exam results

13»

Comments

• Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    davejvh wrote: »
    Mine says "not yet competent".... but it says I took the exam on 3rd March... I didn't I took it on 7th Feb... hopefully it's a huge administrative error as my result isn't due for 2 weeks... have I been given someone else's result? should that even be possible?!

I think I'll have to join the phone line queue in the morning as well... :(

Hi there, that is terrible for getting the date wrong!! I would think the result is wrong aswell but who knows,im losing faith in them! The phone lines will be busy tomorrow! Hope they sort it for you!
  • jo21977
    jo21977 Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Becky

I took mine on the 21st Jan. My SOA doesn't even show i'm registered for Level 4!!! Slightly worrying:) My result only shows on the assessment page.

I spoke to AAT on Wednesday morning as my result appeared late on Tue evening and they said I can apply for more information by completing the form and submitting the fee!!

I also didn't balance the first task but it wasn't that far off, the bad debt etc.. threw me as I wasn't expecting it and we hadn't covered the format in the way it was asked at all. As far as the rest of section 1 went I thought I did ok. I was really not happy with section 2.

I was hoping when I spoke to AAT that they would at least let me know if I failed one or both but they didn't offer any information at all and there is only 10 days after you receive your result to submit the request.
  • davejvh
    davejvh Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Can everyone just confirm on theirs the date shown IS the date they took the exam? all my old level3 CBAs have the date I took them... I hope they haven't changed it to listing the date it was marked for level 4 ones!

anyone else's date not match the date they sat?
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    davejvh wrote: »
    Can everyone just confirm on theirs the date shown IS the date they took the exam? all my old level3 CBAs have the date I took them... I hope they haven't changed it to listing the date it was marked for level 4 ones!

anyone else's date not match the date they sat?

The date achieved on the SOA matches the date the result was uploaded (that is what it shows for my financial statements and personal tax results). On the myaat it shows the session date as the date that you took the exam.
  • davejvh
    davejvh Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    nothing for l4 shows on my SOA.... but it wouldn't would it, if i'd only taken one exam and failed it/only taken one exam and not got a result yet (whichever applies to me)?

Still, good to hear that your exam results section shows the date you sat it, it gives me hope that my result and date is an error on the website!
  • pennie
    pennie Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Becky V wrote: »
    Thanks i work part time aswell for an accountant so the fnst exam is exactly what i do at work! Maybe the nerves got the better of me, who knows! I will try to call them tomorrow, doubt i will get through!
    It is £23 to send off a form to enquiry about my result which i think its a complete joke!
    I sat my exam 6 weeks yesterday and got my result today, but some who sat it week after me got the results few days ago!
    Hi Becky

I took my CBA for Budgetting (old PCR) on 27th jan, and thought I would have heard by now - at the time I thought I did okay, as answered all questions, but with no results through as yet - I beginning to think maybe I thought i did it all okay, but in fact did it all wrong - I cannot fatham out how some people are getting results, out of date order. Do you know if the AAT have a particular day for notifying results or just when they come in - I took mine on a Thursday - nail biting stuff - Pennie
  • susiewong
    susiewong Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi, I changed from Diploma pathway to the new standards for Level 4 and I was advised that I had to ring the AAT and ask them to put the new standards as my primary pathway, since this has been done all my records have changed. On my SOA I can now see all of the level 4 topics whereas before I could only see levels 2 & 3.

Sorry to all those who failed.

Susie
  • pennie
    PCR - Budgetting CBA

Hi

I took my CBA for budgetting on Thursday 27th January and was the only person in the exam room (solo) - Has anybody received results yet from that date or later - I keep looking at my e-mails as I don't know when to expect results (the 6 weeks will be up this Thursday) are results sent out daily or do the AAT has specific days!

Its nail-biting stuff, (the wait that is) especially as I can see that AAT have made so many arrears with CBA - grateful for advice.

Pennie
  • keane155
    pennie wrote: »
    Hi

I took my CBA for budgetting on Thursday 27th January and was the only person in the exam room (solo) - Has anybody received results yet from that date or later - I keep looking at my e-mails as I don't know when to expect results (the 6 weeks will be up this Thursday) are results sent out daily or do the AAT has specific days!

Its nail-biting stuff, (the wait that is) especially as I can see that AAT have made so many arrears with CBA - grateful for advice.

Pennie

I took mine 28th Jan and got my results last week.

You won't get an email- if you log into myaat and then click on your assessment results on the left hand side it will show any exams that you have results for. Good luck. :)
  • Becky V
    jo21977 wrote: »
    Hi Becky

I took mine on the 21st Jan. My SOA doesn't even show i'm registered for Level 4!!! Slightly worrying:) My result only shows on the assessment page.

I spoke to AAT on Wednesday morning as my result appeared late on Tue evening and they said I can apply for more information by completing the form and submitting the fee!!

I also didn't balance the first task but it wasn't that far off, the bad debt etc.. threw me as I wasn't expecting it and we hadn't covered the format in the way it was asked at all. As far as the rest of section 1 went I thought I did ok. I was really not happy with section 2.

I was hoping when I spoke to AAT that they would at least let me know if I failed one or both but they didn't offer any information at all and there is only 10 days after you receive your result to submit the request.

Hi Jo my statement of achievement also doesnt show that i am registered to start level 4 even though i have notified them twice about the units i am studying! I have had confirmation fron the regarding these emails.
    I think the exam you took was the same as mine with the bad debt and doubtful debts but that was the only bit that threw me, as you say the rest of section was fine and i balanced the consolidated/subsidary accounts. The formulas on section 2 i believe i got correct it was just the email that i find difficult explaining!
    I thought the percentage was 70%. I have heard people who have made lots of errors and still come out as competent?!
    Thats all i want to know is where i went wrong so i know what to revise for next time.
    Will ring them tomorrow to find out but sounds like i might have to pay to appeal which is ridiculous and then pay again to resit the exam!!!!
  • Becky V
    Hi Becky

I took my CBA for Budgetting (old PCR) on 27th jan, and thought I would have heard by now - at the time I thought I did okay, as answered all questions, but with no results through as yet - I beginning to think maybe I thought i did it all okay, but in fact did it all wrong - I cannot fatham out how some people are getting results, out of date order. Do you know if the AAT have a particular day for notifying results or just when they come in - I took mine on a Thursday - nail biting stuff - Pennie

Hi Pennie i really dont know how they put the results on, you would think logic would be date order of sitting the exam but apparantly not!! I was the same and thought i did ok and would have just passed the 70% mark but obviously i was wrong! Good luck with your results :)
  • pennie
    Hi Keane

Thanks for replying - well done to you for passing - I have been looking at my assessment results and nothing!

I have also completed the AAT practice CBA for budgeting on this website - thankfully it said "successful" but the real deal could be sooooooooo different - I found 2 errors within the practice CBA (questions and answers) which I have e-mailed the AAT, but this is worrying as it proves they do make mistakes.

As for me - it looks like I'll just have to keep looking at my statement of acheivements. Once again thank you for your help
    Pennie
  • AmyRichardson
    AmyRichardson Registered Posts: 89 Regular contributor ⭐
    UPDATE:::

I am now being told I will have to wait another f**king 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be putting in a formal complaint,this is just damn right disgusting
  • pennie
    Budgeting _ PCR

Hi

Here was me waiting for e-mail until Keane suggested looking on SOA - I took my budgeting on 27th Jan - just phoned AAT and told my results were in but they couldn't tell me over phone - just logged on Soooooooooooooooooo Happy Passed.

That's me completed Level 4 - I had done all my other exams paper based and past all but the first section of the PCR paper in June - (it fairness I had done all the past papers on the AAT website, but the June paper was so different) anyway the re-sit was due in december but college was shut due to snow - I decided not to wait intil this June and changed over to the new system, (after all I only needed PCR-now budgetting) and so glad I've done it - for all my fellow AAT students if I can do it (64, never worked in accounts prior to studying at level 3) then so can you - remember if at first you don't succeed - try, try again.

Now for Personal and business tax - good luck everyone Pennie
  • keane155
    Hi

Here was me waiting for e-mail until Keane suggested looking on SOA - I took my budgeting on 27th Jan - just phoned AAT and told my results were in but they couldn't tell me over phone - just logged on Soooooooooooooooooo Happy Passed.

That's me completed Level 4 - I had done all my other exams paper based and past all but the first section of the PCR paper in June - (it fairness I had done all the past papers on the AAT website, but the June paper was so different) anyway the re-sit was due in december but college was shut due to snow - I decided not to wait intil this June and changed over to the new system, (after all I only needed PCR-now budgetting) and so glad I've done it - for all my fellow AAT students if I can do it (64, never worked in accounts prior to studying at level 3) then so can you - remember if at first you don't succeed - try, try again.

Now for Personal and business tax - good luck everyone Pennie

That's great news, well done pennie! :)
Privacy Policy