cost of exams

staceylou
staceylou Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
Not sure if anyone knows but im on NVQ just got BTC PEV PCR to complete, in order to do the computer based exams ive been told 74 pounds per exam however on qcf its only 35?? does anyone know if this is correct? and if so why...also has anyone transferred from NVQ to QCF and was it alot of hassel and is there any difference in the qualification!! i just dont get why there is 39 pounds per exam difference.....

Thanks

Comments

• katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Exam fees for level 4 are £35.00 each..

Are you 100% sure your not getting mixed up with the student membership fee (once a year thing)? that is 74.00

Go to the home screen and click on about aat, detailed membership guide, check out page 13. Hope this helps.
  • katie2008
    ** go to the search box on the homepage. Type 'UK STUDENT GUIDE 2010'.

Then click open, go to page 13, then print page 13 and go tell the person who told you the fees that your paying 35.00 as thats what aat say :) cant find the link, but type that in the box you can see where im coming from.. hopefully.
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You can't take CBE's whilst your on the NVQ pathway... there is some confusion between you and the exam centre :)
  • katie2008
    but if you stop on nvq pathway you only have about four more months to complete and pass..
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi.

The exams are about £46 per exam for the paper based.

If you are an external student, colleges can charge an admin fee if you are sitting computer based exams so keep that in mind.
  • staceylou
    im confused altogether... ive been emailing my tutor back and forth all morning she said i can do cbe for nvq and gave me dates and enrolment form...but said its 74 pounds per exam.... but to transfer to the new qualification i will lose all of my level 4 to date which means the exams ive passed are worthless which i thought was harsh i kept asking her if that was correct and she kept emailing me back stating the same things.... im so confused
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Email or call the AAT instead. Even though they are really busy and you're unlikely to get a reply soon, you might get a better reply there.

I'm pretty sure DFS at least is transferrable, and tne optional unit will depend a bit on what unit you have done.
  • staceylou
    thanks im just on hold to AAT at moment.. :)
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    From what I've been told at my college all units can be transferred from NVQ to QCF. I've completed all mandatory units on NVQ with Cash Management & Credit Control to still complete. I'll then ransfer to QCF to do Personal Tax as a CBE.
    Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I was told the same thing from a college last year and packed like mad, so called aat who said it was not correct the level 4 units completed are transferred not lost so to speak.
  • Lou1234
    I believe that any exams you have done under NVQ are still completed if you move to the new route.

You do not have to re-sit them.

Hope you don't have to sit on hold with AAT for too long!
  • staceylou
    well the aat said that cbe are not avaliable nvq so phoned kaplan who said they have a confirmation email to say they are available cbe argh :(

so im sending over my enrolment form now and just hoping for the best...wow so much hassle ive spoke to 5 diff people today and not one has agreed with the other!! its now 60 pounds to take the exam not 74...
  • Lou1234
    Surely the AAT are correct.

As I understand it, at Level 4 you cannot take computer based exams under the NVQ route. You can only take paper based exams and the last sitting is June this year.
  • staceylou
    well the other day a lady from aat said i could do them computer based as with the snow in decemeber they made it available and its been available since

when i phoned today they said they are paper based only... but college said they have confirmation from the aat that they can do them computer based...

i honestly dont know the true answer but surely if my college are taking money off me they must be certain i can do they cbe and its kaplan they arnt a small college!! who knows!! the revision wont do me any harm whether i take the exams next week or not!!

im just so mad not to be getting straight answers just wish at least one person would agree with the other
  • staceylou
    The AAT are on the phone to college so i think my college have being giving out false information...

does anyone know that if you transfer to the new qualification are the exams similar critera to what was in the NVQ exams or are they completly different....just ill lose funding so i want to do it externally and just turn up for the exam...college have lost too many of my exam papers and given me wrong information too many times now i just want to do it myself if its at all possible...not paying thousands out to a place that seems so useless
  • Henry
    Henry Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    staceylou wrote: »
    The AAT are on the phone to college so i think my college have being giving out false information...

does anyone know that if you transfer to the new qualification are the exams similar critera to what was in the NVQ exams or are they completly different....just ill lose funding so i want to do it externally and just turn up for the exam...college have lost too many of my exam papers and given me wrong information too many times now i just want to do it myself if its at all possible...not paying thousands out to a place that seems so useless

Staceylou,
    Just wanted to say that there are cheaper colleges offering distance learning that you can go with and you do not need to pay out thosands of pounds. For example Eastleigh College used to do the whole Level 4 for just over £800. Permier Training is even cheaper and these are AAT approved providers. You may very well need a training provider for the Unit 10 project or if you have any other skills test to do. Best of luck.
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Premier have quoted me £100 per unit for level 4 if that bit of infos any use to you.(excluding skill test costs)
  • staceylou
    thank you so much ill speak to my boss in the week...least it will be affordable!! :)
Privacy Policy