Ftax

jilt
jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I logged in to Ftax last night and was surprised to see that all my credits have gone and I have to buy a new licence. I thought licences ran from April to March and I know there's only a few days of March left but I expected to be able to use it this week. Can anyone through any light on how their licences actually work.

Have tried to call them this morning but all I got was 'we can't take your call at the moment, send an email or leave a message'. This usually happens when I call them and although the software is great for the money (I don't want to sound like Glynis here) but this does infuriate me, especially when they go on to tell me what the opening hours are and I am within them.

Seems the prices have gone up again as well. Last year I bought Ftax practice 500 for £250 plus vat which gave me SA100s, SA800s and CT600, I think it was 100 of each not sure. This year the £250 one doesn't include CT600s so I will have to buy Ftax Practice which give me an unlimited supply of all three and costs £350 plus vat.

My requirements for current clients are 70ish SA100s, 6 SA800s and 11 CT600s. I have looked at Digita before but can't really afford it as I still run my practice on a part time basis. Just wondered if I may have overlooked an alternative, any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Jill,

Can't help you with the Ftax issues but I have just moved away from Digita. I really like the product but there were some more price rises plus a lot of staff changes. This coupled with some ixbrl issues last year and needing an additional user (expensive) made me consider my options.

I am now using Keytime. I thought there softwae was terrible several years ago but they have come a very long way since then. It is smooth and although the integration is not as good as Digita I now have two users on all modules (unlimited clients rather than restricted before) and I have saved myself some money too.

The costs are more than you are paying now but they are up front about these. I have so far (about 10 days) been fairly impressed - you can also file accounts direct to Companies House so saves all that re-typing into PDF's.
    Regards,

Burg
  • jilt
    Apparently my credits have disapeared becasue they are doing updates so I have to use the download area to sue the returns. I can't use the download data facility to import clients details into the returns but hey no problem I can enter manually, at least I can still file thats the main thing.

Have looked further into their new prices and I can buy them seperately to suit my needs which would cost me £275 plus vat so that's only a £25 increase. :001_smile: And finally for anyone that's as daft as me the licence runs for the tax year (doh!)
  • jilt
    burg wrote: »
    Jill,

Can't help you with the Ftax issues but I have just moved away from Digita. I really like the product but there were some more price rises plus a lot of staff changes. This coupled with some ixbrl issues last year and needing an additional user (expensive) made me consider my options.

I am now using Keytime. I thought there softwae was terrible several years ago but they have come a very long way since then. It is smooth and although the integration is not as good as Digita I now have two users on all modules (unlimited clients rather than restricted before) and I have saved myself some money too.

The costs are more than you are paying now but they are up front about these. I have so far (about 10 days) been fairly impressed - you can also file accounts direct to Companies House so saves all that re-typing into PDF's.

Thanks Ian, sorry our posts crossed. I will have a look at Keytime as I do like the idea of filing direct to companies house.
Privacy Policy