Training Provider for Unit 10

Miss Dazy
Miss Dazy Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor ⭐
Can anyone recommend a good training provider for doing Unit 10 through distance learning?

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i used bpp and they were 2nd to none, they were fantastic and helped me through the whole thing.

tracy
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Tracy

I've paid BPP a couple of months ago and have since requested the simulation and completed their proposal form but I haven't heard anything back about being allocated a tutor. Do they allocate a tutor once you've completed the proposal form? I could really do with a bit of guidence from BPP and want to get it completed asap.

Thanks

Claire
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    my tutor was emma axon and she was fantastic. as she dealt with my unti 21 and 22, i contacted her directly to become my tutor. keep phoning bpp and ask if she can be allocated as your tutor
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I still have unit 10 to complete - can anyone let me know how much it will cost. I never got around to doing it at college due to personal circumstances, and am just trying to weigh up my options!! : )
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    I would not recommend Kaplan for Unit 10 based on my experience, text book is not great, they don't have a proper project report example with criteria mapping, no deadlines/timetable given, tutors don't check drafts and they take ages to mark your project planning form.
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Londina wrote: »
    I would not recommend Kaplan for Unit 10 based on my experience, text book is not great, they don't have a proper project report example with criteria mapping, no deadlines/timetable given, tutors don't check drafts and they take ages to mark your project planning form.
    I did Kaplan for my Unit 10 and they had the person assessing the project go through everything with us. She was great as she always got back to me as soon as I emailed her a draft copy.
  • Claire321
    lewpylew wrote: »
    I still have unit 10 to complete - can anyone let me know how much it will cost. I never got around to doing it at college due to personal circumstances, and am just trying to weigh up my options!! : )

I have recently paid for Unit 10 through BPP and it cost £300.
  • Londina
    tigger37 wrote: »
    I did Kaplan for my Unit 10 and they had the person assessing the project go through everything with us. She was great as she always got back to me as soon as I emailed her a draft copy.

how long ago was that? because now they don't check drafts, they require the whole submission, risking that you wrote everything and then realise that it was wrong... :-/
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Claire321 wrote: »
    I have recently paid for Unit 10 through BPP and it cost £300.

That is a bit steep is it not. That is more than half what I paid for the whole Diploma Level with Premier Training!
  • Claire321
    jewels.p wrote: »
    That is a bit steep is it not. That is more than half what I paid for the whole Diploma Level with Premier Training!

It is especially as they don't answer my emails asking for them to allocate a tutor, so I can actually submit my draft and when I phone they say I have to email my request!

Wish I had looked into other providers now! £300 does feel a lot to mark one piece of work, as I'm not getting any support at all!
  • tigger37
    how long ago was that? because now they don't check drafts, they require the whole submission, risking that you wrote everything and then realise that it was wrong... :-/
    I only got it completed with my final interview 2 weeks ago.
  • Londina
    I only got it completed with my final interview 2 weeks ago.

How is it possible? why with me it's different, saying that they don't check drafts anymore? are you going to college or distance learning?
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    How is it possible? why with me it's different, saying that they don't check drafts anymore? are you going to college or distance learning?

Im distance learning and they wouldnt check drafts for me either when I did it. Just sent a couple of forms to fill in and I was left to my own devices. I used to think Kaplan were good until I did unit 10 and then I lost faith in them.
  • Londina
    jow774 wrote: »
    Im distance learning and they wouldnt check drafts for me either when I did it. Just sent a couple of forms to fill in and I was left to my own devices. I used to think Kaplan were good until I did unit 10 and then I lost faith in them.

oh Jow, exactly what I think!! When it comes to Unit 10 they are not good, I'm finding the book not helpful at all, lots of theory and not a single proper report example. I saw the BBP one and it's excellent, I'm now doing my project with the help of their example.
  • tigger37
    I did it with Kaplan in cambridge. I tried distance learning with BPP and had no luck with getting answers from any of them. Going to Kaplan was the best move I could have taken.
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I did Foundation with College then went on to distance learning with Kaplan. They are dreadful! I've almost completed Intermediate now (waiting for them to mark my Unit 7 sim). I've had to chase them for my results, then the NVQ paperwork I require for my folder after. I've got their course for Technician and I'm dreading Unit 10 with them as they don't appear to want to know me after they got their money. Hounding them seems the only way. I've a contact in the administration office who is probably sick to death of me, but she does her best, the tutors though, seem to take their sweet time on everything. When I got my practice Unit 7 back, they just marked it right or wrong, no explanation just the "model answer" booklet. In the end myself & boss went through it because it's more of a chore to get hold of them.

~Mouse
  • Miss Dazy
    BPP price at around £300 seems rather excessive, premier training are probably the cheapest but have found them to be exrtemely poor service providers and as long as they have your money don't care.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I do think Premier Training is making the effort. I've so far hardly heard anyone complain about them and I did have some comments on them, but still have the feeling it is depending on the tutor.

Kay who does the projects is great, she really helps you through it and doesn't mind taking a long time on explaining things, but my tutor for all other units, well, he was really nice and friendly, but I hardly ever got a clear answer to the questions I asked, whether I emailed or called.
    I won't say he isn't a good tutor, but I can't say I would recommend him to others either and I am very happy my line manager didn't mind explaining me stuff when I didn't get it.

So would I study with them again? Not likely, but I won't say they are crap either.

I did level 3 via the online learning at Eastleigh college and my tutor there was just great. The only reason I swapped over was the price.
  • Miss Dazy
    Perhaps my post was a little too blunt, i feel much the same way as the post above, on price they are hard to beat. However, you really struggle to get a straight answer from the tutor and the few times i have had to call.

Not sure what i expected from distance learning really, but to pay £500-£600 (not including) exam fees and just to be sent a pile of books with very little supplementary documents doesn't seem like a good deal.
  • tigger37
    Sometimes I think that if you do distance learning, no matter which provided you do it with, you will end up chasing them for results and answers to queries. I had that problem with BPP where it took them over 6 months to mark and return my work experience for Unit 2 when I was doing Foundation. However, once I switched to Kaplan and attended classes, it was fantastic service from the tutors. Due to my bad experience with distance learning, I don't think I could ever go back down that route again.
  • Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    oh Jow, exactly what I think!! When it comes to Unit 10 they are not good, I'm finding the book not helpful at all, lots of theory and not a single proper report example. I saw the BBP one and it's excellent, I'm now doing my project with the help of their example.

I can proved it to myself Kaplandistancelearning textbook is no good and if you asked help it takes three days to get back to you, they can't make any money from me when i enroll my ACCA.
  • Londina
    I did it with Kaplan in cambridge. I tried distance learning with BPP and had no luck with getting answers from any of them. Going to Kaplan was the best move I could have taken.
    However, once I switched to Kaplan and attended classes, it was fantastic service from the tutors. Due to my bad experience with distance learning, I don't think I could ever go back down that route again.

ah I see now Tigger, I was wondering why you didn't have a problem with Kaplan and Unit10....I thought it was odd..it's because you attended classes! Looks like they are terrible with the distance learning students, they say they leave them "study at their own pace"...ie. :"we can take as much time as we want to mark their stuff"
  • tigger37
    ah I see now Tigger, I was wondering why you didn't have a problem with Kaplan and Unit10....I thought it was odd..it's because you attended classes! Looks like they are terrible with the distance learning students, they say they leave them "study at their own pace"...ie. :"we can take as much time as we want to mark their stuff"
    When I was with BPP Distance Learning, it also took them ages to mark anything or answer questions. I just got the brushoff constantly saying they were trying to sort out admin problems, etc...
    It should not have taken them over 6 months though and having to write a letter to the head about it.
Privacy Policy