Cash Managment Level 4

Would any one be able to give any tips for preparation and revision tips, for this exam as im sitting this in
a week , would most appreciate the advice!!!

Comments

• Golebatax123
    Golebatax123 Registered Posts: 54
    I also need tips on this module im about to sit for exam.Please help us
  • klbookkeeping
    klbookkeeping Registered Posts: 37
    Hi
    I found the cash exam to be very different from the two practice assessments on the AAT website. There is so much to learn for this exam so it's difficult to pin point what is best to concentrate on so I would practice the Green Light and do all of the elearning and do as many practice papers that you can as the written questions carry a lot of marks. Also there is ten tasks and most of the people who sat the exam the same time as me were still typing when the 2.5 hrs was up.

Good luck, I'm sitting Budgeting tomorrow then only Auditing to go thank goodness.
  • Golebatax123
    Good luck :)
  • ChrisJ30
    ChrisJ30 Registered Posts: 93 New contributor 🐸
    I took the CA exam recently and can attest that the exam is very different. The second task took 25 minutes to complete. Consequently I ran out of time for the last two written questions.
  • ChrisJ30
    @klbookkeeping - do you know your exam result yet?
  • ChrisJ30
    @klbookkeeping - do you know your exam result yet?
  • klbookkeeping
    I failed....
  • MoEMusa
    MoEMusa Registered Posts: 6
    Hye all thanks for your comments, yes this isnt the only exam that gives surprises, I would recommend as others have get as many practice assessment exams you can aquire, all the best stay focus we are all in this together! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • MoEMusa
    James I haven't im just struggling a bit with pract exams.
  • MoEMusa
    Can any answer , Is the Cash management practice assessment got a bug as I have doubled checked my an sewers and also does the written task need as much information ans in the answers given from the AAT website??? Can any pls help??!! :)
  • ChrisJ30
    Just to update everyone...I found out today I failed the cash management exam....it was a very tough exam.....better luck next time I guess :(
  • Golebatax123
    try next time,myself im scared of it i failed it once :)
  • j1994
    j1994 Registered Posts: 106
    What came up for the written questions?
  • Golebatax123
    I cant remember but it was different from the ones in the assessment book
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Please do not answer j1994's question

j1994 you may have had an innocent request, but the words used here suggest that you want to know the content of a live assessment.
    Think more carefully if you are innocent, and word your requests better.
    If you really did want to know the content of a live assessment you need to know that is not allowed. Don't make the request.

j1994 I have copied this post from another thread. Please don't risk your membership and your future career as an accounting technician by asking for the content of live assessments.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • j1994
    oh sorry I never new
  • klbookkeeping
    Hi I took the cash exam today for the second time and felt so much more prepared than first time round but faced the same problem as the first time of running out of time. Some of the questions are so long winded that they take a long time to answer to the detriment of other questions not being answered fully.

I felt I had all of the knowledge to attempt all 10 tasks but I took too long on the senstivity analysis and didn't give full attention to the 3 written tasks which I feel disappointed about as I know I could of got decent marks.

Now it's just the long wait to see if I have passed as this is my last exam I really want to pass so I can progress with my career.

Hope you have all had better luck than me.
  • ChrisJ30
    Goodluck @klbookkeeping - I have my retake next week. If only the exam was as easy as the mock assessment. And why do the questions have to be so long winded anyway :(
  • klbookkeeping
    My exam yesterday was on par with the mock, not too many surprises but I think as I revised more in depth this time I was better equipped with the different scenarios. Good luck with yours.
  • Mamata1
    Mamata1 Registered Posts: 9
    Hi please can anybody solve my problem. AAT level 4 cash management practice assessment task 3. I can't get the answer match to the answer given in the answer sheet.
  • Mamata1
    Sorry practice assessment 1 and task3
  • j1994
    I'm struggling with the same question I know how to do 3a just not 3b
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I'm sure I am not alone in being available to help. Sadly I do not have the access rights to see the questions you have both referred to.
    If you take a snippy or print screen of these questions, attach them to an email and send it, or even post them here. I'll be able to see what you are referring to and be able to show you how to answer them.
    Yours
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • klbookkeeping
    I was struggling with it last week as I took my exam on Friday but I got it in the end, I will post the answer this afternoon as not at home at the minute.
  • j1994
    Thanks so much I'm so nervous for the exam after hearing everyone else's feedback of the exam
  • klbookkeeping
    Which part of task 3 are you stuck on or is it all of it?

I was really nervous but once I got my head around all of the practice questions it was ok.
  • j1994
    Hey It's task 3b assessment 1 2013 about total labour costs payments.how did you prepare for the exam?
  • Mamata1
    Also I am stuck task 3a in practice assessment 1.
  • klbookkeeping
    Hi Task 3a)

Period 4 receipts are made up of:-
    70% of Period 2 £151,725 (5057.50 units X £30 per unit)
    30% of Period 3 £67,320 (2244 units X £30 per unit)
    15% of Period 4 for cash sales £27,450 (915 units X £30 per unit)
    TOTAL £246,495

Period 5 receipts:-
    70% of Period 3 £157,080 (5236 units X £30 per unit)
    30% of Period 5 £46,665 (1555.5 units X £30 per unit)
    15% of Period 5 cash sales £24,300 (810 units X £30 per unit
    TOTAL £228,045

Trade Receivables balance at end of Period 5:-
  • klbookkeeping
    Task 3a
    Trade receivables balance at end of period 5 is forecast to be:-
    70% Period 4 £108,885 (3629.5 units X £30 per unit)
    85% Period 5 £137,700 (4590 units X £30 per unit)
    TOTAL £246,585
Privacy Policy