exam results

Comments

• Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I feel the same and dont want to retake it,i have forgotton most of it and have moved on with the next unit! Fingers crossed!! :)
  • AmyRichardson
    AmyRichardson Registered Posts: 89 Regular contributor ⭐
    omg still nothing THIS IS SO ANNOYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GRRR
  • Becky V
    Yes i so agree!!!!!!!!!! I am really getting annoyed and need to know!!! What are the doing??!!!
  • AmyRichardson
    Just on the phone to them, see if i get them that way. its really not fair to wait more than 6 weeks especially when u kno others took the same exam a week later n have their results already
  • Becky V
    good luck!! I have convinced myself i have failed now as we havent got our results. Why should we have to wait longer when others have got theirs???!!!!
    Let me know if you get through.
  • AmyRichardson
    JUST FOUND OUT>>>>>

ANYONE that took any CBA around the 20th JAN!! will not receive their results until THIS TIME NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!! because the AAT had technical problems at that time!

I am furious
  • Becky V
    WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous, i have no faith in them at all now!!
  • Becky V
    Sadly after over 6 weeks of waiting for my results it has come up as not yet competent!! Absolutely gutted! Does anyone know if i can find out where i went wrong? Thanks
  • Shell B
    Shell B Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor ⭐
    oh no am really sorry to hear that Becky, i know its hard but try not to remain disheartened for too long. My tutor had said to all of us right at the start of this yr that not too expect to pass every single exam first time round and that if you do fail dont automatically think your never going to pass it, because you will. If you want it so badly then you will pass.

Wish i could give you some more comforting words, except keep your pecker up and keep trucking on because you will get there.

How did you feel after you did the exam? did you feel like it went well or were you sat on the fence as to whether you thought you would pass or not.

When did you get your results today????

Shell B
  • Becky V
    Shell B wrote: »
    oh no am really sorry to hear that Becky, i know its hard but try not to remain disheartened for too long. My tutor had said to all of us right at the start of this yr that not too expect to pass every single exam first time round and that if you do fail dont automatically think your never going to pass it, because you will. If you want it so badly then you will pass.

Wish i could give you some more comforting words, except keep your pecker up and keep trucking on because you will get there.

How did you feel after you did the exam? did you feel like it went well or were you sat on the fence as to whether you thought you would pass or not.

When did you get your results today????

Shell B

Hi thank you Shell B i am totally gutted, i know the first question i couldnt get to balance but apart from that i thought it was ok and did feel quietly confident, so to receive this i am shocked and just want to know where i went wrong?! Dont know if its worth ringing them or not?! When i did the practise cba on here and on Kaplan and passed it each time so just dont know what went wrong. I will try to keep my chin up and stay positive. This is my first exam for level 4 so it is disheartening!
  • Shell B
    I just had a look and if you go onto your exam results in myaat there is an appeals and enquires that you can click on.
    I do know that if you fail an exam you can get feedback however i dont know how long it takes to receive it.

Do you study from home or go to college????

I am waiting on my results for this exam too, very nervous.

It must be hard when you know you have put alot of work into revising etc and it does not go to plan, but try to remain positive just think you wont have to wait long before you can resit it that is one good thing about computer based exams (there are not many i know) and your not the only one out there who has failed at one point in time. Just think that when you do pass this one it will proably mean more to you than to somone who has passed first time becuase you ahve had to work harder for it. Its not as if it is an easy unit either its difficult to remember the IAS's and all the other stuff.

Keep on going Becky

Shell B
  • Becky V
    Thanks i have downloaded a form for the appeals and enquiries, didnt reaise you have to pay for it though!
    I study from home which i find easier to fit round my family.
    I found out my results this evening.
    When is your results due? Fingers crossed.

Im sure i will feel better tomorrow! :)
  • Shell B
    well i take my hat off to you straight away i could not do what your doing already, home study and look after a family. I find it hard enough going to work and college two nights a week and then studying inbetween.

I think i will be getting my results next week am not two sure, was hoping they would be here this week but no such luck.
    I cant belive you ahve to pay that cant be right to find out where you went wrong surely. If i were you i would give them a call and see if this is the right way to go about finding your info see if you can save yourself a few pennies.
    Its terrible how much you have to pay and they cant even give you a piece of paper free, all they have to do is press a couple of buttons and send it to you its not as if thats going to cost too much.

sorry about the rant it does annoy me though.

Shell B
  • Becky V
    Thanks i work part time aswell for an accountant so the fnst exam is exactly what i do at work! Maybe the nerves got the better of me, who knows! I will try to call them tomorrow, doubt i will get through!
    It is £23 to send off a form to enquiry about my result which i think its a complete joke!
    I sat my exam 6 weeks yesterday and got my result today, but some who sat it week after me got the results few days ago!
  • Shell B
    Its really not right that you should have to pay.
    Some of it does come down to how you feel on the day, if your extremly nervous then its takes you about half an hr to calm down and if you get a dodgy question within that half an hr if your anything like me your stomach is back in your mouth again and you feel like getting up putting your coat on and trotting home.
    Well if you find out any more info on your results you will have to let us know, it would be intersting to here what info they do give out.

In the mean time dont see it as a fail see it as a practise go.

Shell B
  • Becky V
    Thank you so much just talking to you has really helped!! :)
    Hopefully i will find out some information and if i can see where i went wrong it will help me understand why i didnt pass!
  • Shell B
    Well am glad you feel a bit better Becky, it helps when you can talk to people who know and understand exacly how you feel. I know family memembers do try to help but its hard for them to see and understand what you talking about at times.

Hope you can i a good weekend and that AAT lends you a helping hand.

Shell B
  • AmyRichardson
    my FNST come up not yet competent aswell - also gutted!!! but on my statement of achievement it says 'not attempted' does that mean ihave still failed
  • Becky V
    Hi Amy i am so sorry to hear that aswell. I am shocked to be honest, cant get hold of AAT as they are not open but will be ringing them Monday morning! I havent got anything on my statement of achievement as yet!
  • AmyRichardson
    i wouldnt think u have failed yet, we just have to wait untill it changed to pass or fail on statement of achievement :) xxxx we can do it!!!
  • Becky V
    I am really hoping they have made a terrible mistake!!! I really thought i did quite well! When will it go on the statement of achievement? Thank you im glad i have support on here :)
  • AmyRichardson
    and me mate, will be really disheartened if it is a definite fail. will be the first exam ive failed at aat.

on the up side i passed my external audit, that is showing up on both :)
  • Becky V
    That is great news well done! I guess we just have to wait and see!! :) xx
  • AmyRichardson
    typical i wouldnt of minded failing that one as much lol!

lets hope we dont have to wait too long, will be on the phone monday morning again! bet we will just get told to wait though :|

deffinatley having a drink or 10 tonight ha ha xx

feeling better now :)
  • jo21977
    jo21977 Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    Hi all,

I too failed and feel deflated being my first level 4 exam! Can't believe i'm revising this again:( If it makes you feel better I wasn't the only one in my class not to get through either, and it was a hard one!
  • Becky V
    jo21977 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I too failed and feel deflated being my first level 4 exam! Can't believe i'm revising this again:( If it makes you feel better I wasn't the only one in my class not to get through either, and it was a hard one!

Hi Jo im sorry to hear you failed. Does anything show on your statement of achievement yet? Just out of interest when did you take your exam? Mine and Amys was on the 20th Jan and Amy had heard there was some technical issues at that time?! I am phoning AAT on Monday to find out. I couldnt get the first question to balance but the rest i thought i did well! This was my first exam aswell for level 4 and also feel deflated and shocked!
  • zara5034
    zara5034 Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Becky V wrote: »
    I am really hoping they have made a terrible mistake!!! I really thought i did quite well! When will it go on the statement of achievement? Thank you im glad i have support on here :)

Hi There, I am sorry to hear that you failed this exam, I thought I'd mention something that my tutor pointed out.

The majority of students that fail this exam, fail on section 2, the part where you have to talk about the ratios, simply because they only state what the ratios tell them and do not go into detail about the things that might have caused the differences in the ratios, like purchasing new assets and maybe taking out substantial loans in the year. I felt that the Kaplan book didn't explain this part very well and I was lucky to have a tutor that went over this area in great detail, I spent a good hour on section 2 of the exam and thankfully passed it.

This may not have been the reason you failed, but it something a lot of students don't realise.
  • Becky V
    zara5034 wrote: »
    Hi There, I am sorry to hear that you failed this exam, I thought I'd mention something that my tutor pointed out.

The majority of students that fail this exam, fail on section 2, the part where you have to talk about the ratios, simply because they only state what the ratios tell them and do not go into detail about the things that might have caused the differences in the ratios, like purchasing new assets and maybe taking out substantial loans in the year. I felt that the Kaplan book didn't explain this part very well and I was lucky to have a tutor that went over this area in great detail, I spent a good hour on section 2 of the exam and thankfully passed it.

This may not have been the reason you failed, but it something a lot of students don't realise.

Thank you you could be right i am not very good at writing emails so maybe a didnt detail it enough! I am hoping to get some feedback from AAT so i can see where i went wrong. I did study a lot on the ratios and pretty sure i got them correct but maybe not enough explanation! Well done for passing yours though :)
  • zara5034
    zara5034 Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Becky V wrote: »
    Thank you you could be right i am not very good at writing emails so maybe a didnt detail it enough! I am hoping to get some feedback from AAT so i can see where i went wrong. I did study a lot on the ratios and pretty sure i got them correct but maybe not enough explanation! Well done for passing yours though :)

Another thing that I thought I'd mention, is that the written parts of the CBA are 'human marked', and so far as I am aware, the practice CBA only marks the calculations you do and not the written parts, meaning that you may pass the practice one but not actually be passing the written parts. I am unsure if they provide model answers for the practice CBA?

Did you do any old past papers, at least they come with model answers, you can never do enough of them!
  • davejvh
    davejvh Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Mine says "not yet competent".... but it says I took the exam on 3rd March... I didn't I took it on 7th Feb... hopefully it's a huge administrative error as my result isn't due for 2 weeks... have I been given someone else's result? should that even be possible?!

I think I'll have to join the phone line queue in the morning as well... :(
Privacy Policy