IPhone4

Shell1983
Shell1983 Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor โญ
After opinions on the new IPhone thats just been realised, what does everyone think? Does it warrant that kind of money? Personally i like the idea of one, but I don't think it justifies that amount of money..
ยซ1

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Love it, i've got a 3GS at the moment...

however, there's 2 problems with the 4, if you hold it at the bottom left you loose all your signal, this is because apple have incorporated the antenna into the metal strip that runs round the phone..

and people have reported as having a slight yellow discolouration to the screen..

Which is a shame as it's a beautiful phone, i'll just wait for the iPhone 5 :)
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I have the original iPhone that came out over 3 years ago - still shiney and still great. I could not have one now. It is my mini office on the move.
    My husand has a 3GS and an iPad (which is really fab).
    We are an Apple family!
  • Shell1983
    the only thing i have from apple currently is the IPOD Touch but i am really tempted by the idea of an iphone, just don't think i can afford one :s
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I've got an iphone 3GS and it's great. I wasn't even that fussed about getting one but there're wern't really any other phones I liked when I renewed by contract. I love it now though and will never go back.

If you're on a contract you can normally get an iphone for a smallish fee, which is a lot cheaper than if you buy one outright.
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    the only thing i have from apple currently is the IPOD Touch but i am really tempted by the idea of an iphone, just don't think i can afford one :s
    I'm in the same boat - especially with my job going bye bye in September. I'm content with my ipod touch at the moment, althought my son cracked the screen!
  • Shell1983
    I'm very tempted by the IPhone as alot of people i know have one on contract, unfortunately i've had bad experiences of being on contract before so prefer PAYG, but this makes them alot more expensive :(
  • AK002
    I'm very tempted by the IPhone as alot of people i know have one on contract, unfortunately i've had bad experiences of being on contract before so prefer PAYG, but this makes them alot more expensive :(

Why not get the 3GS second hand, a lot of people are selling them to fund the new iPhone, i've still got the 3GS and it's improved ten-fold with the new iOS4 software they released.

The only real differences between the 3GS and the 4 is the front facing camera, video calling and a better display.

I'll be sticking with my 3GS till the iPhone 5 is out next June.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'll get one when my contract runs out, next April :(

Will have to make do with iPhone until then.

Too expensive to upgrade before then, iWay robbery......
  • Shell1983
    I'll have a look into that thanks A002 :)
  • Shell1983
    PGM wrote: ยป
    I'll get one when my contract runs out, next April :(

Will have to make do with iPhone until then.

Too expensive to upgrade before then, iWay robbery......
    I know i don't get why they are sooo expensive :s
  • PGM
    I know i don't get why they are sooo expensive :s

I was surprised when I found out the iPad is cheaper than the iPhone 4.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think the Ipod touch is a lovely gadget but unfortunately I hate the way Apple operate in their very anti-consumer way. Microsoft were fined a billion Euro's not so long ago for abusing their market position and competitors and it can't be long before the anti-trust regulators start taking a serious look at Steve Jobs and co.

My phone contract's up next month and I'm looking at the Nokia N900, HTC Desire or HD Touch 2 if anyone has one of those or played with them?
  • Shell1983
    PGM wrote: ยป
    I was surprised when I found out the iPad is cheaper than the iPhone 4.
    I know you would think it would be the otherway round...

Blobbyh - The Nokia N900 is a good phone one of my friend's has this phone and they've done nothing but praise it.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I've got the HTC touch 2 and I absolutely love it. My husband has got the HD and I couldn't get on with that at all and am much happier with mine!
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I had the ted baker needle a while ago which was a version of the HTC touch and I couldn't get on with it at all. I found it really hard to text as the letters/numbers were so small and using the little stylo thingy got on my nerves.

I'll be interested to find out if they have improved as my contract is up in October. Im currently considering either a blackberry, the iphone, or the samsung version of the iphone, cant recall the name at the moment.
  • Bluewednesday
    what i didn't like about the hd was that it didn't use a stylus and didn't work with a finger nail, apparently the touch screen is made differently. That's what made me choose the touch 2. If you want to use the internet a lot then it is much easier on the hd than on the touch 2 due to the screen size but as I rarely surf using the phone then it isn't really a problem!

We all like different things in a phone, I will never not have a smartphone because I find being able to sync with outlook a must. I hate the hd screen but my husband whinges and moans when he uses mine!!
  • kerryhill100
    kerryhill100 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I think the Ipod touch is a lovely gadget but unfortunately I hate the way Apple operate in their very anti-consumer way. Microsoft were fined a billion Euro's not so long ago for abusing their market position and competitors and it can't be long before the anti-trust regulators start taking a serious look at Steve Jobs and co.

My phone contract's up next month and I'm looking at the Nokia N900, HTC Desire or HD Touch 2 if anyone has one of those or played with them?

my contracts up next month to.

I've had an N series nokia everytime I upgraded for the last 5 or so years, every time there has been a fault with them and they freeze.

I looked at the I phone but dont want to pay for it so really thinking of going over to a blackberry.

What do you think??
  • Shell1983
    my contracts up next month to.

I've had an N series nokia everytime I upgraded for the last 5 or so years, every time there has been a fault with them and they freeze.

I looked at the I phone but dont want to pay for it so really thinking of going over to a blackberry.

What do you think??
    I have a blackberry Pearl 8120 at the moment i find it brilliant as you can access e-mails, facebook account etc. The only thing that is leaning me towards the IPhone now is that it has a much larger screen than the blackberry, also there are millions of apps you can get from apple. Blackberry does have apps for the phone but not alot of memory so you have to keep purchasing memory cards :s
  • PGM
    I had a Blackberry and iPhone, now have just the iPhone. As it does all the business stuff and is much better at the fun stuff.

I'd probably pick the Blackberry for business, as I did for the works mobile contract, but not when spending my own money for something I also want as a shiney toy.
  • blobbyh
    Just cracked the touchscreen on my Samsung piece of b0ll0cks but luckily my contract's up next week anyway, so now urgently need to search for a new handset. No more touchscreens though, it's not the way forwards for me, nor would I be too surprised to see these dwindle out in time anyway with people wanting real buttons back. Or maybe it's just that all Samsung handsets are utter shite? Dunno.

So what has everyone got? Are Blackberry's really as good as people say they are? Looking at a Nokia E72, similar to a BB but half the price, a nice metal body and free Nokia sat-nav.
  • PGM
    I've not used the Samsung touchscreen. I've used two HTC and found them very difficult, nearly went back to a phone with buttons, but glad I went with the iPhone.

I really don't see the point in Blackberry unless you're buying them for business use.
  • blobbyh
    Cheers PGM. I agree that Blackberry's look too business like however I do want a real button phone again with a decent size screen and reasonable battery life. That only really leaves the Blackberrys and the E72 with as I said, the latter half the price of the former and carrying Nokia's rock solid reliability.

Was looking at the HTC Desire but again, it's a touchscreen even if it does look very nice and probably has better build quality than Samsungs (and who doesn't?).
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    As Lorraine Kelly says "Buy Cheap - Buy Twice"

I bought a Samsung colour printer once. It was terrible. Rang the Samsung support centre for help and she said : what do you expect from a cheap printer!

Everyone copies the iPhone - but they can't do it as good!
  • AK002
    As Lorraine Kelly says "Buy Cheap - Buy Twice"

I bought a Samsung colour printer once. It was terrible. Rang the Samsung support centre for help and she said : what do you expect from a cheap printer!

Everyone copies the iPhone - but they can't do it as good!

Agree with the last bit, when i was looking at phones i looked at vaious ones all touch screens and i just found myself always comparing it to the iPhone and none were as good so i lubed up and ordered and iPhone lol.
  • Bluewednesday
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    so i lubed up and ordered and iPhone lol.

is this a scottish saying? What's lubed up? I hope it isn't what I think it is......
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm wondering just what exactly AK is intending to do with that phone :scared:
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    The question is, do we really want to know?
  • PGM
    Cheers PGM. I agree that Blackberry's look too business like however I do want a real button phone again with a decent size screen and reasonable battery life. That only really leaves the Blackberrys and the E72 with as I said, the latter half the price of the former and carrying Nokia's rock solid reliability.

Was looking at the HTC Desire but again, it's a touchscreen even if it does look very nice and probably has better build quality than Samsungs (and who doesn't?).

Must admit I do miss buttons. Upside is the big screen you get in exchange which is really good for web browsing, looking at photo's etc.
  • blobbyh
    Downside of having a big screen though is shocking battery life not seen since the 90's! Gimme back my buttons, a sub three inch screen that won't get scratched by fingernails or a stylus and more than a single days worth of charge even when using the damn thing!

I get my phones off the net though where cashback deals (providing you keep the bills and remember to send them off in time to claim!) save half the cost of getting your handset from the high street.

http://www.mobiles4everyone.com/phones.asp?date=800
  • AK002
    is this a scottish saying? What's lubed up? I hope it isn't what I think it is......

It is indeed what you think it is... it's in relation to the price of the phone lol!
    CJC wrote: ยป
    I'm wondering just what exactly AK is intending to do with that phone :scared:
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    The question is, do we really want to know?

Hahaha!
Privacy Policy