Exam Results?!

Has anyone who sat their synoptic exam in March received the results yet?

Comments

• blackmilk
    blackmilk Registered Posts: 2
    I haven't received mine. Six weeks and two days...
  • charley22
    charley22 Registered Posts: 7
    I just spoke to my tutor and she said 6 weeks after the synoptic window so we should have them tomorrow but they may be available on myaat tonight. That's me checking all night!
  • GeorgiaH
    GeorgiaH Registered Posts: 107
    edited May 2017
    I am due to sit mine in 2 weeks. Do you have any tips?

P.s good luck for your results :+1:
  • amber8382
    amber8382 Registered Posts: 5
    charley22, hope you don't mind me asking, how did you find this synoptic exam? Was it difficult? My exam scheduled for end of May and it seems a very tricky one.
  • charley22
    I was very worried about the written part but that was actually a lot better than I expected! I felt that part went really well! I wasn't worried about the excel part as I am confident with excel but there are three tasks and I didn't even get half way through the 3rd task!! So just be careful with your time I'd say. Maybe allocate time to each one so that you move on and have chance to attempt all. My time management wasn't very good at all so think this had let me down! Think it was worth 15 marks so I've dropped all of them straight away so I am not feeling very confident about my results!
  • amber8382
    charley22,It sound like you did a great job! Yes, did heard a lot about spreadsheet part, most of us will probably struggle to complete.
  • charley22
    Yeah a few people from my class had the same problems. I gave this feedback to my tutor who passed it on to AAT because she said they would want feedback as it was the first busy window for Synoptic. So hopefully if a lot of people are reacting the same they may re evaluate the time given for the excel part... I doubt it will make a difference but fingers crossed it does!!
  • Lindad
    Lindad Registered Posts: 2
    I am still waiting for my results too!

Couldn't finish the last Excel task either, I thought I was working too slowly, apparently it wasn't just me then!

Fingers crossed for all of us!
  • MarieArmstrong
    MarieArmstrong Registered Posts: 6
    Results are out today. Can I please ask what college you go to and how many students sat this exam and also the pass rate as I believe its very hard to pass. Good luck with your results
  • amber8382
    Hi charley22, just wandering how did you get on with your synoptic exam? Hope you did pass! Was they been to harsh for scoring a spreadsheet task?
  • Courtney1996
    Courtney1996 Registered Posts: 4
    I am still waiting for my results today - nothing yet!
  • Ree91
    Ree91 Registered Posts: 11
    I haven't got mine either yet, the wait is so hard!
  • Lindad
    Lindad Registered Posts: 2
    I've got ny results last Friday. It wasn't too hard, just not enough time to finish all tasks.

I have no idea about pass rates, sorry! It was only me writing synoptic at that time (FI Luton).
  • charley22
    I failed! 66% was the last 2 excel tasks that I lost out on. Not sure how many passed from our class. Going to have to resit in July.
  • amber8382
    Aww, that is so not fair!!! Considering that you did very well on the 1st Part of the synoptic ! I'm really dreading this exam in less than two weeks as I'm not confident in Excel at all.
    Keep positive and sure you'll have a good chance for passing next time.
  • Courtney1996
    Courtney1996 Registered Posts: 4
    Just got mine, I failed too 64%, waiting to hear from the rest of my class to see how they got on.
  • SydneyBarrett
    SydneyBarrett Registered Posts: 2
    I didnt get mine yet :(
  • Mike Webster
    Mike Webster Registered, Tutor Posts: 203 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    A tip is to do tasks 6 & 7 before task 5 as they carry more marks.
    Michael JH Webster AATQB FMAAT
  • charley22
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the tip
  • Demie
    Demie Registered Posts: 7
    I sat mine yesterday, and my whole class round the spreadsheets ridiculously hard as it was on a much older version of excel when we were all using the newest version to revise on, was this the case for everyone on here too?
  • Jeff
    Jeff Registered Posts: 11
    Home is Excel 2010, work is Excel 2013, College is Excel 2016.
    However, surely the only difference are where things are located, and surely you do the exam using the software at college
  • charley22
    One of my class mates had the same issue with the different versions of excel. Yes the differences are where things are located but in an exam that is already extremely time pressured, wasting time looking for functions can have a big impact. Did you have the extra 15 minutes when you sat the exam a couple of days ago?
  • Jeff
    Jeff Registered Posts: 11
    Yes, and even then, timing was a push
  • Mike Webster
    Mike Webster Registered, Tutor Posts: 203 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    A tip is to do tasks 6 & 7 before task 5 as they carry more marks.
    Michael JH Webster AATQB FMAAT
Privacy Policy