Credit Control Exam

Hi all

After having no luck with Btax exam for a couple of times, I decided to switch to Credit Control.
I am studying with the Osborne Books, I just started. It seems okay so far. Is the real exam any close to the AAT online one?
It is my last exam for Level 4 and I am feeling a bit nervous about it.
Any tips for this exam please? :) thanks :)

Also, with all of the changes that are happening in September, any ideas what will happen if we still got any exams left?

Many thanks
BJ xx
Believe you can and you're halfway there...

Comments

• zippi
    zippi Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi BJ

Yes the Credit Control exam is very similar to one on AAT website, infact it is the easiest of them all.

Also, if you have any exams left in September than don't worry, as long as you don't let your AAT membership lapse at all, you have got until 31st of December 2017 to sit your exam using existing standards AQ2013. I am sure you will be okay. All the best.

Zippi

• BlueJeans
    BlueJeans Registered Posts: 56
    Hi zippi :)
    Thanks a lot for the info. Hopefully I will be okay on this last exam, I will be so relieved once it's over. :)

Good luck to you too xx :)
  • And
    And Registered Posts: 82
    it is quite relatively easy credit control exam and it is very similar to the practice assessments :) do you have any tips for FPFM please blue jeans because the my exam always pops up a different exam always :/ even for the trends and seasonally variations it always was a difficult one :/ did it ever occur to you?
  • zippi
    Me too BJ, same goes for you.
  • BlueJeans
    BlueJeans Registered Posts: 56
    Thanks Zippi & And :)

And, I know how frustrating it is when you study and fail.
    My best advice would be, keep going through everything in the book.
    Myself, every time I come out of the exams, I write notes in unusual activities I had and I try to go through that again in case I need to re-sit.
    Concentrate on formulaes, even if you don't know how to relate to the activity, just explain briefly the formulae, what does it mean etc...you surely will get few points for that and in no case whatsoever do not leave anything blank, write something, anything.

I am sure next time you will nail it.... best of luck BlueJeans :) xx
  • And
    And Registered Posts: 82
    hehehe thanks for the best advice this is my last aat exam and I will finish level 4 and start ACCA in December :) The only thing that frustrates me is that my exam is the hardest than others and in my result breakdown I exceeded in all of the activities and below in the written sections and that what keeps me motivated :) did it ever occur to you that maybe yours or some one else did not have the same assessment like in the books, because those found in the books are quite relatively easy :/ good luck for your last exam I am sure you will pass from it best of luck to you too! xx :)
  • Golebatax123
    Golebatax123 Registered Posts: 54
    hi

Any tips for credit control please especially on task 5 and 7,this is my last exam,any comments will be much appreciated. =)
  • zippi
    Hi

This is actually one of the easiest e
  • zippi
    edited May 2017
    Comment removed

[A Contribution must not disclose any material from live assessments, AAT-produced or otherwise]
  • Golebatax123
    external auditing
  • zippi
    Thank you, I have yet to do external auditing after attempting cash management few times. How did you find external auditing? Was it easy to get through?

Any advice would be helpful especially written tasks. Thanks.
  • Golebatax123
    hope i will pass it end of this month and this is the last module im left with
  • zippi
    How did you find external auditing? Did you manage to get through first time?

Good luck
  • Golebatax123
    i passed it for the second time,its only to read time again and understand it, do assessment many times you will get it.Good luck! =)
  • zippi
    Thank you appreciate this.
  • Golebatax123
    hi all
    just got my results for credit control i failed :'(:'( please help with tips.
  • Mamata1
    Mamata1 Registered Posts: 9
    Hi All, AQ2013 credit control Sample assessment 1 and task 7, How to calculate below calculations for Botton Ltd.
    -If these options are not acceptable debt of £12000 and make a credit insurance claim of £28000.
    - VAT of £8000 may be reclaimed from HMRC once the debt is six months overdue and has been written off in the company's accounts.
  • gagan
    gagan Registered Posts: 69
    @Mamata1
    Hi,
    It is mentioned in the procedures that the company is insured 70% therefore £48000/6=£8000 for vat and rest is £40000*70%=£28000 for insurance claim.
    Hope this helps.
  • Golebatax123
    @gagan
    hi
    please help with tips on written tasks 5 and 7
  • gagan
    @Golebatax123
    Hi
    I still haven't attempt exam as yet.
    but doing it tomorrow:)
    will give you feedback tomorrow
    but with my practice experience i believe they are looking for only main points.
  • Golebatax123
    @gagan

Thank you.
  • gagan
    @Golebatax123

You are welcome
  • Golebatax123
    Hi all
    please help how to work out this question

A company has normal payment terms of 30 days net.It is considering offering a 1.5% prompt payment discount for payment in 21 days.what is the approximate annual equivalent percentage cost of offering this discount?
  • gagan
    @Golebatax123
    hi you need scientific calculator for this
    to work out on scientific calculator (1.5/100-1.5)*(365/30-21)*100=61.76%
    this is example of simple interest
  • gagan
    @Golebatax123
    I just read your question again are they asking compound interest or simple interest because there are two types of annul costs of discount
  • gagan
    @Golebatax123
    1 is simple
    2 is compound
  • Golebatax123
    @gagan

Thank you =)
  • Golebatax123
    please differentiate for me factoring with recourse and without recourse,invoice discounting.
  • gagan
    @Golebatax123
    recourse; where a factoring company manages the trade receivable (ledger balance) and they deal with the customer; this is expensive than non recourse factory
    non recourse;where business does not sell its ledger to factoring company because they dont want to break the relationship with their customer
    hope this helps
    I have exam today
  • Golebatax123
    good luck all the best!
Privacy Policy