Deadlines for old standards

pirate
pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I know the deadlines for completion of units is the 30th June 2011 and was working to this deadline to get all my stuff done.

then found out in middle of march that my distance learner want all the skills tests in by the 30th April so it gives them time to mark em all by the 30th June so 8 weeks.

but just found out from the AAT that the deadline for students is the 30th but for marking is way beyond that.

So why I wonder has this deadline been imposed. Am going to confirm with my tutor but has anyone else found this out

K

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    i am in the same position and am working towards all done by the 30th april - i only have one more to do, so not too drastic for me.

hope you find the answer and it works in your favour

tracy
    Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    im waiting for my skills tests to be uploaded by the college to AAT, at which point i can apply for membership, seems to take ages
  • geek84
    geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Folks

Regarding the completion of assignments of the old style before the new style comes in, I have just rung my provider and the official statement is that students need to complete the unit they are on and have it sent to them by 30th April. They then have 2 months - May & June to mark it.
  • pirate
    Have done all the skills tests am on diploma pathway so have done Level 3 Unit 31 part 1,2,3 and unit 15. Also done the exams unit 5 and unit 6. I have also done Level 4 unit 18, 19, 11 and 33. So technically I can pass Level 3 without unit 32 but they tell me I have to take it otherwise I will have to take it under the new level with spreadsheets additionally.

I have done my assessement for unit 32 but due to my provider being inundated with assessments they can't mark it until monday (sent it to them last friday) they say its fine and have given me the go ahead but they have run out of skills tests so have to order one from the AAT which delays it shipping to me by about 2 days which means it may not get to my supervisor until next thursday. I had put wednesday down for this. My supervisor is out of the office on that day, its my old boss and I am away over easter back on 27th but cannot sit it that day would have to be 28th so then due to 29th & 2nd being a bank holiday it wouldnt arrive until May 3rd too late for marking.

what a nightmare
  • Sparkly
    Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Now you have me worried! I have 3 skills tests left to sit, my manager is currently off sick so hasn't been available to order them, and prior to that when she was in the office pinning her down was pretty difficult. The emails I have had from my learning provider recommend that you submit completed skills tests before 30th April to guarantee marks being passed to the AAT in time, but they officially say you have until end of June to complete them, obsviously the earleir the better to guarantee marks being recored in time! Having said that, the last skills test I sat, the results were returned within a week which I was quite suprised by!
  • purple19m
    purple19m Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor ⭐
    Well i'm with Premier Training and was advised that the deadline was today 15th April for sitting skills tests.

I sat one last week and one today and hope that I pass them otherwise i don't know what happens. Additional questions hopefully!

Been hard work too what with doing unit 10 and I moved house on Saturday just gone and I feel like i've had to rush through revision but there has been no other choice. Not long to go now, i'm left with DFS and waiting for my 2nd draft of unit 10 back and i'll be completed, providing i pass of course!

Can you not order the skills test yourself then as I order them myself and Premier send them to my supervisor and they get posted back the sameday?
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Providers aren't making it public knowledge about the marking thing as they don't want all their students thinking they can drag their heels and spin out the assessments until June. They want them all done and dusted by then. That said, expecting to have them all sat by the end of April is unrealistic and unfair. All assessments should be assessed within 2 weeks of receipt so there's no way providers should even be contemplating taking 8 weeks to mark them. I can understand that the 2 week deadline may not be met when there's lots of students sitting assessments all at the same time but 8 weeks is just stupid.

I can't say who, but I do know of one distance learning provider who is being more flexible over the assessments. They're encouraging students to sit them in April or May but they certainly wouldn't refuse an assessment just because of the time scale.

It really does pay to shop around when looking at providers.
  • pirate
    Yes interesting, never thought about all these things you dont think to ask when you are selecting a provider as in how long does it take you to turn around and assessment etc etc.
    Still fingers crossed
  • coojee
    pirate wrote: Β»
    Yes interesting, never thought about all these things you dont think to ask when you are selecting a provider as in how long does it take you to turn around and assessment etc etc.
    Still fingers crossed

I hope it works out for you.
  • taskey
    i have just been in touch with BPP as i was panicking a bit. They have advised that as the deadline is approaching, mock sims are not needing to be marked if the student feels confident enough to sit the actual.

My manager has just order my unit 17, so fingers crossed i can get it sat and back to them by the deadline.

Tracy
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    I have one skills test left (cash management) I am with Premier Training and they have posted it out to my work for me to sit on Weds this week (20th). They say the deadline is end of April in order to send out any extra questions etc to supplement the skills test (should they be required), and to send the results back to the AAT in time for the deadline in June.

That said, I am having difficulty with the Sleepy Hollow Simulation for Cash Management, and I am now really down about sitting it on Weds!!
  • taskey
    you will be fine, once i was doing my sim for cash management i quite enjoyed it, i only had one extra question to do.

hopefully my audit one will be the same too (i doubt it though)

Tracy
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Just a point from those who've switched to the new standards, I got a generic email from my training provider (Distance learning) that there will be a delay in all work as they're prioritising the old standards first. To be fair my training provider hasn't ever been good at giving me feedback but I sent them the second draft of my ICAS report nearly two months ago now and still haven't heard anything.

Not very happy that they're doing this, it's not fair as I've completely lost focus on my ICAS as it's been so long now and I find it hard to get back into it with such a big gap :(

~Mouse
  • coojee
    Just a point from those who've switched to the new standards, I got a generic email from my training provider (Distance learning) that there will be a delay in all work as they're prioritising the old standards first. To be fair my training provider hasn't ever been good at giving me feedback but I sent them the second draft of my ICAS report nearly two months ago now and still haven't heard anything.

Not very happy that they're doing this, it's not fair as I've completely lost focus on my ICAS as it's been so long now and I find it hard to get back into it with such a big gap :(

~Mouse

This really annoys me as the AAT issue guidelines to providers regarding how long they can take to give feedback. They're not supposed to take longer than 2 weeks to give feedback on assessments, this includes Unit 10's and ICAS. If they're not sticking to it then report them to the AAT.

As I said to pirate, it pays to shop around when looking at distance learning providers. Just because one provider is cheaper than another one doesn't necessarily mean they're worse. The old maxim of you get what you pay for doesn't apply. If that was the case HLC would be the greatest provider in the world!

If it's been 2 months since you submitted your ICAS then you're going to run out of time soon, you only have 16 weeks to complete the whole thing. You need to get on top of this ASAP.
  • GreenMousey
    I know, I feel like when I've completed my AAT I'd like a certificate from my training provider just for chasing everything up all the time!

They've told me I have longer than 16 weeks due to being a distance learner, I got my first draft in december & the second draft in on the 4th March. Sent another email chasing & still awaiting a reply. I don't want to feel like I'm hounding them but this is getting more than ridiculous!
  • GreenMousey
    coojee wrote: Β»
    This really annoys me as the AAT issue guidelines to providers regarding how long they can take to give feedback. They're not supposed to take longer than 2 weeks to give feedback on assessments, this includes Unit 10's and ICAS. If they're not sticking to it then report them to the AAT.

As I said to pirate, it pays to shop around when looking at distance learning providers. Just because one provider is cheaper than another one doesn't necessarily mean they're worse. The old maxim of you get what you pay for doesn't apply. If that was the case HLC would be the greatest provider in the world!

If it's been 2 months since you submitted your ICAS then you're going to run out of time soon, you only have 16 weeks to complete the whole thing. You need to get on top of this ASAP.

Sorry, my training prover has told me incorrectly, I'm over the 4 month period, just spoken to AAT and they've said as it's lack of feedback & my training providers fault then they can reopen the assessment as I've not been working on it for the four months, although my training provider will have to pay again. I'm beyond angry!!!
  • coojee
    Sorry, my training prover has told me incorrectly, I'm over the 4 month period, just spoken to AAT and they've said as it's lack of feedback & my training providers fault then they can reopen the assessment as I've not been working on it for the four months, although my training provider will have to pay again. I'm beyond angry!!!

Yes, I was just going to reply to your previous post to say that they're wrong and then I saw this one. What planet are they on? I'm glad the AAT have sorted it for you and hope that your provider agrees to pay up.

There are no special rules for distance learners, the time limits are exactly the same. The AAT don't know whether you're a distance learner or not so when the 16 weeks are up they'll shut down your assessment.
  • GreenMousey
    coojee wrote: Β»
    Yes, I was just going to reply to your previous post to say that they're wrong and then I saw this one. What planet are they on? I'm glad the AAT have sorted it for you and hope that your provider agrees to pay up.

There are no special rules for distance learners, the time limits are exactly the same. The AAT don't know whether you're a distance learner or not so when the 16 weeks are up they'll shut down your assessment.

After speaking to my training provider, they're aware you have to do it within 16 weeks, however, their policy is to extend the date so you have 12 months to do it in. It's an absolute joke, she was so noble on the phone saying it wasn't my fault!

Really bad way to do things, but I should be used to it with them! They're saying taht as long as you get your first draft in in the 4 months of requesting the project then you're fine to continue.
Privacy Policy