Synoptic Pre-Release Material

Hi guys,

I've come across a pre-release material for live assessments on the aat website. Is this the pre-release material for all synoptic assessments?? My tutor told us we'd receive the material at least a week before the exam?

Comments

• Yalda20
    Yalda20 Registered Posts: 77
    Hi SabrinaA,
    My tutor was not too sure as well so I contacted AAT myself and they said that this is the pre-release material for all synoptic assessments. Can I please ask how are you preparing for this assessment? Many thanks.
  • SabrinaA
    SabrinaA Registered Posts: 5
    Thanks Yalda20.

I'm preparing by reading through the Osborne accounting systems and controls tutorial book and working through the activities and practising assessments. I've also got a BPP summary of Financial statements, decision & control and budgeting so I'll be reading through that to recap.

I've heard the synoptic is similar to aat practise assessments so I'm putting my faith in that!

Do you have any tips?

Thanks.
  • Yalda20
    Yalda20 Registered Posts: 77
    edited May 2017
    You are welcome SabrinaA-

Some students are saying that the live assessments were similar to the AAT sample students and some students are saying that it was very different so I am not sure I can fully relay on the AAT sample assessments.

1: I have read through the Osborne accounting systems and controls tutorial book and working through the activities and practising assessments like your self. Not really confident so need to read through things again.

2: I have also read through the Osborne synoptic workbook which is kind of useful.

3: I am have prepared SWOT analysis on the pre-released material.

4: I have prepared 5 recommendations against the weaknesses that I have identified.

5: I have made some notes about different types of budgeting and its advantages and disadvantages

6: Made some notes on costing etc

7: Made some notes on Sustainability and ethical practices linked them all to the live material

8: planning to read through all the written parts of all the three mandatory books and then practice some calculations. I am not going to revise variances or preparing FS etc I really hope they dont come in the assessment.

When are you taking this exam? I am taking it on the 20th of May.

Thank you
Privacy Policy