Personal tax exam next week

Options
AmyRichardson
AmyRichardson Registered Posts: 89 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi All

I have my personal tax CBA next week.

however I have just noticed that AAT have changed the syllabus to base it on 2010 finance act, does this mean my exam will be based on this or will it be on the 09 FA which I studied???

Thnks

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    FA2009 should continue to be assessed until the end of September (or so I've been led to believe). There is an overlap though in that FA2010 starts to be assessed from 1st September so for all of September 2 FA's are being assessed, I don't know how on earth they can do that, whether you have to specify when you book the exam which FA you want I don't know.
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Be careful about the date. I was like that about my business tax and, in the end, rang AAT. They advised me that FA2009 would stop being an exam on 31st August & after that it would be FA2010. I would ring them to double check about personal tax too, but as far as AAT were concerned (And the dates on the front of one of my text books) FA 2009 was being examined only up to 31st August.
    I have my BTX exam on 5th September and have had to switch to FA2010, luckily there are very few differences between the years.

Good luck!
  • AmyRichardson
    AmyRichardson Registered Posts: 89 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    ok thankyou both :)

I have just spoken to AAT and they have said its up to your training provider on the day

then I rang Kaplan and they said they find out on thurs if they get a choice for each student to which FA it will be based on.

Hopefully I can chose 09!!

This is my last exam so I am hoping I pass and then I'm all done!!
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    oh! Very best of luck then :D I've got this & one other then I'm done...

It's been a long haul!

I've got my CBA with Kaplan too and they've just straight said I have to do FA2010. The only change I've had though is one of the allowances (That is given in the exam)

Shall keep my fingers crossed for you too then!

~Mouse
  • Daz1865
    Daz1865 Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Good luck, I had my Personal Tax exam last week and I didn't think it was that bad. If you've passed the others then I don't think this will be too much of an ask :-)

I did actually question AAT at the time with regards to the financial act, they told me;
    Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your email.

We will be using the Finance Act 2009 on all taxation exams until the end of August 2011. The Finance Act 2010 will be introduced on 1 September 2011.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Monika Rozanska
    Membership Support Advisor
    AAT

e: monika.rozanska@aat.org.uk
    t: 0845 863 0801
    int: +44 (0)20 7397 3001
    f: +44 (0)207 397 3009
    w: www.aat.org.uk

So I'm glad they have such a consistent approach to questions :p
Privacy Policy