Email from AAT re Resits

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Just had the email from the AAt re the Resits. What does this mean?

"As you are aware disruptions of this scale to AAT paper exam sittings are unprecedented. So any alternative arrangements we made had to consider the whole exam cycle; and the impact the administration of these arrangements may have on students who did take their exams, as well as students who will benefit from the additional arrangements."

I can tell you now there is no Benefit to me having to resit them the stress this has caused me is unbelievable!

Comments

• vnoo
    vnoo Registered Posts: 19 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    that helps alot!! i need to know when to start panicing again !
  • jewels.p
    Sorry you have picked me up wrong the resits are definitely next week. Are you waiting to hear as that was only a Section at the end that I didnt quite understand?

The email explains the alternatives
  • bemusedstudent
    bemusedstudent Registered Posts: 19 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    thanks so much Jewels for making us aware, as I really never expected them to be done this quickly and after seeing your post I was able to contact the college and find out as, like you i am a distance learner and feel like I'm wading about in the dark ;-)
  • staceylou
    staceylou Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor โญ
    yeah ive just got the email

however its down to training providers now... And mine have said they arnt letting us know while tomorrow....i dont see why...and that it might not be in sheffield it may be in leeds...and i may guess some training providers may not let you do the exams at all...seems a little strange as everyone has paid 50 pounds each...yet it comes down to your training provider...who havent paid a penny....
  • vnoo
    i have received email to but does not confirm when PTC is anyone know please?
    Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    im a distance learner doing paper exams too phoned college and they will call me back, next week is really inconvenient for me as just back from holiday to then take another day off work, oh well might not even happen at my college as sitting as external candidate, tempted to say stuff it and transfer to CBE pathway
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    must be the thursday as it doesnt have any dates in there
    does it have it outlined on the AAT web site under your exams

K
  • staceylou
    yeah ive taken days unpaid for the exams as it is.... and were mega busy trying to get accounts finished ready for tax returns my boss certaintly didnt look happy asking for yet another day off...now im working weekends while trying to revise just to make sure work gets done....
  • vnoo
    just gives old dates on under your exams.
    i have emailed aat now
  • jewels.p
    Better phoning them as they take ages to reply to emails!
  • jewels.p
    My Bosses arent happy either as we are snowed under with work but there is nothing I can do about it. I am a bit narked off as I was meant to be holding a disciplinary meeting on Wednesday afternoon but have had to reschedule that to Tues afternoon as my BTC Exam is Wednesday Afternoon. That is after sitting the MAC exam on Tuesday Morning. Next week is gonna be hell again!
  • staceylou
    luckily i only missed one exam...i sometimes think my boss thinks i have loads of time off...what she doesnt realise is the only actually holidays ive had this year was 5 days for egypt...the rest have been revision and for exams and ive had to take 9 unpaid at that!!!

oh well!!! just means extra shifts at my weekend job to make up the money haha!!
  • jewels.p
    All us resitters are gonna be asleep for Christmas we will be that exhausted after this nightmare!
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    and the impact the administration of these arrangements may have on students who did take their exams, as well as students who will benefit from the additional arrangements."

clearly the "benefit" is for those unprepared students who were able to have more days to study ......very unprofesional of AAT to throw this line as if it was students fault

And the admin of arrangements on students who took the exams??? what is it? that we might need to wait maybe until march to get our results because AAT resources are now dealing with this other issue? again this thrown into us....

VERY UNPROFFESIONAL :(
  • litasangel316
    litasangel316 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I have never been so upset!! after speaking to the AAT this morning and being told id need to be transferred to the new standars to resit or otherwise June i have just had to call back and beg to be transferred back to the NVQ which cant be done until tomorrow.

I then call my study provider for some dates, can they help.....no!! at first they tell me the email i have just recieve from the AAT was a decision made last week and is no longer accurate, then he speaks with colleagues and informs me they will be offering one set of dates. And is it possible for me to be told these dates? No!!!! I will get an email tomorrow or Monday which is no good whatsoever if my exam turns out to be Tuesday!

I cant understand how i would have 'beneffited' from this in anyway!!!

Sorry to winge, i think im done now......just a bit stressed out by this whole thing!!! :(
  • jewels.p
    Marga wrote: ยป
    and the impact the administration of these arrangements may have on students who did take their exams, as well as students who will benefit from the additional arrangements."

clearly the "benefit" is for those unprepared students who were able to have more days to study ......very unprofesional of AAT to throw this line as if it was students fault

And the admin of arrangements on students who took the exams??? what is it? that we might need to wait maybe until march to get our results because AAT resources are now dealing with this other issue? again this thrown into us....

VERY UNPROFFESIONAL :(

I agree. The only extra studying I will have is this weekend but I tell you now I dont think that will make up for all the upset this has caused me. No benefit at all. That bit made me furious!
  • jewels.p
    I have just had the email sent again from the AAT and it now says that PTC is on Thursday pm if that helps anybody?

Doesnt help me as I did that in June
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Jewels i wouldnt worry they sent me the same email too and i passed it last december too :)

Nice one been able to sit the exam before june tho
  • jewels.p
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Jewels i wouldnt worry they sent me the same email too and i passed it last december too :)

Nice one been able to sit the exam before june tho

Hi Vic,

Where have you been not heard you on here for a while? You've been Christmas Shopping havent you cause you are stress free having done your exam? lol

I was just pointing that out cause someone on here was asking when PTC was.
  • jewels.p
    Anybody doin the PTC Exam next Thursday it has been rescheduled for the morning instead of the afternoon!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi Vic,

Where have you been not heard you on here for a while? You've been Christmas Shopping havent you cause you are stress free having done your exam? lol

I was just pointing that out cause someone on here was asking when PTC was.

Running round like a headless chicken lol but nice to know ive been missed
    am i the only one who is still waiting for the college to confirm the resits, such a nightmare dont know whether to revise or not
  • jewels.p
    Have you phoned to day Newbie?
  • litasangel316
    litasangel316 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I only found out today, my study provider told me they wont confirm until monday and i have heard nothing from them despite several promises they will call me back.

In the end i called my college directly, much friendlier and they confirmed i would be sitting exams tuesday and wednesday.....might be best to call them direct
    thanks guys they called me today to confirm, think im relieved such stress, now back to revising, good luck to all
Privacy Policy