MAC Past papers!

Lyn32
Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone,

I hope that someone could help me to clear my confusion about this question above unit on June08 Task1.1 (a) a budget for the volume of enquiries and reviews, showing the total number of enquiries budgeted to be undertaken in the month and the number of reviews required.

Actually my answer is not match to the suggested answer because the closing enquiries is less, normally my understanding so far about closing is adding and the opening is less. Please help why closing enquiries is less?

Any idea will be appreciated!

Many thank's in advance!

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Before anyone spells out the answer, try to think about an office. The enquiries come in (probably by post) and go into an in-tray then they processed.
    When I did my answer , I drew a diagram to help.

Get back if you need more help, but I strongly believe in figuring it out if that can be done as it tends to stick better.

Don't get hung up on production examples. Here we are processing enquiries. They arrive, are held in a storage facility (in the same unprocessed form delivered to us) and are then processed (and 10% of those processed are reviewed)
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Sandy,

Thank you so much your respond it does make sense.
  • embica
    embica Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Hi - I was wondering if you could help me.

I'm taking MAC in June - and I'm currently going over past papers and revising like crazy - but when asked, my tutor is very vague/doesn't know what is going to come up on the paper... she won't even hint or suggest what we need to revise?

Do you have a list of everything you could recommend because at the moment I'm sinking in everything - especially with a tax exam to get through too!

Thanks
    Emma
  • SandyHood
    Sorry I'm not any help as far as tax is concerned.
    My next MAC revision class is Sun 23 May in London. My focus will be the 4 key areas:
    Planning budgets
    Control Budgets
    Variance Analysis
    Ratio Analysis/ What if scenarios

I ran a similar session near Derby where some Norfolk students attended. I felt it went well.
    There have been students from Norfolk at the London revision days in the past.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    embica wrote: »
    ........... my tutor is very vague/doesn't know what is going to come up on the paper... she won't even hint or suggest what we need to revise?

Emma

Try PQ Magazine! on page 18

you can download the whole magazine if you like

click here

click here for TAX and MAC

• *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    sdv wrote: »

click here

Thanks for them links, I have now signed up to receive free issues of the magazine. Should come in handy.
  • embica
    SandyHood wrote: »
    Sorry I'm not any help as far as tax is concerned.
    My next MAC revision class is Sun 23 May in London. My focus will be the 4 key areas:
    Planning budgets
    Control Budgets
    Variance Analysis
    Ratio Analysis/ What if scenarios

I ran a similar session near Derby where some Norfolk students attended. I felt it went well.
    There have been students from Norfolk at the London revision days in the past.

Hi Sandy - thank you for this - I'm very interested - can you give me more information - time and price etc?
    I'd do pretty much anything to get through MAC exam! Thanks again
  • embica
    sdv wrote: »

click here

Thanks for this as well - I don't seem to have the May version! ARRRGGGHHH!!
  • SandyHood
    Please contact graeme.johnston@aat.org.uk
    He will tell you the price and whether he has any spaces left

I will delete this post tomorrow, to save Graeme from spam email.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy