How to put AAT on CV ???

George Tse
George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor šŸ¦‰
Well just checked online on MyAAT and found out that I have finally completed the AAT yay !!!! Just gotta wait for my certificate now ! :D im so happy wooohooooo !!!

Now the thing is I need to look for a job in the new year and I dont know how I should state the AAT qualification on my CV, if that makes sense?

On my old CV I just put AAT Intermediate and just listed the modules/units under it. Now if I do that now I am worried that it will look very unprofessional and does not fully explain the AAT qualification.

Can any of you guys tell me how you have put this on your CV's

Thanks

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    MAAT after your name? Also Qualified Member of Association of Accouting Technicians somewhere? Do you not haev a summary of qualifications? I know i had one on mine (never used my CV tho... been in the same job since i was 16 lol) which just listed AAT and a couple of otehr college courses i've been on
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor šŸ¦‰
    Now the thing is I need to look for a job in the new year and I dont know how I should state the AAT qualification on my CV, if that makes sense?

Do you have a 'personal profile' at the top of your CV: a couple of sentences summarising who you are and what you are looking for? That would be an excellent point to state that you were elected to MAAT status recently and are looking for a new role.

Mine is also in my "qualifications" section. You might consider making a "professional qualifications" section, separate from school/uni, but as my degree is in accounting I'm leaving it in one section.

I do not put my designatory letters after my name on my CV. The number of times "MAAT" been read by recruiters as being my last name just got silly.
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor šŸ¦‰
    As an odd coincidence, I got a job rejection letter today. To be honest, it had been so long since I heard from them that I had assumed I didn't get it, but it was nice of them to reply. The point is the way I was addressed:

J Bookworm esq. BSc(hons) MAAT

I feel pretentious just for reading it. Even though it's strictly legitimate. I can certainly see

Mr. J Bookworm MAAT

as being sensible in a work related context. Especially if I also had something else relevant (eg ACA, ACMA, CTA) to put on the end of the string.
  • shawn michaels
    shawn michaels Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ā­
    On my CV the personal profile section, I mention the term "AAT Qualified". I'm sure that would be very useful.
Privacy Policy