What kind of salary should I be on?

I work in Manchester city centre and will be AAT qualified come September. I personally don't think I am paid enough for my job, of which a lot is auditing.

I was wondering what kind of salary other people are one who are in the same/similar position.

Comments

• Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    edited May 2017
    What are you employed as? Your actual job title/main duties?

When you say AAT qualified - to what level? 3? 4?

Also how big is the company? Multi-office or singular? etc?
  • Callum
    Callum Registered Posts: 8
    I'm an accounts and audit trainee, but level 4. And it is a singular office with around 50 employees and 5 partners. We have a fairly large amount of clients.
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    And your salary is?
  • Callum
    £13,250.
  • Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    edited May 2017
    It seems on the low side - how old are you? Presumably on a salary of £13,250 you're under 25 as the minimum for 25+ is £7.50/hr. Are the company funding your AAT studies? That's a cost that technically you can consider a benefit also.

Unfortunately small businesses do expect more per person than larger businesses so it's not uncommon to be doing things outside of your role with little financial incentive, but perseverance is key and they'll acknowledge you.

Might want to look at the AAT salary survey 2015: https://www.aat.org.uk/sites/default/files/assets/AAT-salary-survey-2015.pdf
  • Callum
    Thanks man, I think it is low to be honest. I'm 20 by the way.
  • Bertie
    Are you on an apprenticeship?
  • Bertie
    It's quite annoying how accepted answers shoot to the top - especially as I generally will go beneath my posts if I return.
  • Callum
    I thought that then. I get the general idea, but it doesn't make much sense if the conversation continues... but to be honest, I started as an apprentice, so I'm not sure if I still class as one or not haha
Privacy Policy