Business & Personal Tax

Ampsie
Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi All,

Whilst waiting nervously for results I am starting on Business and Personal tax for June exams.

Does anyone who has done these think it's better to do one before the other or both alongside each other.

I have heard that the business tax covers a lot of the parts of personal tax so is probably the better one to do first, but would like to know what others think!

Thanks
Ampsie
:-)

Comments

• lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I did 2 tax papers in December and I found it quite tricky working them alongside each other. Business tax is a far more complex subject and think if I had my time again I would do them seperately. Probably business tax first to get it out of the way!!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i have to agree that doing two tax papers together makes it a lot harder so many different rules to remeber and not confuse.

I did the personal tax in december and doing the business tax in june however if i do fail personal i wont sit them together
  • crissy
    crissy Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Ampsie,

Im also starting now with Business & Personal tax. Im going to attempt and sit both in June as these are the only ones I have left. I think we have plenty of time for both if we start right away and put our minds on it!
    Good luck! :)
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I sat both together in June 2008. I found studying them together worked for me, but as A-Vic says you just have to be careful not to confuse the two. If you're not going to do them together then I agree with lewpylew, I'd do business tax first. Good luck whatever you decide
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi All,

Thanks for your advice.
    I think i'm going to give it a go and sit them both together in june. But I'm going to do the studying for the business tax first so that if i change my mind i've got that one done!

Cheers
    Ampsie
    :-)
Privacy Policy