FAO: Sandy Hood

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi Sandy

Currently doing MAC and was wondering if you were planning on doing any revision courses in the north west for the June exams.

Thanks in advance

Vic

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I've always enjoyed the revision days I've run in Manchester and would be happy to run one in May this year. My preference would be 1st and 2nd which precedes the bank holiday. I’m already booked up for Sat 8th (CIMA) and the weekends 15/16, 22/23 and 29/30 (AAT in London) so organising one for the north-west will probably need to be done quickly.

In recent years I’ve not mustered a viable group size, and wondered if the daily fee of £100 had put people off. I would hope not, as I do think that you get your money’s worth on these days.

Focusing on the content, I would be in favour of 2 days.
    Saturday would be open to PEV candidates as well as MAC students with a programme of variance analysis and ratios, with peripheral topics such as life cycle costing target costing and indices/time series analysis.
    Sunday would be open to PCR candidates and focus on forecasting, production/planning budgets and budgetary control.

A class size of 8 would be viable, and I would cap numbers at 12 to ensure that everyone has a chance to raise questions and have my attention.

I do cover the whole of MAC in a day with one class, but I honestly feel that if you need some help then rushing through the whole syllabus helps, but not as much as a steady working through of all the areas. Typically the feedback sheets have said they found one day was very intensive.

The other point about small classes is that we can set the agenda ourselves. Many years ago, I ran a PEV revision class in Bath where all the candidates decided they only wanted to look at one section of PEV, so that is what we did (all day).As a general point when there are fewer people in the class, there is more opportunity to customised the content.

So Vic:
    1. Does £200 for 2 days sound ok?
    2. Do you know anyone else in the area who might be interested?
    3. Please can you email me?
    sandy.hood@chichester.ac.uk
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • A-Vic
    Thanks for getting back to me Sandy i will ask at my college and show them this and get back to you by email by this time next week.

Thanks again

Vic
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Contrary to a recent thread, we all know that Sandy Hood is a much loved forum legend.

All who agree say "Aye" below!
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Aye :)
  • Ed1
    Ed1 Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    Anyone who has attended one of Mr Hood's revision sessions will know that the above is indeed true.

I find it slightly disconcerting that at least one - and maybe two - other forum members seem intent on dragging Sandy Hood into an online squabble of Punch & Judy proportions.

I guess it may be partially flattering to have so many posts and threads aimed in your direction to "prove" you wrong, but it is slightly creepy too, not to say childlike....
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Ed1 wrote: »
    Anyone who has attended one of Mr Hood's revision sessions will know that the above is indeed true.

I find it slightly disconcerting that at least one - and maybe two - other forum members seem intent on dragging Sandy Hood into an online squabble of Punch & Judy proportions.

I guess it may be partially flattering to have so many posts and threads aimed in your direction to "prove" you wrong, but it is slightly creepy too, not to say childlike....
    I agree!
  • Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I agree to. Sandy and steve are the best on these forums. Don't know what experience the two disputing sandys posts have but if sandy or steve post answers I think I kniow who I rely on.
  • RowanB
    RowanB Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I didn't say anything disputing anything Sandy said. You can look at the thread for yourself. I made a number of posts actually agreeing with Sandy. I'm sorry to keep going on about this, but I seriously resent the attempts to victimise me through conflating mine and Richard's identities, which was inspired by Blobby's infantile Rowchard nonsense. I really do hate repeating this, but if you make posts about me, I will respond. In the past, I have overreacted to unfair posts, but this time I am biting the bullet and simply asking for the lies to stop.
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    SandyHood wrote: »
    I've always enjoyed the revision days I've run in Manchester and would be happy to run one in May this year. My preference would be 1st and 2nd which precedes the bank holiday. I’m already booked up for Sat 8th (CIMA) and the weekends 15/16, 22/23 and 29/30 (AAT in London) so organising one for the north-west will probably need to be done quickly.

In recent years I’ve not mustered a viable group size, and wondered if the daily fee of £100 had put people off. I would hope not, as I do think that you get your money’s worth on these days.

Focusing on the content, I would be in favour of 2 days.
    Saturday would be open to PEV candidates as well as MAC students with a programme of variance analysis and ratios, with peripheral topics such as life cycle costing target costing and indices/time series analysis.
    Sunday would be open to PCR candidates and focus on forecasting, production/planning budgets and budgetary control.

A class size of 8 would be viable, and I would cap numbers at 12 to ensure that everyone has a chance to raise questions and have my attention.

I do cover the whole of MAC in a day with one class, but I honestly feel that if you need some help then rushing through the whole syllabus helps, but not as much as a steady working through of all the areas. Typically the feedback sheets have said they found one day was very intensive.

The other point about small classes is that we can set the agenda ourselves. Many years ago, I ran a PEV revision class in Bath where all the candidates decided they only wanted to look at one section of PEV, so that is what we did (all day).As a general point when there are fewer people in the class, there is more opportunity to customised the content.

So Vic:
    1. Does £200 for 2 days sound ok?
    2. Do you know anyone else in the area who might be interested?
    3. Please can you email me?
    sandy.hood@chichester.ac.uk

Sandy are you doing 2 day revision class for MAC IN london on 29th and 30th may for £200 if yes then how to book ?
  • joanne2510
    joanne2510 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    hi Sandy

Sorry I cant seem to be able to message your inbox but was wondering if you are holding revision days again in london fgor PEV and PCR as I thought you were Fab last time....

Thanks
  • SandyHood
    I've had some requests for revision dates so am suggesting 3 weekends:
    April 23 and 24 Arundel (or nearby) West Sussex
    May 1 and 2 Manchester
    May 8 and 9 Bristol

The fee is £100 per day
    Each weekend will typically have PEV on the Saturday and PCR on the Sunday (although I am looking at a more intensive MAC day for Manchester on May 1st)

I may miss expressions of interest if you reply to this thread, so please email me if you wish to attend. I will explain how to pay. On receipt of payment I will confirm that you have a place on the course.

Places are capped at 12 per day to ensure that classes are small, that way individual attention is possible.

Thank you
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • SandyHood
    Joanne
    I will take courses run by AAT in London as follows:

Sat 15 May London PEV book with AAT
    Sun 16 May London PCR book with AAT

Sat 22 May London ECR book with AAT
    Sun 23 May London MAC book with AAT

the 29 and 30 weekend will be used if any of the other dates are over subscribed
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Contrary to a recent thread, we all know that Sandy Hood is a much loved forum legend.

All who agree say "Aye" below!

Aye!!!

Wish I could go to some revision courses for PEV/PCR, but due for hip replacement in April/May so it's not going to be possible! It'll all have to happen with study text and internet this year!

Hey ho!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • A-Vic
    Hi Sandy just wanted to check you received my email

Thanks

Vic
  • SandyHood
    Thanks Vic
    I did and have received your reply to my response.

The 1st May MAC course still has some places available
    Anyone else interested, please email me as places are limited.

Thank you
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy