69% - should I appeal?

I have just had my exam result back from my retake of Financial Statements and I got 69%, I was so prepared going into the exam. Should I appeal? Has anyone heard of this working/helping?

Comments

• AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Hi @Courtney1996, we cannot advise you to appeal or not however we can say that if you appeal your result could go up, down or stay the same. If it goes up by any percentage you will pass. With that in mind you can decide.
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    I think there is a fee to appeal.

Personally I'd just resit.
  • Courtney1996
    Courtney1996 Registered Posts: 4
    @AAT_Team can you tell me how long it takes for a review?
  • Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    edited May 2017
    > @AAT_Team said:
    > Hi @Courtney1996, we cannot advise you to appeal or not however we can say that if you appeal your result could go up, down or stay the same. If it goes up by any percentage you will pass. With that in mind you can decide.

I thought with appeals the option was it goes up or remains the same? I've never known an appeals process reduce your mark.
  • xciteuk86
    xciteuk86 Registered Posts: 2
    @Courtney1996 I recently failed my Decisons and Control exam and got 69% and I decided to get it re-marked. It took 20 working days from the date they receive your appeal and it costs £30. I wasn't hopeful as I've yet to hear of any success stories regarding remarks, and as it turns out I was right. Got the email today that the 69% stands, they do give you a brief breakdown question by question on where you went particularly wrong, however in decisions and control there were 2 questions that were essay like and I'm sure they could've found one extra mark...but not in my case. In my opinion it's completely pointless.
  • JayKallee
    JayKallee Registered, Tutor Posts: 92
    edited June 2017
    Irrorate said:

> @AAT_Team said:

> Hi @Courtney1996, we cannot advise you to appeal or not however we can say that if you appeal your result could go up, down or stay the same. If it goes up by any percentage you will pass. With that in mind you can decide.

I thought with appeals the option was it goes up or remains the same? I've never known an appeals process reduce your mark.

With appeal you are requesting your script to be reviewed, hence it may go up, down or remain the same. You may be confusing yourself with resit to improve your overall grade at the end, this is where you resit and you may get a better grade but if you don't you keep your previous grade.

• Zedeldesire
    Zedeldesire Registered Posts: 13
    > @JayKallee said:
    > > @AAT_Team said:
    >
    > > Hi @Courtney1996, we cannot advise you to appeal or not however we can say that if you appeal your result could go up, down or stay the same. If it goes up by any percentage you will pass. With that in mind you can decide.
    >
    >
    >
    > I thought with appeals the option was it goes up or remains the same? I've never known an appeals process reduce your mark.
    >
    > With appeal you are requesting your script to be reviewed, hence it may go up, down or remain the same. You may be confusing yourself with resit to improve your overall grade at the end, this is where you resit and you may get a better grade but if you don't you keep your previous grade.

Hi,

Does anyone appeal as an external student?

In myAAT I put Kaplan as my training provider, however I do not study with Kaplan. I just buy books and study on my own.
    I took an financial performance exam recently at an aat center the result wasn't successful.
    I believe my exam wasn't marked correctly, furthermore the computer screen got frozen and lost few minutes(the centre said they had reported the matter).
    I read that to appeal I have to get the support of my training provider. In my case as I don't study with Kaplan (external student) therefore I don't have a training provider.

Does anyone appeal as an external student?

Many thanks for your quick reply.
    I need to file the appeal ASAP, please share your experience.

Dez
  • SusanC
    SusanC Registered Posts: 23
    @Zedeldesire - How can you appeal as an external student, if you have classed yourself as having a training provider? Good luck with that.
Privacy Policy