DeadLine for old Standards Premier training

pirate
pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi there,

I have just understood from Premier Training that my submission for skills tests needs to be completed by 31st March for unit 31 part 2 and 3. I am now told I need to transfer onto the new standards and because unit 32 cant be transferred I therefore need to do Professional Ethics and now also Spreadsheets under the new standards.
Its a bit frustrating since there are 3 months left but I do understand that they need a bit of time to mark the papers and so on.
Has anyone done such a transition, and if so is there any other units that I would need to do
I have done all the exams under the old standard for Level 2 3 and 4, plus unit 15 and just need to do unit 31 part 1

thanks

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    pirate wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have just understood from Premier Training that my submission for skills tests needs to be completed by 31st March for unit 31 part 2 and 3. I am now told I need to transfer onto the new standards and because unit 32 cant be transferred I therefore need to do Professional Ethics and now also Spreadsheets under the new standards.
    Its a bit frustrating since there are 3 months left but I do understand that they need a bit of time to mark the papers and so on.
    Has anyone done such a transition, and if so is there any other units that I would need to do
    I have done all the exams under the old standard for Level 2 3 and 4, plus unit 15 and just need to do unit 31 part 1

thanks

I'm not entirely sure from your post what you've got outstanding as you talked about skills tests for Unit 31 part 2 and 3 being outstanding and then you said you only needed to do part 1.

Assuming you've done all the exams and Unit 15 but none of Unit 31, not Unit 32 and not Unit 10 then if you transfer to the new standards you'll need to do:

Level 2

WEAF
    Basic Costing
    Computerised Accounts

Level 3

Indirect Tax
    Spreadsheets
    Professional Ethics

Level 4

ICAS

It would be so much easier if you could at least get Unit 31 done as that would clear Level 2 and Indirect Tax and would just leave you with professional ethics, spreadsheets and ICAS (unless you've done Unit 10 already)

Didn't Premier give you any warning about when the skills tests needed to be done by? Seems a bit off to tell you now when there's nothing you can do about it.
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Coojee

I have done all the exams for Level 3 and Level 4 (am on diploma), Am about to do Skills test for Unit 31 Part 1 and Unit 15.
    I have done the work for Unit 31 Part 2 and Part 3 but not done the work for UNit 32 (professional Ethics). So they need to see my practice skills set for Unit 32 by about the 4th April, which only gives me a week to finish the study and do the assignment plus work and guest visits so nigh on impossible really. This means that since I would have to transfer to the new standards there is no point in doing Unit 31 part two and part three apparently as they are a waste but of course worth doing unit 31 Part 1 as as you say would have to do a lot more units.
    I just want to be sure that if all I have remaining is Unit 32 and Part 2 and Part 3 of Unit 31 and Unit 10 project that all othe units are transferable and then all I have to do is Spreadsheets and Professional Ethics and off course Unit 10 (equivilent) under the new standards.
    We got an email on the 13th March regarding the dates so not a lot of notice, I didnt really appreciate what it meant to be honest, and just rang to book the skills tests and was told this.
    Its a bit frustrating as if I had realised the implications say at the beginning of march I would have put some extra work in in the evenings and weekends to get the professional ethics done. My plan was to get all the assignments and work done by the 15th April, then apply for the skills tests and get them all complete first week in May as I am away at Easter. But hey ho there you go best laid plans etc
    Also if they charge me a load more money it will be annoying as I paid for these units and the support already.
    Thanks for your reply it looks like Spreadsheets and Professional Ethics are the only units and of course the project at Level 4, assuming I pass unit 31 and unit 15 of course lol

Karen
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    pirate wrote: »
    Hi Coojee

I have done all the exams for Level 3 and Level 4 (am on diploma),

Karen

If you have completed level 4, you do not need level 3 to apply for full AAT Membership

the thread below is an interesting one

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=28084
Privacy Policy