Aat 2 acca

tigger37
tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
If you were pretty sure you would fail an exam (in my case, section 1 of PCR), would u still go ahead and enroll for ACCA and release your exam results? I worry about paying the money for ACCA and then failing my AAT exam. Would I be out of pocket then since I wouldn't be able to start the ACCA course schedule at my centre (Kaplan) as they don't do the knowledge group.

Comments

• nabutt
    nabutt Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    If this June u sit ur final exams then yes u can register wid acca n carry on wid it I think u won't get all exemptions if u fail I was having same feelings I emailed acca n they told me I can carry on even if I fail
    Hope it helps
  • Shell1983
    Shell1983 Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
    tigger37 wrote: »
    If you were pretty sure you would fail an exam (in my case, section 1 of PCR), would u still go ahead and enroll for ACCA and release your exam results? I worry about paying the money for ACCA and then failing my AAT exam. Would I be out of pocket then since I wouldn't be able to start the ACCA course schedule at my centre (Kaplan) as they don't do the knowledge group.
    Hi Tigger37, I am in the same boat I have just sat my final exam in Technician which was PCR as well and am certain i have failed. I was going to wait until my results have been published by AAT as would like to try and get all the exemptions from ACCA. Only thing this will do is delay me starting ACCA until next year. But from personal preference i would rather know that I'm AAT qualified before starting another qualification
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Probably better to wait until you successfully complete AAT before moving on.

ACCA is a difficult course so you really don't want to be distracted with AAT worries.

My advice is secure your AAT qualification, have a short break, and then look at ACCA.

These courses are marathons and not sprints.

Mark
  • Nikolia
    Nikolia Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Did anyone find out what happens in case you register with ACCA and allow AAT to send your results to ACCA but on the 16th August one of the final AAT exams will turn out to be failed? Does ACCA allow to sit their Dec exams and will accept the F1-3 exemptions later on (in Feb 2011)? Or do you just loose the exemptions?
  • Priya-p
    Priya-p Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    That is what I want to know aswell...
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    You won't get exemptions without full technician, you can sit ACCA exams but you would need to pay (and just not sit) the 3 fundamental papers. Basically you will pay for 4 exams but just sit one of them.

However this query comes up every year, you won't fail your exams and this knowledge won't be necessary.
  • msami4
    msami4 Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    You won't get exemptions without full technician, you can sit ACCA exams but you would need to pay (and just not sit) the 3 fundamental papers. Basically you will pay for 4 exams but just sit one of them.

However this query comes up every year, you won't fail your exams and this knowledge won't be necessary.

Nopes.You don't have to pay for 4 exams, just tick F1,F2 and F3 as computer based exams when you are entering into ACCA exams.This will unlock the 4th option of choosing exams between F4-F9.As CBE's fees is payed to the exam center's directly so it won't be charged to you immediately.In this way you will be able to attempt 1 paper between F4-F9.But it's better to get done with AAT first and then start ACCA.You need to be pretty patient when it comes to ACCA trust me :)
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Oh ok, cbe's weren't available when I started mine but I certainly agree that it is better to finish AAT first
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    mark057 wrote: »
    Probably better to wait until you successfully complete AAT before moving on.

ACCA is a difficult course so you really don't want to be distracted with AAT worries.

My advice is secure your AAT qualification, have a short break, and then look at ACCA.

These courses are marathons and not sprints.

Mark

Wise words.

Accountancy courses are definitely not something to rush.
  • msami4
    msami4 Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    PGM wrote: »
    Wise words.

Accountancy courses are definitely not something to rush.

Bang on target.One should take his/her own time.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    What i found tho (with my college anyway) is you where practically force fed to go on for ACCA and i was getting really stressed at the thought that i wouldnt be able to move on to ACCA this next sitting but now feel like has been said you cant rush and have decided to take a small break after all i have been studying continuosly for the last several years.
  • Nikolia
    Nikolia Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    I received a reply from ACCA. It is fine to register with them now and even if you fail the June AAT exam and have to resit it in Dec, the exemptions will not be lost, they can still be claimed at a later stage once AAT is completed successfully.
  • nabutt
    nabutt Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    i got a reply from ACCA they said that i can claim exemp anytime but i cannt proceed to skill module unless i comp the knowledge one ..... so if i fail wt i am suppose to do wait till dec to resit and start acca in march ????
Privacy Policy