or had friends or relatives in accountancy.

16 months ago i got an accounts administrator job working on sage and doing accounts up to and including bank rec for an internet seller, its paid ok and i would never have got it without my NVQ 2 in accounting. Im now half way through intermediate with a successful exam pass in FRA so fingers crossed for ECR in december!

There has been a couple of interviews for accounts assistant positions along the way and i cannot belive the doors that have opened in the accountancy sector for me after starting my studies. Sorry for blabbing on but every time my head hits the books i remeber how my days of fitting door seals at the jag abruptly ended and how my better paid career in accountancy started.

I have my days when i cant be bloody bothered and its amazing how interesting corrie becomes when i have to study (no offence to the street fans!!) but i never let my enthusiasm go as there are such great rewards when fully qualified.

cheers

rob
  • steveJ
    I am currently working on the production line at Ford. I've been working there for the last 5 years and really wanted to get off 'the line' as it definately isn't for me, so last year I finally decided to do something about it. After hearing about my friend taking a bookkeeping course, it got me thinking (I took GCSE accounts, but slacked off i.e clubbing, drinking etc) seriously about a change and I searched the net for accountancy courses. I started the Foundation by distance learning and worked my way through it and finally passed it in June just gone. Since that I've had the confidence to go for low level accounting/data inputting job vacancies. So now I'm working through the intermediate and finally a job came up in work to move into the office as a billing clerk. I've got the job!!!!. I'm just awaiting a start date and I'm away!!!!
    A years studying got me out of a job (I hated) that i had been working on for 5 years.

Get the books open and keep your goal in mind!

If I can do this with an accountancy course, what other things can I do !

Keep going
  • valentino46
    ford

visited your plant a couple of times mate after the takeover a few years back!! small world

rob
  • steveJ
    visited your plant a couple of times mate after the takeover a few years back!! small world

rob

Cool. Where did you work? What plant did you goto ? There have been so many job cuts in our place over the last year or so...some blokes being let go halfway through a night shift!!!
    Luckily enough I had 5 years service....
  • valentino46
    i was at jaguar plant in birmingham @ castle brom. I was there sent by land rover in 1999 they kept renewing my contract every 12 months but never quite got round to issuing me with a full term one!! I then went back to land rover to work on the freelander and then they moved to liverpool so it was 12 hour shifts on the discovery nights and days!!
    I thought that was enough of that malarky and walked, foolish if you think about it now as it was a ยฃ350 a week job at the time, mind numbing but a job and it suited and it was what the automotive industry was all about, i loved it but loathed it at the same time.
    The guys still in there are loosing there jobs left right and centre and they expect these guys to go and be a pool attendant or carer at a home for ยฃ6 quid an hour!! poor Bยฃ^%"ยฃ*ds.
    Glad i left when i did, although it was my livelyhood when i was there and had some great times.
    What level are you studying at the moment friend?

rob
  • steveJ
    The money is great for what you actaully do (I think thats what keeps people there), but i need a bit more than that. Im working next to blokes who have been there 30+ years !!!! Luckily enough now i have got a job as a billing clerk in the office with room for progression.....CIMA ?? possibly.....

At the moment im studying intermediate...Im heading for the FRA in December and then ECR next June.

What are you upto at the moment ?
  • valentino46
    i completed FRA in june and will be sitting ECR in december, quite enjoying this level its not as mundane as NVQ level 2. who are your distant learning college??
  • steveJ
    Premier training. Ill be sitting my exam at the London SAM. So where do you work now ? Accountancy role ?
  • valentino46
    premier too, jeff is tutor. I sit exams at the local college. I do the accounts for an internet seller in birmingham, i cover everything up to doing the bank rec and certain reports such as VAT and month end budgets etc. Its great experience but looking for more of an accounts assistant position though.
    What will billing analyst involve in your new job, congrats by the way.

regards

rob
  • steveJ
    Cheers mate.

Ill be working in the transport operations department inputting invoices, collecting for month ends etc, basic admin,accountancy to start, but they did say that the job can be used as a stepping stone to being a financial analyst, work in the finance dept etc....

I'm just gonna learn as much as I can as this is my first accountancy finance type role.

Have you tried looking for voluntary work ? Local business ?
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I really can't get motivated either lol :o
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    I really can't get motivated either lol :o

I believe you work in a practice in Glasgow so I would have thought that looking at the bosses car would be motivation enough...just wanting to be in the bosses place!
    It takes a lot of PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) and I find that this site gives me that. Whenever I can't be bothered I come on here and people like Di, Jill, Blobby et al lift me back up again.
    I know everyones circumstances are different. I was lucky to start off in a good practice and then move onto to being a jobbing accountant, gaining loads of extra experience.
    I still haven't completed Technician but I work for myself and am starting to achieve a decent income.
    My main incentive is wanting to see a photo of me with that cap and gown, something I never, ever thought I was capable of going for.. I left school in the 60's with a couple of O'levels(forerunner of GCSE's) and have had that many jobs I could write a novel instead of a previous employment list...LOL.
    So (In the words of the song) "If you're down and troubled and you need a helping hand, just call out my name and you know wherever I am, I'll come running"....to give a helping hand!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I believe you work in a practice in Glasgow so I would have thought that looking at the bosses car would be motivation enough...just wanting to be in the bosses place!
    It takes a lot of PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) and I find that this site gives me that. Whenever I can't be bothered I come on here and people like Di, Jill, Blobby et al lift me back up again.
    I know everyones circumstances are different. I was lucky to start off in a good practice and then move onto to being a jobbing accountant, gaining loads of extra experience.
    I still haven't completed Technician but I work for myself and am starting to achieve a decent income.
    My main incentive is wanting to see a photo of me with that cap and gown, something I never, ever thought I was capable of going for.. I left school in the 60's with a couple of O'levels(forerunner of GCSE's) and have had that many jobs I could write a novel instead of a previous employment list...LOL.
    So (In the words of the song) "If you're down and troubled and you need a helping hand, just call out my name and you know wherever I am, I'll come running"....to give a helping hand!

Peter you are one of the nicest people on here :)
  • farmergiles
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Peter you are one of the nicest people on here :)

Thank you, A-Vic, for that small accolade.

I feel that I am no nicer than all my fellow contributors. Together we are a "Brotherhood/Sisterhood", all here to both help and support one another and to be helped and supported in our hours of need.
    I wouldn't have got where I am today without the support of the "Brother/Sisterhood", past and present, to whom I offer my unmitigated thanks.
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    FG you have been a great support to me, thank you, I hope one day I will in a position to reciprocate.
  • farmergiles
    jilt wrote: ยป
    FG you have been a great support to me, thank you, I hope one day I will in a position to reciprocate.

Looks like I need to get my office door widened.....lol

I help if I can and seek help when I need it
    and when you have all finished with my support, can you please wash it out and send it back, the Doctor tells me I need it now...lol
Privacy Policy