Sage Line 50

rach40
rach40 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
Can anyone offer any advice about how to learn how to use Sage Line 50 ? I have noticed alot of jobs want this. Has anyone used a distant learner provider ? any advice appreciated. Does anyone run any courses that could be recommended ?
Thanks

Comments

• Nikdoug
    Nikdoug Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Most colleges offer an evening class for Sage Line 50/ computerised bookkeeping.

I did a certificate in basic bookkeeping at my local college. It would have been approx £75 for 15 weeks 1 evening a week, however i got it for free as i worked there for a little while. It was an IAB (The international association of bookkeepers) qualification.

I meant to include that the certificate was for basic bookkeeping using Sage.
  • LucyN
    LucyN Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Im a Sage Qualified Trainer and I did my experience with Sage at their office in Brent Cross, there were also people on the course that worked for themselves/a company who were there just for the experience of learning how Sage works.

The difference being, I took a exams at the end to get my certificates, but if you wanted just to learn how to use it, I would phone Sage direct and ask about their courses.
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I went to the training centre in Brent Cross as well.

We use Sage at work but were running a really old version. The new version was quite different so work sent us on the course. We just did the first part but it was really useful. They talked you through it and you had tasks to do at the end of each section.

As LucyN says, you can take an exam after the courses to show you have attended the course and passed (if you do the course without the exam you still get a certificate saying you attended).
  • rach40
    rach40 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks for that. Have you any idea how much the course at Brent cross cost ?
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Here is the link:

https://support.sage.co.uk/default.aspx?page=74

I'm not sure what the course costs but can imagine they aren't cheap. Have you had a look to see if any colleges near you run Sage courses?
  • zakira
    zakira Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi I learnt SAGE line 50 on a short course provided by the council in my local area. Your area might have the same type of think. Normally you will find booklets at the library.
  • MARY_O
    MARY_O Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    I learnt my Sage Line 50 as part of my OCR Computerised Accounts, Levels One and Two (that then got me into AAT, but that's another matter....). At work I use Sage Line 50, and have been on a course actually run by Sage. For my own experience, I found that the one at the local college was much better as to how to actually USE the software - the one run by Sage was more to show how clever they were, and didn't really cover how to actually use it! Just my opinion I add!
  • MARY_O
    MARY_O Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Oh yes - our courses run by Sage are included in our service agreement, so didn't cost us a penny, but I imagine they are more expensive than the local college route - part of the course is a nice buffet, which of course costs money. The local college just provided a canteen for our use!
  • LucyN
    LucyN Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    I did a couple of the courses and they cost about £500 per delegate. I think we got a discount as we were a Sage reseller and it was part of a deal with them to be able for us to train other people in the area in their own premises so they didnt have to go to the centre.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    There are some online courses you can use which appear to range from all sorts of prices even as low as £29.99. Type in sage online training in your search bar.

Or alternatively if you know someone who has sage instalede on their computer ask nicely if you can play about in their demodata using the Sage knowledgebase.
Privacy Policy