IAS standard

meibaker
meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
hi, does anyone know what are the IAS standard are in the exams?
Can't seem to find it in the website! Thanks

Comments

• Andy Blyth
    Andy Blyth Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what your question is trying to ask, but if you are asking what IAS standards are, they are International Accounting Standards. The exams are based around international standards rather than UK standards because international standards are gradually being phased in and UK standards phased out.

I hope that answers your question?

Regards

Andy
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think you are looking for the standards for unit 11 (DFS)?

You can find them on the website. I attached it as a zip here, but this is the February 2009 version and I don't know if there is a newer version available by now, so you might want to double check if there are any changes.
  • meibaker
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    I think you are looking for the standards for unit 11 (DFS)?

You can find them on the website. I attached it as a zip here, but this is the February 2009 version and I don't know if there is a newer version available by now, so you might want to double check if there are any changes.

hey rinske:
    i can't open the link! ;-(
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Can you not download the file? No clue what went wrong there then.

The actual file is too big to attach it without zipping it, hence I zipped it.

In that case, try logging onto the AAT website and do a search on unit 11 standards or something like that, it came up on the first page of downloadable files for me.

I think if you went to the study zone for unit 11 it would also be showing at the bottom somewhere.

Or just PM me your email address and I can email it to you!
  • meibaker
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Can you not download the file? No clue what went wrong there then.

The actual file is too big to attach it without zipping it, hence I zipped it.

In that case, try logging onto the AAT website and do a search on unit 11 standards or something like that, it came up on the first page of downloadable files for me.

I think if you went to the study zone for unit 11 it would also be showing at the bottom somewhere.

Or just PM me your email address and I can email it to you!

hello rinske:
    i've find it!
    many thanks!
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi Meibaker,

Could I make the point to try not and spend a disproportionate amount of time getting bogged down in the IFRS/IAS to the detriment of other areas of the paper. You may only be asked a couple of questions about IFRS/IAS in their entirety and students who I have taught over the years often come to class with the misconception that they are expected to know every examinable IFRS/IAS inside out and back to front. Yes, you will need a basic understanding of the examinable ones but you aren't expected to be able to recite the content of the standards word-for-word.

Some students (particularly distance learners) tend to sit and study standards for the sake of it and thus waste time. Remember, if you can do a statement of cash flows then why trawl through pages and pages of IAS 7? Similarly, if you know the rules about consolidated financial statements and can apply them to an exam standard question, there is no need to waste time sifting through IAS 27!

Regards
    Steve
  • meibaker
    Thanks Steve! so you don't need to remember all the content?!
    thanks god for that as I find extremely difficult to do so!
    :-)
Privacy Policy