Cost of Materials Budget

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I am trying to do a question and it asks you to calculate the Materials Purchase Budget and then also the Cost of Materials Budget. I have calculated the Materials Purchase Budget do I just multiply it by the cost per kg to get the Cost of Materials Budget or do I have to do more than that? :confused:

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    If I remember correct that's about it. But I am not 100% sure on it and am at work at the moment, so I can't look it up to check either.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I hate this subject so could be completly wrong, but do you need to watch for stock? As you wouldn't need to buy that.
  • jewels.p
    Do you think there is anybody who liked this subject? Aaaagh it just gets worse :mad:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Look out for opening and closing stocks and if any wastage incurred, also say for instance you are given kgs and grammes i.e

cost of materials is £2 per kilo and you use50 grammes of material per unit you have to convert

so you 50/1000 = 0.05 x 2 = 10 pence per unit then times it by the amount of units

so say production is 5000 units the materials used is 0.05 x 5000 = 250 kgs and the cost would be 0.10 x 5000 = £500

(double check 250kgs used x £2 per kg = £500)

Sorry woffled a bit there
  • A-Vic
    jewels.p wrote: »
    Do you think there is anybody who liked this subject? Aaaagh it just gets worse :mad:

i loved budgets just everything else that hurts my head lol
  • jewels.p
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Look out for opening and closing stocks and if any wastage incurred, also say for instance you are given kgs and grammes i.e

cost of materials is £2 per kilo and you use50 grammes of material per unit you have to convert

so you 50/1000 = 0.05 x 2 = 10 pence per unit then times it by the amount of units

so say production is 5000 units the materials used is 0.05 x 5000 = 250 kgs and the cost would be 0.10 x 5000 = £500

(double check 250kgs used x £2 per kg = £500)

Sorry woffled a bit there

Bloomin heck Vic now you have made it even worse! The price is in kg and I used kgs that's enough for now. Don't confuse me even further by having to convert gm to kg! lol

You're more advanced on this than me remember! lol
  • A-Vic
    its just there is 1000 grammes to a kilo.

But i will now go hide in a dark corner somewhere :(
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Do you think there is anybody who liked this subject?

No.

Good luck! :)
  • jewels.p
    its just there is 1000 grammes to a kilo.

But i will now go hide in a dark corner somewhere :(

That is one thing I do know that there is 1000g in a kg I aint being funny but is there really people that dont know that?

If I get that wrong in an exam it will only be because I never read the question properly not because I didnt know that. Was there a big issue on here about that before something rings a bell?
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Yep there was a big discussion on it as it was in an exam and people were complaining they didn't know there were 1000g in a kg.

Think the discussion was mentioned again in Chat a few months ago and someone posted a link to the original thread.
  • Rinske

But if you are talking about the materials purchasing budget, you already calculated all the stock and wastage calculations in your materials usage budget?

Hence I thought it was just a simple yes.
  • AK002

Yeah, try F5 lol!!
  • A-Vic
    That is one thing I do know that there is 1000g in a kg I aint being funny but is there really people that dont know that?

If I get that wrong in an exam it will only be because I never read the question properly not because I didnt know that. Was there a big issue on here about that before something rings a bell?

i wasnt been smart about that i just struggle explaning what i mean so i broke it down, if it was taken the wrong way i apologise
  • jewels.p
    I didnt think you were being smart you silly sausage I thought it was quite funny actually! :laugh:
  • AK002
    Fook me, 1000gs in a KG?

:(
  • A-Vic
    AK002 wrote: »
    Fook me, 1000gs in a KG?

:(

shut it you lol
  • jewels.p
    Hey nobody else has answered my ORIGINAL query on this thread yet!

Why oh why does these threads never stay on topic............................ah I remember Vic's here! :lol:

This thread is now restarting as F.A.O SANDY!
  • Rinske

Why oh why does these threads never stay on topic............................ah I remember Vic's here! :lol:

O dear, would that help?

I thought A-Vic did answer the original question though.
  • meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    i love this unit! NOT!!!
    anyone one the past exams yet?
    i still haven't finished my workbook! ;-(
  • A-Vic

yes
  • jewels.p
    Rinske wrote: »
    O dear, would that help?

I thought A-Vic did answer the original question though.

Vic gave me the EXTREME answer (and I am grateful to you Vic dont think I amnt! :)

I didnt think I had to do all those workings out as I had already done the Production Budget workings so am still not sure??
  • jewels.p
    meibaker wrote: »
    i love this unit! NOT!!!
    anyone one the past exams yet?
    i still haven't finished my workbook! ;-(

I thought you were on the past papers. I amnt even gonna bother trying them yet as I know I wouldn't get past the first question!
  • meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I thought you were on the past papers. I amnt even gonna bother trying them yet as I know I wouldn't get past the first question!

i finished my dfs workbook, but didn't attempt on the practice exams as i have not have the answers for it, i am on charpter 10 of my MAC workbook, need to finish asap, but i find it very hard to continue.....
Privacy Policy