Pens and tippex

jilt
jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
How have people been getting on not being able to use rub out pens and tippex?

I was pleasantly surprised, a did have to cross some things out but my paper didn't look half as bad as I thought it would. Well apart from having to cross through nearly a third of a page of a report cos I'd realised I'd done it wrong :lol:
Β«1

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    It didn't look too bad, except I did have one question where I didn't read the question properly and started to put in headings for each element whilst I thought about my answers, then realised that I needed more space between each heading, so had to cross out the headings and write around them!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • babsa
    babsa Registered Posts: 118 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I made a mistake on the first page in a tidy box. I tried to write it at the side and realised that was wrong also in the end I asked for another paper. :-)
  • sammyd22
    sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I used tipex in my cima exams last month! I hope thats ok?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    a lot of people in our exams used pencils and rubbed out but dont know how they found the time i just used pen all the way through a few crossing outs but leadgable.

One girl said she used tipex today and a few others have used rub out pens ????
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    a lot of people in our exams used pencils and rubbed out but dont know how they found the time i just used pen all the way through a few crossing outs but leadgable.

OMG someone yesterday used a pencil and then rubbed it out and it was the most annoying sound
  • anniem

At our centre they reminded everyone! I suppose people who don't use the forum, or go to classes, or read the AAT printout won't necessarily realise.

I wonder what their tolerance is and what would happen if it went to appeal?
  • A-Vic
    and as ever we had a cougher did start off feeling bad at first as she did have to get up a few times and leave the room but then after a while got louder at one point the girl was told to leave the room.

Will be interested to see the outcome of the people who used tippex and rub out pens tho after all the fuss over it
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    She was told to leave the room for the coughing? Did she get extra time for it later or was she moved to another room?

Just curious, as I can't imagine that they can just interrupt your exam for coughing (it's not something you do on purpose, no matter how annoying for the rest)?
  • A-Vic
    like i said this was really really loud it was like she was shouting it got that loud, not sure what happened to her but i think it was fair to others she got moved
  • Rinske
    Ah yes, I can understand that she got moved, was just wondering if she was removed or just moved...

Hope it didn't interrupt you too much!
  • anniem
    like i said this was really really loud it was like she was shouting it got that loud, not sure what happened to her but i think it was fair to others she got moved

I think they had no choice but to move her, everybody else would have good reason to complain if they fail their exams otherwise. Being unable to concentrate because of someone elses noise (no mater how caused) is really annoying.
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Our main invigilator guy told us if we used tippex our exam paper wouldn't be marked!
  • Sparkly
    Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    One of the people in our exam checked with the invigilator, who confirmed (as written on the front of the paper) that tippex was not to be used. But then the person say next to me was using their tippex mouse like there was no tomorrow!!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    anniem wrote: Β»
    I think they had no choice but to move her, everybody else would have good reason to complain if they fail their exams otherwise. Being unable to concentrate because of someone elses noise (no mater how caused) is really annoying.

Its the Calculator Bangers that do my head in. I always seem to be sat next to one! It takes me all my time not to pick up their calculator and throw it out the window! There is no need to bang on them like some people do!...So any Calculator Bangers where I sit my Exams tomorrow and Friday better watch out!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    Its the Calculator Bangers that do my head in. I always seem to be sat next to one! It takes me all my time not to pick up their calculator and throw it out the window! There is no need to bang on them like some people do!...So any Calculator Bangers where I sit my Exams tomorrow and Friday better watch out!

i think the banging of my calculator keeps the invigilator awake, there is only ever me and the invigilator in the room, and the snoring last year did my head in, so i kept on banging the calc louder till she woke up. was really funny NOT!!
  • Rinske
    Lovely idea of the invigilator disturbing you by snoring!

Maybe next time you should bring an extra calculator to throw at her head once she starts snoring?
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Rinske wrote: Β»
    Lovely idea of the invigilator disturbing you by snoring!

Maybe next time you should bring an extra calculator to throw at her head once she starts snoring?

it was strange as everytime i needed a drink of water, i did it really quiet so as not to disturb her - like i was in the wrong for waking her up.

fingers crossed she sleeps tonight, as i know i wont be and if i hear here snoring i might join her lol

Tracy
  • jewels.p
    taskey wrote: Β»
    i think the banging of my calculator keeps the invigilator awake, there is only ever me and the invigilator in the room, and the snoring last year did my head in, so i kept on banging the calc louder till she woke up. was really funny NOT!!

OMG that has made me laugh on a stressful day! I think I would definitely be cracking up at that too.
  • emma123
    emma123 Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    just out of curiousity, anyone doing an exam in the london school of accountancy and management?
  • Lou1234
    I sit my exams at London SAM.
  • jewels.p
    emma123 wrote: Β»
    just out of curiousity, anyone doing an exam in the london school of accountancy and management?

That sounds really posh!
  • Lou1234
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    That sounds really posh!

It really isn't posh! The college take up some floors of a building that is about 10 floors high in the City! It is quite cool walking past the gherkin building to get there but it quite noisy in the exam room!
  • emma123
    i typed directions on how to get to the place on google and it says it's on the third floor. yet my exam details says fourth floor. so i assume i go by my exam details?
  • Lou1234
    Hi Emma,

Not sure if you are sitting an exam this morning in which case I'll be too late but the exams are on the 4th floor. There is usually a board up in reception and there are always plenty of people around to ask.
  • emma123
    Lou1234 wrote: Β»
    Hi Emma,

Not sure if you are sitting an exam this morning in which case I'll be too late but the exams are on the 4th floor. There is usually a board up in reception and there are always plenty of people around to ask.

That's great cheers lou. I wish it was this morning then it would be over sooner! The waiting's the worst
  • jaki670
    jaki670 Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    i also used a tippex mouse didn't read the front of the paper. does this mean it won't get marked, have they just introduced this policy
  • A-Vic
    Ouch jakie you may want to ring the AAT to confirm this
  • jaki670
    i have been revising all the past papers & i doesn't say not to use it on them.
  • jaki670
    OMG i used tippex
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Use of correction fluid and pencils in assessments
    With immediate effect, students will no longer be allowed to use correction fluid in AAT assessments. This
    includes exams, AAT simulations, and centre-devised simulations.
    Students must also complete all answers, including workings, in permanent pen rather than pencil or erasable
    pen. If students run out of space in their answer booklet, they can request additional paper from the invigilator.
    When additional paper is used, all workings must be clearly referenced with a question number and attached to
    the original simulation or exam. Both documents must be stored together, and tutors and invigilators must
    ensure that no workings out or notes are taken away from the assessment sitting.
    This guidance will be reflected in all instructions to candidates and assessors in future exams and simulations.
    These measures are being introduced to ensure that all students’ answers and workings can be clearly seen
    and easily audited. This will ensure students receive credit where it is due for their answers and it will cut down
    the risk of malpractice, helping to maintain the integrity of assessments.
    If you have any further queries, or would like to discuss this in more detail, please contact Rahima Hoque at
    rahima.hoque@aat.org.uk or on +44 (0)20 7397 3123.
Privacy Policy