Re PCR Querries

Terdoo
Terdoo Registered Posts: 144 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Has anyone appeal about PCR June 2010 exam being hard? I got an automated reply saying that they cannot give individual reply, has any one got the same?

Comments

• sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I really would not worry about PCR exams being hard.

If you read the PCR exam thread, almost everybody is of the same opinion as you.

If you look at the [thread=27537]PCR Exam expectation survey[/thread] it shows that only 24% expect to pass (25 voters) and 76% expect to re-take the exams. This confirms yours and majority of the student's opinion.

BUT! this is good news. [thread=20431]PCR Dec 2008 [/thread] sitting had a very similar response/ experience.

When the results were published in Feb 2009, worldwide student's success rate was 67.5% . (for UK add 5% = 72.5%)

These % are not the required passing marks but they are the percentage of the total numbers of students who took those exams in December sitting.

Therefore irrespective of the passing marks, AAT are likely to pass 72.3% (average of last 10 sittings) of the number of students who sat the exams. (or there about)

The question the AAT students should ask them selves is "where do I stand in my class?"

If the answer is not in the bottom 30% then the probability is that you have passed your PCR exams. (Assuming of course that your college/service provider's exams results are in line with AAT)

Going back to the survey a lot of students will get a good surprise on 16th / 18th August.

please do not lose your sleep over this. I am pretty sure, that if you have put in work and effort in this subject before the exams, you will be rewarded for it.
  • Terdoo
    Terdoo Registered Posts: 144 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Re Pcr

Thanks for the tip SDV
  • Shell1983
    Shell1983 Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor โญ
    I had an e-mail the other day from AAT asking for feedback for the 2010 exams i was going to put on the form how difficult the PCR exam seemed compared to past years. But like SDV said from what other AAT students have mentioned on the forums i think the majority found that particular exam very difficult.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    That's what the feedback questionnaires are for. So you give feedback on how you found the exam. A lot of people will be filling it in hopefully, but I would suggest filling it in anyways.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I always fill them in. I found DFS to be a fair exam but PTC a nightmare. I had done past papers and found them all straightforward but this paper was not straight forward at all. To be honest I dont think exams are a good way to prove you are competent or not as some are a lot easier than other years for the same paper and I think this is unfair.
  • Shell1983
    Shell1983 Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor โญ
    I always fill them in. I found DFS to be a fair exam but PTC a nightmare. I had done past papers and found them all straightforward but this paper was not straight forward at all. To be honest I dont think exams are a good way to prove you are competent or not as some are a lot easier than other years for the same paper and I think this is unfair.
    I completely agree jewels.p, when revising for PCR this June I had no problems with the past papers, however then when i went to sit my exam, the paper this year was awful and in a completely different layout from previous years. I have fed this back to AAT through the feedback form.
Privacy Policy