ACCA training provider

deborahcarpenter
deborahcarpenter Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Can anyone recommend or suggest a good Home learning provider for ACCA? I have been approached by a company called Eagle Education, anyone heard of them?

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Eagle seem to get the most recommendations on here.

Then theres Kaplan and BPP.

Is college out of the question?
  • deborahcarpenter
    yes. The college i am at now doing level 4, dont do any ACCA courses. There is a college about half hour away from me but only evenings but that is not practical as i have children.

I dont mind home learning, i done levels 2 & 3 home learning. The only reason i done level 4 at college day one day a week was because they were 1200 cheaper than my learning provider (HLC)!!!!
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Not sure if Eagle do ACCA though?
  • deborahcarpenter
    yes they do and they are the cheapest i have found, so i might give them a try.
  • tomburns1987
    tomburns1987 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor โญ
    The BPP online learning looks pretty good. I had a quick look last night. You get placed into a cohort of students with a tutor and you get weekly material and questions with a quiz at the end. Your scores are posted in some kind of portal in your cohort so you can compare your progress with your classmates. You get access to 'virtual lectures' as well which look pretty good. Check out their website.
  • Rasa
    Rasa Registered Posts: 22 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi,

I have done ACCA F6 and F7 with BPP online. Really good and helpful. Loads of material to study from, and Questions to practise and tests. I will go with them again for F5.
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Rasa wrote: ยป
    Hi,

I have done ACCA F6 and F7 with BPP online. Really good and helpful. Loads of material to study from, and Questions to practise and tests. I will go with them again for F5.

I've used BPP Online for F6 - F9, and found them to be really good too. They didn't offer this when I studied F4 & F5, so had to use just textbooks, which was hard going in comparison.
  • tomburns1987
    tomburns1987 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor โญ
    So you guys would recommend BPP online then?
  • deborahcarpenter
    Think i might gpo with Eagle as my finances are really tight at the moment and they are a bit cheaper!!

Another question, i am due to complete level 4 in June. When can i register with ACCA for exemptions? Do i need to wait for my results and what is the deadline to register to sit the December exams??
  • AmyRichardson
    AmyRichardson Registered Posts: 89 Regular contributor โญ
    Bpp online

really glad people are saying they found BBP online useful as I have transferred from Kaplan evening to do BPP online - Business Tax Budgeting and Financial Performance.

i have done this in order to enrol for ACCA december sittings. I was told by Kaplan that the deadline to enrol for december is 31st July
  • sama
    sama Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor โญ
    Eagle is the cheapest and I'm tempted to go with them, but it is important to note that they say:
    "We sell study packs (without tutor support) for ACCA - ideal for self motivated, independent learners."
    You can see this on their fees page:
    http://www.eagle-education.co.uk/study_options/course_fees.php

I think I'll try maybe F4 with them, see how it goes and if it is too difficult I might go with BPP later. By the way I'm doing level 4 with Eagle and find them really good.
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Think i might gpo with Eagle as my finances are really tight at the moment and they are a bit cheaper!!

Another question, i am due to complete level 4 in June. When can i register with ACCA for exemptions? Do i need to wait for my results and what is the deadline to register to sit the December exams??

If you log into MyAAT and have a look on the left called 'Special arrangement for AAT students progressing to ACCA'

There are certain things you need to do and certain deadlines. You need to let the AAT know to send your exam results to ACCA (using an e-mail address AAT provide). You need to register with ACCA so they apply your exemptions once they have your exam results. The arrangement notice talks you through what you need to do.
  • deborahcarpenter
    I was thinking of trying F4 with them first and like you say, if i find it too difficult without tutor support i will try another provider but saying that my boss is a chartered accountant and is always there to guide me if i need help.
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I started doing F4 as a distant learning student, using only the BPP text book, (they didn't offer the online facility at the time), be prepared for a massive step-up from AAT, if you intend to study the same way.

I was so stressed by it all, at one point considered giving up. I did manage to pass the exam first time (63%), but I only achieved this because I booked onto a taught revision course about a month before the exam. I am convinced that without this extra help, I would not have passed.

My advice would be to go with whatever gives you the greatest chance of passing the exam. An extra few pounds now, may save extra fees at a later date.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Deborah
    Chichester College will have F9 (with me as the lecturer) starting at 1.30pm on Thursday 10th Feb. 3 hrs per week.
    So you'll be finished by 4.30pm and able to get to Littlehampton reasonably quickly.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • deborahcarpenter
    Hi Sandy,
    I dont finish level4 until June, im just making enquiries as to which way to go next but afternoon class on a Thursday would be great later on in the year. I go to Northbrook all day Thursdays at the moment. Do you do other papers as well as F9? Do you know how much they are?
    Many thanks
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Yes
    the college has classes for F4-F9
    I take F9 and F5 (this year a colleague took F5)

at the moment ยฃ500 per unit for a 14 week course
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I just bought the kaplan books from ebay & use open tuition, acca website & Tony Surridge stuff. Keeps the costs down, but you obviously don't have anyone to bounce ideas off.
  • Andy Blyth
    Andy Blyth Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor โญ
    I'm another advocate of BPP. Their classes are excellent, as is the online learning. It may be a bit more expensive than some others, but worth every penny if it helps you pass the exam.

As said before, ACCA is a big step up academically from AAT and shouldn't be taken lightly. If you are going to do distance learning, be prepared for that.
  • toria1979
    toria1979 Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor โญ
    so if i finish level 4 in june and go on to do distance learning for CIMA, can i just pootle along at my own pace and the modules will just stay on my record as passed??? what do i start with once done level 4 etc, im looking at all these sites but just getting a bit baffled by it all!!!!
Privacy Policy