Appealing for SYNOPTIC Level 4 results?

Mokshharesh782
Mokshharesh782 Registered Posts: 22
Hello guys! I need your help to make decision for APPEALING :/

I had my synoptic assessment result today and have scored 69%.
passing is 70% and I am thinking about making an APPEAL?

Is it a good idea? I haven't heard about any successful appeal yet...

what should I do?

Comments

• Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
  • lannieloo
    lannieloo Registered Posts: 95
    I feel your pain!! I got 68%!! It's a joke!!
    But as far as I've heard appeals never get us anywhere!!! Perhaps like decision and control we all need to complain and get the questions looked at?
  • Mokshharesh782
    I appreciate for your reply...
    @lannieloo We are just 1% and 2% back of pass rate.
    Synoptic for level 4 has more than 60% of written task so I feel they might rise our percentage by maybe 1% or 2% if we appeal. because I genuinely feel that there is a problem same as MADC.
    pass rate for synoptic is more worse than MADC.
  • lannieloo
    How do we appeal??
  • Mokshharesh782
    edited May 2017
    I don't know but they charge about £30 Approximately.
    Have to phone call them on monday and ask for more information.
    Can I know how much percentage of students from your class passed Synoptic?
  • lannieloo
    Only 5 out of my class of 15 felt strong enough to sit it, as we have all passed all exams strongly so far... and the 5 results were, 58%, 68%, 69%, 72% & 72%... definitely something wrong here!!
  • lannieloo
    I've just looked online and you email them (there is a link on the website) you send a blank Email and they reply with the details... we only have 10 days to do it!
  • Mokshharesh782
    edited May 2017
    Where is the link? Can u send me bro?
  • lannieloo
    appeals@aat.org.uk
    Just send a blank email... the more of us to appeal the better!!
  • Mokshharesh782
    Yeah true!! I will ask all the class members to complain as well
  • lannieloo
    I think we need to get across the message there was an issue with the questions similar to decision and control!
  • JayKallee
    JayKallee Registered, Tutor Posts: 92
    edited May 2017
    If they increase your result by 1 - 2 % then it will only be fair to raise everyone's mark by 1-2% and how would AAT explain that? Would they admit they got it wrong the first time?Does those who had 67% if raised to 69% not be feeling the same as you are.
  • lannieloo
    What mark did you receive jaykallee?
    They realised they make a mistake with decision and control last month and awarded everyone an extra 10%, luckily I passed the exam without the increase but anyone sitting it Now gets the extra 10% too!
    I would have thought they would have ensured lightening didn't strike twice though!
  • BradleyClaridge
    BradleyClaridge Registered Posts: 30
    I tried appealing for one of my exams but it is a very hard process and they won't allow you to appeal if it goes over 10 days since you received your results, If I was you I would put in an appeal quickly as once it goes over 10 days it can be very hard.
    I'm currently studying AAT Level 4! as part of my Finance Apprenticeship
  • lannieloo
    What was your outcome??
    I've spent all morning filling mine out!
    Time I could have been revising for my business tax exam :-(
    Do we know of any successful appeals??
  • BradleyClaridge
    I tried appealing for the budgeting exam as I had an issue with the written questions, I had significantly below and below requirement but I came out of the exam thinking I had done more then enough to pass the exam, I wanted a re-mark as I wanted a second opinion on my written answers, I think it is very hard to get an appeal, if you ring AAT on the phone they can give you the information but it might not be the answer your hoping for.
    I got 68% on my budgeting exam and I felt confident with my written answers so a change from significantly below to even a borderline might have made the difference.
  • Mokshharesh782
    Thnks for ur time mate!!
    But did u appeal? Or it was too late for appeal?
    What was the percentage before and after appeal?
  • BradleyClaridge
    I didn't appeal as it was after 10 days and I wasn't aware of a time limit
  • JayKallee
    edited May 2017
    Something does not look quite right since our students who used to get distinctions just scraped through the synoptic. It is very unlikely AAT will remark anyones paper and accept having wrongly marked. However if AAT do realise there is a mistake in the marking scheme then that will be a different matter, similar to MDCL and hopefully they will up all results by a certain percentage. By the way I did not take any exam since I am in the teaching team. I am sure AAT is aware by now that there may be something wrong with this unit's marking scheme. We have been in contact with AAT and awaiting their reply.
    All the best.
  • lannieloo
    Hi Jaykallee, I'm confused as your first comment suggested you didn't think an increase was justified? I'm not wanting an increase just for mine, but to them all like decision and control... however as a tutor do you think they will have ensured these results were absolutely correct following the decision and control fiasco?
  • JayKallee
    edited May 2017
    That's correct, I did not say an increase in your marks is not justified but very unlikely for AAT to admit that the assessor incorrectly marked your script. As I mentioned earlier it would be a different game if AAT realise there is something wrong with their overall marking scheme (similar to MDCL) than your individual marking. Hope it's the latter. Hope this clears your confusion to my earlier comment. All the best.
  • lannieloo
    So would you recommend I complained about the exam rather then appeal?
    In the comments on my appeal I basically complain about the exam not just my results...
  • JayKallee
    edited May 2017
    I believe appeal means getting your script remarked at a fee of £30 or so. You should get your tutors to complain on behalf of all the students regarding the results and which I believe does not correlate with previous results. It's just a suggestion but you are free to appeal if you wish to and pay them a fee. I really hope they have got this one wrong too just as they did with MDCL. We should hopefully hear from them very soon.
  • louby1972
    louby1972 Registered, Tutor Posts: 3
    One of my students is showing as not yet competent on secure assess, but competent with 76% on the AAT website. So I wonder if an additional mark has already been added like the MDCL!!!!
  • lannieloo
    Yea we thought that, however my tutor was told they are not to look at the mark on the feedback form anymore as they are all showing as not yet competent regardless of the %...how many students passed and failed in your class??
  • Mokshharesh782
    Thanks for everyone's time for replying...
    We have just 2 students passes in our class from 20!
    Is it possible for me to know what are pass rate going on for other colleges?
    We as whole class have decided to complain AAT.
  • lannieloo
    do you think tutor complaints will carry more weight than us appealing? I'm sure my tutor would complain! Do they do that to customer services? And the more tutors who do it the better!
  • Mokshharesh782
    We are paying more than 2.5 grand for level 4 and facing problems because of the way of reporting results... I used to recommend my friends to do aat but seems not do recommend now to anyone!!
    Aat is aware of synoptic pass rate and I also think that they might have already increased some percentages but haven't announced yet
  • Mokshharesh782
    They should take some positive action for people doing aat
  • student
    student Registered Posts: 44
    It was very disappointing and demotivating for me financial statement :above 90% MDCL:above 80% budgeting :above 90% and Synoptic 67% , to be honest I can hardly concentrate on my next exam.
Privacy Policy