Qualification being withdrawn!!!??

Hi all,

I have noticed after logging in tonight that on the home page it has "Your level 1 qualification is being withdrawn. You have until September 2018 to complete."

Slightly concerned about this as I have NO idea what this means?? I am due to finish the qualification in July anyway but can anyone tell me what this means? Or if it is normal?

Thanks

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I'm not 100% but I think it may be that you are on AQ2013. AQ2013 is being replaced by AQ2016. Those who remained on AQ2013 have only a limited time to complete. I think you can transfer. Best speak to your training provider and/or AAT.
    Regards,

Burg
  • luce_xo
    luce_xo Registered Posts: 5
    That would make sense but I am already doing 2016 as I started last September and people who had done 2013 were in my class re-doing certain units.
  • DannyT90
    DannyT90 Registered Posts: 158
    I've just seen the same thing, yet I've completed level 1 already so unsure what it means??
  • DannyT90
    Thanks for that. So my level 1 award in accounting (Access) will no longer be a recognised certificate? Is it best to get in contact with my training provider?
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    DannyT90 said:

Thanks for that. So my level 1 award in accounting (Access) will no longer be a recognised certificate? Is it best to get in contact with my training provider?

Hi @DannyT90, if you have the qualification already it will continue to be recognised, however, we won't be offering this to new students in the future and those who have partly completed will need to finish this before September 2018.

Hope that helps to clear things up.
  • DannyT90
    Ok yes that helps thank you.
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    Out of interest what was studied at level 1?

I started at level 3.

Have you covered Payroll during 1 and 2, how about CIS?
  • DannyT90
    Just learnt payroll with unit 2 in level 2.

Level 1 is for people with no experience/knowledge with accounting. So a lot about termology, financial documents and mathematics in accounting.

Helped me a lot to understand what I'm learning now, otherwise it would of taken me abit longer to know certain things.
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    That's good, at least you gained value from it.

I assume what they are taking away from level 1 will be incorporated within the new syllabus due to replace said level 1.
  • DannyT90
    Yeah sounds like it, I would of like to do the accounting software one as most jobs ask for experience in that field but it's covered in unit 4 level 2 anyways.
Privacy Policy