Kaplan cost of Technician

MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Just wondered what is the current cost of studying Technician level at Kaplan. I saw £2,000 which I couldn't quite believe as this is excessive in my opinion.

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• gemmalou1988
    gemmalou1988 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    I started aat techinican with Kaplan in September and it cost over £1500 to study at college which i thought was too much, so i paid £700 to study at home then still got to pay for exams and membership.

Hope that helps
  • Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    I paid £1,500 as well plus membership and exams on my intermediate level on day release, I wasn't have a great time at all. We have five or six students in few of the courses and I'm the only one doesn't work in the accounts, all the pressure on me to get the work done, I mean to reach the level of others it seems too easy to them, well I'm not surprise.

I felt alienated and very stress tutor isn't supportive. I give up and I'm doing distance learning I felt I'm ahead of the time.
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi,

I've done Intermediate and am currently doing technician, home study with Eagle Education.
    Technician level cost me £679 plus exam fees.
    That includes all the books and extra study guides that Eagle publish. I have had two different tutors but each have been fantastic. My queries are always answered quickly and coursework marked with feedback promptly.

Might be worth you looking at them instead of Kaplan.

Hope that helps

Ampsie
  • Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    I think it is worth shopping around!
  • Lilyflower
    Lilyflower Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
    mmmm, yeah i am studying with Kaplan this year for level 4 as I have done through Foundation and Intermediate. As work pays my way, I am just thanking my stars to be so lucky

Costs are as follows and cover all tuition, all course material (study book and pocket notes) and revision days.

Over 25yrs - £2095
    Under 25 - £500 employer contribution (through governement assistance scheme)

It also does not matter which options you wish to take, which is good value for money if taking both tax exams I think as the costs for those courses are more expensive individually.

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    £2k.

Not including exam or registration fees.
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    mmmm, yeah i am studying with Kaplan this year for level 4 as I have done through Foundation and Intermediate. As work pays my way, I am just thanking my stars to be so lucky

Costs are as follows and cover all tuition, all course material (study book and pocket notes) and revision days.

Over 25yrs - £2095
    Under 25 - £500 employer contribution (through governement assistance scheme)

It also does not matter which options you wish to take, which is good value for money if taking both tax exams I think as the costs for those courses are more expensive individually.

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thats not quite how mine worked out. Technician came to around 2k but it was partially funded through train to gain (im 20). It ended up being around £1350 with Kaplan on day release
  • Lilyflower
    Lilyflower Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
    Ah yes, forgot about train to gain! 3 funding options available then...

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • DaveIOW
    DaveIOW Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have just bought the books, 2nd hand from amazon etc if possible which I guess is around £40.00 per exam for a study text & a book of questions / mock exams, I write my own revision cards then just pay exam fees.

Anything I dont understand I look on here, someone has usually asked the question previously or use google, no real need for tutors.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    BPP charge £525 for the core units and £160 for each of the optional units. you have to pay your own AAT registration fees and for each exam, but will still work out much cheaper than Kaplan.
Privacy Policy