Exam question

Options
I've been working as a Finance Manager for quite a few years and and so have a fair bit of bookkeeping experience but not many qualifications. I did take the level 3 exams many years ago when it was a three part exam and passed two but failed one. I should have persisted but lapsed. Are there many mature students taking AAT?

I'm thinking of taking level three again. Can anyone tell me how many individual exams you have to take for the 2016 syllabus? Also would it be unrealistic to just study from the books rather than say an online course?

Comments

• KEROUAC
    KEROUAC Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks very much for the replies. I'm 51 and was a bit worried about feeling like I'd stick out like a sore thumb going into exams with some youngsters so you've eased my mind a bit. I'm also stuck in a bit of a rut in my job and hoping this can help me move forward.
  • annvboys
    annvboys Registered Posts: 53
    Options
    KEROUAC said:

Thanks very much for the replies. I'm 51 and was a bit worried about feeling like I'd stick out like a sore thumb going into exams with some youngsters so you've eased my mind a bit. I'm also stuck in a bit of a rut in my job and hoping this can help me move forward.

You will be fine. Going to college is fun too. Meet all different people from different places. Do it!! (and by the time you do, AAT will hopefully have sorted out the cock up that has been the implementation of synoptics!!)
  • agnes852
    agnes852 Registered Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello all,

We used to get a green lightest or past exam questions to practice for AQ2013. Do you know where can I get a practice question for AQ2016 Advanced Bookkeeping ?

Many thanks,
  • dahlia
    dahlia Registered Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi @agnes852 - once you're logged into AAT, access this link:
    https://www.aat.org.uk/training/study-support/search
    You should be able to access the study support materials for all modules from there.
  • agnes852
    Options
    Hi Dahlia,

Thank you for your reply. But it only showed all the AQ2013 questions not the AQ2016.
  • Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    Options
    If you're not enrolled on AQ2016 you won't see the study materials unfortunately.
  • Multiplicator
    Multiplicator Registered Posts: 116
    Options
    yes ! or no !
    I am 65 - and I am treated no differently to outside, College very committed to my sight problems and I sit at the front with a large printed handout. The olds such as myself bring a different view point to the youngsters

You better read the Level 3 comments on AVSY
    before enrolling
    on which Dahlia, myself, Annv and Linmoy have commented - somewhat acidly
    I am not sure if we would recommend the course .... well I wouldnt anyway
  • agnes852
    Options
    Thank you all for the answer. I need to contact AAT to enrol the AQ2016.
Privacy Policy