Awaiting Results...Tearing my hair out!

stephleedz
stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hi Everyone,

Sat my BTX exam 19th April 5 weeks ago today and still no news, its driving me insane! A girl on the course who sat her exam 17th April received her results 4 weeks and 6 days after sitting her exam.

I know there is nothing I can do to get them any quicker just wanted a bit of a rant!

Thanks
ยซ134

Comments

• babyria
    babyria Registered Posts: 27 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    i sat my btx resit on the 24th of april so i know how your feeling i hate the wait this year,
  • stephleedz
    Is this your last one your waiting for or do you have any more to go?
  • babyria
    i took budgeting yesterday, so waiting for that result to. and im taking financial statements next week, so will be waiting for that as well if i dont hear soon.
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I know how you feel - FNPF three weeks ago today and, even though I know there's no point, I can't help checking MyAAT twice a day.
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Jenny - I took FNPF 3 weeks and 1 day ago, and I'm trying to resist looking before 4 weeks! It should be my very final exam, so the pressure is really on! I can imagine that the bank holidays could cause more delays........
  • jenny3549
    Jenny - I took FNPF 3 weeks and 1 day ago, and I'm trying to resist looking before 4 weeks! It should be my very final exam, so the pressure is really on! I can imagine that the bank holidays could cause more delays........

Dammit - I forgot about the Bank Holidays. Bugger!

You're very disciplined if you can resist looking until the four week mark! I always say I won't but, what can I say, I'm weak willed!

This is also my final exam, well the final CBA, only have the project left. What do I mean only? Urghh.

What will you do GP after you get your results? Apart from a well earned break of course - any more study?
  • Curlymum
    Curlymum Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor โญ
    I took Financial Stetements resit on 18th April and Budgeting on 19th April and still waiting for results. I think I checked about 10 times yesterday but have only checked once today....so far!! I hope they come through soon. The rest of the class who took their Budgeting before the easter hols got their results exactly 6 weeks after they sat the exam.
  • rebecca2
    rebecca2 Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor โญ
    It's been a week since i took the CBE for Financial Performance and I'm already getting agitated over the wait ha! I think as it's my last exam (possibly!!) to qualify it's even worse.

Good luck to all who are waiting for results and hope you get that 'Competent' to celebrate!!
  • guinea pig
    Disciplined? no! once I start looking for the results, I can't help checking nearly every 20 minutes! its such a waste of time! I am getting agitated, as I cannot bear the thought of having to re-sit now......... I'm not planning to do any more studying, just enjoy having my weekends back.
    I keep wondering if there is a pattern to getting results, do they get sent on set days of the week? at set times? I expect I will have to wait until after the long weekend for my results (exam was 2nd May)
    Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Chelle
    Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    We've been told by our tutor that due to everyone having their exam results at staggered times, they are now sticking to their original plan of 6 weeks to the day of taking your exam.

I took FNP 5 weeks ago Thursday, so have another week and half to wait for the result that I already know I have got!
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Chelle wrote: ยป
    We've been told by our tutor that due to everyone having their exam results at staggered times, they are now sticking to their original plan of 6 weeks to the day of taking your exam.

I took FNP 5 weeks ago Thursday, so have another week and half to wait for the result that I already know I have got!

Hi Chelle how did you find FNPF? I have mine later today
  • Chelle
    For me personally it was the worst thing ever as I just don't understand any of it.

I came out crying, which I have never ever done with an exam before (just cried at the results!)

Others though found it ok, I just don't think my brain is geared up for that kind of thing!

Good luck with yours though x
  • Becky V
    Have you had your result back? Ah sorry to hear you were upset though!
  • Chelle
    Have to wait until a week Thursday for it
  • Focus888
    Focus888 Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor โญ
    Have you had your results yet Steph? I am waiting for the exact same exam and i did it on the exact same date as you. really driving me crazy, problem is i had a random theory question which is really bugging me so i am dying to know whether i passed this or not :(.
  • stockport
    stockport Registered Posts: 15 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I too took the same exam on the same date. I have heard nothing yet. So annoying as Financial performance result took 5 weeks and that included Easter.
  • stephleedz
    Nop still heard nothing...I feel your pain driving me nuts!!!!!!!!

Done quite well today as I have only checked about half a dozen times!

Fingers crossed they will come soon.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    A quick word of warning. AAT are comparably quick at turning around from an exam date to providing the results. If you are considering studying for exams after completing AAT, you may choose not to.

CIMA for example had exams last week, and candidates will know their results on 12 July 2012.
    ACCA and ICAEW have similar lead times.

Avoid these exams if you have found the wait unbearable while on AAT.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • guinea pig
    Good point - a colleague of mine is sitting ACCA, the exams can only be done on set dates, and then the results come out on a set date, so many weeks later.
    The flexibility for sitting AAT exams at our college has been good - we have generally decided within the class, a date and time suitable for everyone, and if timing is not suitable, sometimes individuals have taken exams at a different time, with another class.
    However, this does not stop me wanting my results NOW! and i've not quite reached the 4 week mark yet! I guess it will be at least another 2 weeks wait, its just that this one is so crucial, as it should be my last.
    Good luck to everyone waiting,
    GP
  • stephleedz
    Yeah planning on ACCA. If AAT said I would get my results on a specific day eg: Thursday 31st May after sitting the BTX exam 19th April, that's fine and actually preferable as at least then I would know when to expect them...it's guessing when we will receive them and not knowing that's a bugger!
  • Newts22
    Newts22 Registered Posts: 59 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hiya
    My wait is currently 4 weeks 1 day for FNST and 1 week 1 day for BGT, and I'm stressing now and so cannot concentrate on FNPF!! Been quite disciplined and only checking once per day ATM!
    Praying FNST come through before the double bank holiday next week as that would just be cruel lol!
    Good luck everyone who's waiting!
  • jenny3549
    Yeah planning on ACCA. If AAT said I would get my results on a specific day eg: Thursday 31st May after sitting the BTX exam 19th April, that's fine and actually preferable as at least then I would know when to expect them...it's guessing when we will receive them and not knowing that's a bugger!

Exactly!!

It's not waiting for the results that's the problem - it's not knowing when you will get them. If you knew you had to wait two months until x date that would be fine, you just forget about it until then. The difficulty here is that they can come out anywhere between 3 to 6 weeks - this means that you feel the need to keep checking as you don't want your results sitting there without you knowing.

Hence the torture, you start checking from about 3 weeks so it's constantly in the front of your mind.

I can't make up my mind whether or not the CBA route is preferable to the old style written exams. On the one hand, the flexibility of being able to sit them to suit yourself is great rather than having the two sittings per year. However, personally, I hate the computer exams (much, much prefer written exams) and would actually prefer a set results date so, overall, I don't know. Why can't we combine the best of both in some way? Answers on a postcard.....
  • Curlymum
    Curlymum Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor โญ
    Just received my Budgeting result....passed! I sat that on 19th April. Still waiting though for my Financial Statements resit result which I took the evening before the budgeting exam.

I took part in a Student Feedback Session yesterday at college with someone who reports back to AAT, I suggested that it would be better for everyones peace of mind that the results were issued on an exact date ie exactly 6 weeks after the exam. The lady said that the variation in the timescales of issuing the results depend on how many exams are being taken at that particular time. She said exams taken up to February usually come back fairly quickly as people are just taking the exams for the first time. But come March onwards more people are doing resits etc so the markers have the usual exams to mark plus the resits.
  • stephleedz
    YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have just found out after 5 weeks and 5 days of waiting (19th April) I have passed Business Tax! Fingers and toes crossed, touch wood and all that good stuff I only have 1 more exam todo FNST 17th July. Then on to ACCA!

Thanks guys and girlies for all your support x
  • babyria
    congratulations..... its been 5 weeks today since i took my btx resit.... hope i hear my result soon
  • iskcel
    iskcel Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor โญ
    Yippee, 5 weeks and 1 day since I took FNST and I found out today I PASSED, that's me done now I have now finished Technician level :-)

I have the biggest grin on my face now!!!!

HUGE congratulation to everyone else who has received there results and I hope those who haven't get them soon.
  • Chelle
    Just had my results through for FNPF, not quite 5 weeks ago it was took, so not sure what the tutors were talking about! Anyway, it's another resit for me :crying:
  • guinea pig
    Hi Chelle, sorry to hear that, did you get your feedback report?
    Hope that you can give yourself a short break, and that it falls into place better for the re-sit.
    Best wishes,
    GP
  • Chelle
    Hi GP

I'll get the report on Thursday when we go to college.

I'm going to leave the resit until after PTX (14th June) and Budgeting (21st June) as I just can't handle too much at once!
  • Becky V

I completely agree with you. Its the not knowing thats the pain. When i did my paper exams for level 3 i didnt think about the results until the about a week before they were due, but now i worry every day that i didnt do enough to pass!! Well done to everyone who has passe!! :)
Privacy Policy