AAT graduation ceremony!!

missm4ry4m
missm4ry4m Registered Posts: 177 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Hello people

I hope your studies are all going well! And good luck to those who have exams soon.

I just wanted know about this ceremony which will be awesome to attend. I have one more exam left in August. What are the requirements to register and attend this ceremony and does anyone know what dates it will be held?

Thank you all
Β«1

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    If you qualify, that is are accepted to membership and can use MAAT after your name, an invite will be sent out (my understanding). I think you need to have been elected to membership before the end of September and invites go out early October. All of this is subject to change I'm sure. I have not heard what the dates will be yet.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Sammys1987
    Sammys1987 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
    Oh what is this? Is it for everyone doing AAT or just certain collages ? Where do I find details?
  • Jo Clark
    It is for every student who becomes an elected member and also members who become FMAAT (fellow members).

Further details will be made available by the AAT once finalised.

Individual colleges may hold their own graduation ceremonies (mine didn't) so the AAT one should have a good attendance and be a great chance to meet fellow forum members :o
    Benjamin Franklin
  • missm4ry4m
    I have my last exam on the 27th of September now; I had to change it :(

Will I be able to attend this year?
  • Jo Clark
    Hello

It depends on the cut off date. Last year it was early October (if I recall correctly) and therefore, if you are not elected as a member by the cut off date you won't be eligible to attend - this is what happened to me last year.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • missm4ry4m
    I think I may just have to attend next year. If only I passed FNPF!! I'm really struggling with that exam!!
  • SamiH
    SamiH Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I've decided that next year, if I am invited, I will go.

I don't have a pick of me with a gown and mortarboard on to go on my wall yet, lol :D
  • missm4ry4m
    Do you need an invite? I thought you could just go lol
  • Jo Clark
    I think you need an invite so as to help AAT with the planning/number attending etc. You reply to accept/decline and if accepting how many guests etc. I could of course be wrong but that is my understanding. I think they took place October time last year so hopefully will hear something in a few weeks.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • km
    km Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor ⭐
    Where are they usually held at? I have just had my final result so I am hoping, if I get my membership completed, I might be able to get an invite to this. It would certainly be interesting to go to.
  • ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi all

Just to clarify some questions we've seen in this thread regarding AAT's award ceremony.

The ceremonies give you a chance to celebrate your membership progression. To be eligible to attend one of these events in 2013, you must achieve one of the following between 18 September 2012 and 13 September 2013.
    • Election to AAT full membership
    • Election to AAT fellow membership
    • Completion of 25 years full or fellow membership.
    Attendees will be presented with a commemorative certificate, and have the opportunity to celebrate and network with other AAT achievers and guests.

The ceremonies take place on Friday evenings during November and December. The schedule for 2013 is as follows:

1 November 2013 – London – Park Plaza Riverbank Hotel, 6.30pm

15 November 2013 – Birmingham – Edgbaston Cricket Club, 6.30pm

22 November 2013 – Bristol – Thistle Grand Hotel, 6.30pm

29 November 2013 – Manchester – The Point, Lancashire Cricket Club, 6.30pm

6 December 2013 – York – tbc

For those eligible you will receive an invitation email around 16 September 2013. You’ll need to complete and return this by post, fax or email with any payment to apply for a place. We allocate places strictly on a first come, first served basis – so it’s important to return your form as quickly as possible to maximise your chance.

Space at the ceremonies is limited and demand is high, so each member attending is automatically allowed to bring three guests at a cost of Β£20 each. If you wish to do so please make sure you tick the relevant box on your booking form and indicate the number.

If you would like to bring more guests please let us know in writing as soon as possible (i.e. enclose a note with your booking form or e-mail awardceremonies@aat.org.uk with the number of extra guests). No sooner than two weeks before each event we will allocate any remaining places to members’ extra guests in the order we received their requests. Extra guest places are charged at Β£20.

We ask members attending the ceremonies to dress smartly, but not to wear a cap & gown. If you wish to have a photo taken wearing a cap and gown, the photographers can provide these and take the picture in their mobile studio. You will not be able to wear them on stage. Some of the venues have a dress code of no trainers and t-shirts.

If you have anymore questions, please let me know.

Kind regards

Christian
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • Wendgj
    Wendgj Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    I have just taken my Financial Performance exam and if I pass I will be qualified :)

:001_smile:
    Hi all

Just to clarify some questions we've seen in this thread regarding AAT's award ceremony.

The ceremonies give you a chance to celebrate your membership progression. To be eligible to attend one of these events in 2013, you must achieve one of the following between 18 September 2012 and 13 September 2013.
    • Election to AAT full membership
    • Election to AAT fellow membership
    • Completion of 25 years full or fellow membership.
    Attendees will be presented with a commemorative certificate, and have the opportunity to celebrate and network with other AAT achievers and guests.

The ceremonies take place on Friday evenings during November and December. The schedule for 2013 is as follows:

1 November 2013 – London – Park Plaza Riverbank Hotel, 6.30pm

15 November 2013 – Birmingham – Edgbaston Cricket Club, 6.30pm

22 November 2013 – Bristol – Thistle Grand Hotel, 6.30pm

29 November 2013 – Manchester – The Point, Lancashire Cricket Club, 6.30pm

6 December 2013 – York – tbc

For those eligible you will receive an invitation email around 16 September 2013. You’ll need to complete and return this by post, fax or email with any payment to apply for a place. We allocate places strictly on a first come, first served basis – so it’s important to return your form as quickly as possible to maximise your chance.

Space at the ceremonies is limited and demand is high, so each member attending is automatically allowed to bring three guests at a cost of Β£20 each. If you wish to do so please make sure you tick the relevant box on your booking form and indicate the number.

If you would like to bring more guests please let us know in writing as soon as possible (i.e. enclose a note with your booking form or e-mail awardceremonies@aat.org.uk with the number of extra guests). No sooner than two weeks before each event we will allocate any remaining places to members’ extra guests in the order we received their requests. Extra guest places are charged at Β£20.

We ask members attending the ceremonies to dress smartly, but not to wear a cap & gown. If you wish to have a photo taken wearing a cap and gown, the photographers can provide these and take the picture in their mobile studio. You will not be able to wear them on stage. Some of the venues have a dress code of no trainers and t-shirts.

If you have anymore questions, please let me know.

Kind regards

Christian
  • Wendgj
    Wendgj Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    I have just sat my Financial Performance exam and hopefully will pass and finally qualify :)
    How do I go about getting Elected to AAT full membership? It would make myself and my family so proud if I was able to attend a graduation ceremony.
  • omega man
    omega man Registered Posts: 283
    Once you have passed you will get an e-mail asking you to apply for full membership.
    I cannot apply yet as i do not have 1 year of up to date relevant experience. I only have 6 years of old all-round manual accounting experience and also to add i was made company secretary.
  • Cudey
    Cudey Registered Posts: 138 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Once you have passed you will get an e-mail asking you to apply for full membership.
    I cannot apply yet as i do not have 1 year of up to date relevant experience. I only have 6 years of old all-round manual accounting experience and also to add i was made company secretary.

Hi Omega man,

How do you prove your experience?
  • Jo Clark
    You complete the work experience section of the application and enter details of your manager past/present etc. who can verify this. This is in addition to the requirement of professional reference.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • emuratty
    emuratty Registered Posts: 66 Epic contributor 🐘
    Anyone know how long it takes once you've applied?
  • Jo Clark
    I would imagine it depends on how quickly your professional reference and employers who are verifying experience take to reply. I was lucky in that I had completed all this before completing level 4 and therefore it only took a couple of weeks from what I can recall.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Lindux
    Lindux Registered Posts: 29 Epic contributor 🐘
    Jo Clark wrote: Β»
    I would imagine it depends on how quickly your professional reference and employers who are verifying experience take to reply. I was lucky in that I had completed all this before completing level 4 and therefore it only took a couple of weeks from what I can recall.

how long experience needa to be to get MAAT? Is there sort of hours/years?
  • Jo Clark
    I think it is two years... when you complete the process online it will tell you.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I applied for MAAT while I was awaiting my final exam result (this method also saves you Β£45). From start to finish it took a week after I got my final exam result to receive my certificate.
  • Jo Clark

I know it is only 17 September but wondered if anyone had received an invitation yet?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I know it is only 17 September but wondered if anyone had received an invitation yet?

I haven't. I became MAAT last October (feels like a long time ago now!) so I'm guessing I would be included in this year's round of invites.

Are you going Jo?
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Jenny

I am hoping I can go :o

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • emilygaches5
    emilygaches5 Registered Posts: 63 Epic contributor 🐘
    Anyone received an invite yet?? Does it come email or post? Thanks
  • Jo Clark
    Anyone received an invite yet?? Does it come email or post? Thanks

EMail invitation if you read the above post from ChristianB
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    EMail invitation if you read the above post from ChristianB

EMail received today and guest reservation made... just to note... it advises your booking is received but goes back to the booking screen... confirmation email to be received within 3 days. Could someone from AAT advise how much guests are as it is not on the webpage for bookings (not that I could see anyway).

Anyone going to London?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • emilygaches5
    emilygaches5 Registered Posts: 63 Epic contributor 🐘
    when I try book my place it comes up saying

Access denied
    You are not authorized to access this page

anyone else having this problem?
  • littlemissme
    littlemissme Registered Posts: 21 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Jo,

I believe it'S Β£20 for each guest as per the AAT's post on this thread. I received the e-mail yesterday and made the reservation for the London ceremony. I'm so excited, hope to see you there!!
  • Flosspot
    Flosspot Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Am disappointed the York one hasn't materialised as that is closer to me than Leeds.

That said I really wanted to attend one so have booked Leeds anyway! Anybody here going?
Privacy Policy