Appealing for SYNOPTIC Level 4 results?

Comments

• JayKallee
    JayKallee Registered, Tutor Posts: 92
    edited June 2017
    lannieloo said:

I'm gutted they gave an appeals system but no results are ever uplifted!

Doesn't give us much hope!!

Did you get a response to your appeal?
  • lannieloo
    lannieloo Registered Posts: 95
    No not yet, I expect it next week, it it's obvious what the result is though ☹️ Did you appeal?
  • Ellada
    Ellada Registered Posts: 43
    Hi guys! Does anyone pass synoptic??? Please, give us your top tips to pass... Im going to take mine in July...
  • Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    Ellada said:

Hi guys! Does anyone pass synoptic??? Please, give us your top tips to pass... Im going to take mine in July...

You've commented on both a L3 and a L4 synoptic thread - which one are you taking? Very different exams.
  • JayKallee
    edited June 2017
    lannieloo said:

No not yet, I expect it next week, it it's obvious what the result is though ☹️ Did you appeal?

No, I am one of the tutors

• JayKallee
    edited June 2017
    Students are now receiving response regarding their appeals. Let us know if AAT amended your result or any feedback given.
  • Ellada
    Im going to take L3 synoptic but would be nice to have as much advices as possible, even from L4
  • JayKallee
    edited June 2017
    Ellada said:

Im going to take L3 synoptic but would be nice to have as much advices as possible, even from L4

Ellada - Just to let you know current L4 students did not do L3 synoptic, so it would be better for you to post this query to L3 group since quite a few students have taken the synoptic.

• Ellada
    Yes, you're right! Thank you
  • lannieloo
    Today is 20 working days for me... not including the day I submitted my form... and taking into account the bank holiday... where is my response??
  • SueFW
    SueFW Registered Posts: 84
    @lannieloo that could be a good sign you never know. I'd phone them up xx
  • lannieloo
    I've called them... they seemed to think there was more bank holidays than there was and had the date down they received it wrong! I'll find out Thursday!
    So it's ok for them to make mistakes...
  • SueFW
    edited June 2017
    @lannieloo that's terrible you put yours in around the same time as me and I got mine last Friday they are just too bad I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you xx
  • lannieloo
    @JayKallee as a tutor do you know of any uplift in scores?
  • JayKallee
    lannieloo said:

@JayKallee as a tutor do you know of any uplift in scores?

Some of our students appealed and AAT maintained their initial results.

• SueFW
    edited June 2017
    They seem to be doing this on all appeals like they did with MDCL, but how long can they continue with mass failure rates? The next window of Synoptics is in a few weeks and they could end up with the same problem with a lot of complaints and appeals.
  • gagan
    gagan Registered Posts: 69
    @Mokshharesh782
    did you get your appeal report?
  • lannieloo
    I sure did!
    The feedback wasn't great In respect of nothing to help me revise. Telling me I have misunderstood a question doesn't help me learn why I did!
    Back to the drawing board!
  • steady88
    steady88 Registered Posts: 25
    I have my exam in a couple of weeks. Do we know how many have passed this exam first time yet, or how many resits have been taken?

I am hoping to push for 80% on this exam, as I'd like a merit for level 4, but I've never been the strongest with exams, so I feel if those who are always getting 90% plus are struggling, then I don't have much chance.
  • Vi2017
    Vi2017 Registered Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Wrong board...
  • lannieloo
    Yea I've mostly scored in the 90's but would be happy with 70 on this one...
  • SueFW
    edited June 2017
    I found out yesterday I failed my Cash & Treasury Management 64% it just gets worse most of the questions I'd not seen before, mostly in different formats the resources available are inadequate therefore a resit strikes again! Wonder what the results are like for the May Synoptics! Hopefully there'll be floods of appeals and complaints lol.
  • lannieloo
    Aww @SueFW I'm so sorry to hear this!!
    I tell you something that's bugged me from my feedback... I got the question in the first task wrong about the appointment of auditors... I selected directors... so the answer must have been shareholders... however I don't agree as they are first appointed by the directors and can be reappointed do by the shareholders... ??? Did anyone else have this question??
  • SueFW
    Yes I did I got that wrong too I put the same as you!
  • JayKallee
    edited June 2017
    > @lannieloo said:
    > Aww @SueFW I'm so sorry to hear this!!
    > I tell you something that's bugged me from my feedback... I got the question in the first task wrong about the appointment of auditors... I selected directors... so the answer must have been shareholders... however I don't agree as they are first appointed by the directors and can be reappointed do by the shareholders... ??? Did anyone else have this question??

- May I remind you guys, you are not allowed to discuss actual live exam questions.
  • lannieloo
    Oups yes sorry totally forgot and I can't seem to delete it!
    It's not like I'm giving anyone a hand here rather the opposite as I'm flagging an issue that needs looking into!
    I should however have emailed them direct which I shall do on Monday!
  • SueFW
    I can't delete my reply either although I haven't actually mentioned the contents of the question in my post, However I would agree @lannieloo that there may be a problem with this particular question and it needs to be flagged. Whilst I agree with the rules and do not normally join in discussions of live questions there are so many problems that are placing students at an unfair disadvantage that it is hard not to share one of these disadvantages. I will take this up with AAT too.
  • lannieloo
    Just looked into it, only the group leaders and moderators can delete the posts.
    Oupsy :-(
  • SueFW
    edited June 2017
    Don't worry @lannieloo it is easily done and I've seen so many posts where people have discussed live questions AAT will take it off anyway but they will never stop discussion of live questions whether on a forum or within students and if the exams were paper based they were easier to discuss as even the tutors could see the questions!
  • Kelly87
    Kelly87 Registered Posts: 6
    How did everyone get on with appealing the Synoptic
    Just had results through and did not think I deserve that mark!
Privacy Policy