Finding a study buddy

geek84
geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi folks

Some of you may be aware that there used to be a forum this site where you can search for a study buddy with whom you can share ideas and help/motivate each other, with regardfs to the AAT course. I could not find that forum anywhere on this site, so has it been taken off?

If it has, have any of you got study buddies and if so, how did you go about finding one?

Many Thanks
Β«13

Comments

• MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I would be up for a buddy myself. I am with eagle education and doing level 3. I am based in the North East of England.

What about yourself?

Cheers
    Martin
  • geek84
    Hi Martin

I am on the certificate stage (just started last month), and studying through Premier Training. I live in the West Midlands. I have done the first part of the certificate stage and sent in my practice exam assignment to be marked. While that is being marked, I am also studying the Sage Instant Accounts package - which came with the course material.

My personal email address is studymaths123@yahoo.co.uk

Perhaps we could keep in touch that way. What is your email address?

Thanks

Manjinder
  • geek84
    Hi

Anywhere want to be a study buddy?

I am on level 2 - the old style.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hi

It is good to have a study buddy, i suppose I have the advantage of being at college one day a week, so we tend to all bounce ideas off each other, but as we are all being taught by the same person we tend to get a bit stuck on the same things.

I met another level 2 student on here and we have swapped e-mails and chat and try and sort out any queries or questions, but willing to have more than one study buddy, may be we could swap a few e-mails and set up a bit of a study group, especially as we will all be doing level 3 the new way.

Jan

Jan
  • geek84
    Hi Jan

Nice to hear from you. You may remember we have exchanged a few emails on the other thread which I started regarding exchanging ideas regarding study & work.

However, I am still on level 2 old style. But of course, I would definitely be in favour of setting up a small study group.

My email address is - manjinder_chatha@yahoo.co.uk
  • janwal
    Hi Manjinder

Will you be able to finish level 2 on old style or do you need to switch to new style?

It is good to chat with others who are in the same situation, it also helps with the motivation as well. We have 4 weeks off college due to Easter and all the bank holidays and this last week I must admit not done a lot with the books but now I need to get back to it.

My email address is - janet.walker25@talktalk.net
  • oli
    oli Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    I would be up for a study group aswell, I'm currently studying level 4.

Would also be more than willing to help with any previous topics covered in levels 2 & 3. Off from college until 2nd May and I'm predicting to resit dfs exam I sat this past thursday so would be good to keep studying over the easter period.

My email address is drivencrazy1@hotmail.com
  • geek84
    Good Morning Jan & Oli

I have sent you emails to your email address. Please keep in touch. You are perfectly correct is saying that it is a good idea to help each other in terms of study & employment. It is good in terms of motivation.

Please also you can post your comments on the other thread that I started entitled-

Let's share our experiences of studying the AAT and finding suitable employment entitled.

We have a few students on that one as well.
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    @ Oli
    I am just starting level 4 - have emailed you.
  • Abbie28
    Abbie28 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    i am on level 4 too, i could do with extreme help! lol study buddy what a brillant idea!
  • geek84
    Hi Folks

I have just started level 3 on the new format. Any one who wishes to discuss/exchamge ideas with me, regarding the study material is more than welcome to do so.

If you want, you can always PM me.

Bye for now.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I've just started Level 4 so if anyone would like to correspond by email and the occasional phone call please let me know either here or by PM.

Thanks.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • geek84
    Level 4 study material

Hi Jo

I hope you don't mind me asking, bt what is contained level 4? Isit a series of units like in level 3 or is it a project type assignment?

Have you any idea of how many 'study hours' a student would need to do in order to complete the level?

Thanks in advance.
  • janwal
    Hi Manjinder

I do remember reading on another link something like 410 hours on both level 3 & 4, not sure where I'm going to find all that free time!!

Jan
  • geek84
    Hi Janwal

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean approx 200 hours of study for each of the levels or do you mean 410 hours for each level 3 and 4?

Thanks
  • janwal
    Hi

Not that lucky 410 hrs per year.......yips!!

Jan
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Level 4 takes much longer than Level 3. I'd say Level 4 would be around 600 hours. Our college does Level 3 over 1 year whereas Level 4 is done over 2 years (3 hrs a week at night).
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    geek84 wrote: Β»
    Hi Jo

I hope you don't mind me asking, bt what is contained level 4? Isit a series of units like in level 3 or is it a project type assignment?

Have you any idea of how many 'study hours' a student would need to do in order to complete the level?

Thanks in advance.

Hello geek84

I have replied directly to your pm.

Best wishes.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Daz1865
    Daz1865 Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'm about to start level 4, plan to finish it by my 26th birthday (9th Jan 2012) but it would be nice to study / talk with other people in similar situations.
  • johnclarke
    johnclarke Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Hi,
    I have just started the AAT Award in Bookkeeping (level 2). It would be great to have a study buddy to help keep the motivation going and to discuss topics that we are studying. Please contact me if you want to be study buddies.

Best Wishes

John
  • geek84
    Hi JohnClarke

I've sent you a PM

Thanks
  • Moe
    Moe Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Hey guys,

I'm doing level 4 right now and i got few more papers left and i kind of find it difficult to revise or to focus on my studies, while my friends exams are over and having fun. So it would be nice to find some study buddies...

Thanks
  • geek84
    Hi Moe

Welxome to the forum!

I am on level 3 at the moment and almost half way through. I am studying via distance learning. However, I haven't got a job at the momet.

Are you studying at a college? Hoe long do you think it take to complete level 4? I presume you are on the new format of assessments?

Thanks
  • Moe
    hey

I'm with kaplan financial and it take about 9 months, so if you u start from coming sept, then u can finish it by next june/july. Yea i'm doing in the new format.... the only thing i hate about this course is that the project, which you have to do in level 4. its long and boring... With exams, you revise for it and do the exam and its done!!!
  • geek84
    Hi Moe

You state that it takes 9 months to complete level 4. Is that what Kaplan have told you, or is that the average student time?

If you're doing it by distance learning, you can always finish it quicker - this is the advantage of doing it via distance learning rather than going to college - you can fit your studies around your personal life.
  • beckygboo
    beckygboo Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    I am just coming to the end of Level 3 and would love a study buddy for Level 4 starting in September,

I do struggle and not the brightest spark shall we say but I like a laugh.

I am doing it through College.
  • Moe
    @geek84,

thats not what they told me... its the decision i made

I know some people take more than 9 months and some takes less than that as it all depends on your lifestyle and what other responsibilities you have.

Yea you are right with self study that you can do at a pace you like and its a lot cheaper as well. When you hoping to finish level 3 then? And also when did u start the course?
  • geek84
    Hi Moe

I started level 3 at the beginning of May and hope to finish it by end of next month.

However, there does seem to be a lot of course content to get through!
  • Nia
    Nia Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
    geek84 wrote: Β»
    Hi Moe

I started level 3 at the beginning of May and hope to finish it by end of next month.

However, there does seem to be a lot of course content to get through!

Level 3 is do-able in 3 months, that's how long it took me. I would have taken some exams sooner had college been able to schedule them.
  • janwal
    I'm jst about at the end of level 2, 1 exam to go on Monday, college doesn't start back til 13th Sept but i plan to do some work over hols towards level 3. Which module do you think is best too look at?

Jan
Privacy Policy