Synoptic assessment vs ISYS project

Hi all,

I realy need your advise.
I'm currently studying the level 4 on the AQ2013. I only have the ISYS project left. I have been told by few training providers that I will have to complete the draft by September 1 and it will cost me £450-£600.
I'm considering switching to AQ2016 to take the synoptic assessment instead as an external student which will cost only £80.(September sitting or December sitting).
Can someone advise whether it's a good idea to do go for synoptic assessment? Is it less time consuming than the project?
Can someone email me (lioneldesire1@gmail.com) the sample exam for synoptic assessment - professional level? I cannot access that on MyAAT as I'm currently on AQ2013. AAT call center hasn't been helpful.

Many thanks!

Comments

• AlisonSwanson
    AlisonSwanson Registered, Tutor Posts: 209
    If you want to pass do the project.
  • Zedeldesire
    Zedeldesire Registered Posts: 13
    #Alison could you please elaborate> @AlisonSwanson said:
    > If you want to pass do the project.
    Hi Alison, Could you please elaborate?
  • AlisonSwanson
    AlisonSwanson Registered, Tutor Posts: 209
    I would recommend you read all of the discussions on here regarding the Level 4 Synoptic assessment.
    The project is easy in comparison. There is a lot of guidance available and your tutor should give you feedback along the way so you can amend your project before submitting the final draft.
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    Also, if you decided to change your results over to AQ2016, I believe they will also transfer at 70%. AQ2016 is graded and you can receive a pass, merit and distinction. I believe it would be better to be competent on AQ2013 standards than to get just a pass on AQ2016; as it won't accurately reflect your abilities
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    As far as Sept 1st for Project draft goes it's unlikely I will manage mine by then, but have not been told it is a deadline. My next exam, BTAX is planned to be before/during last week Aug then I will start on a draft. My distance learning provider doesn't want to be swamped with last minute ISYS entries, and it should be possible to get most of the work done, so it sounds like it's a policy of whoever is your training provider of who you have asked.

Reading some of the accounts on the L3 & L4 Synoptic exam here you would be crazy to optionally go over to AQ2016 when there is an easier option available. The main reasons for staying with AQ2013 have been come to pass. I have no idea of my module passmarks but have so far completed all first time and will be happy just to complete the whole of L4 within the deadline with no resits.
  • Zedeldesire
    Zedeldesire Registered Posts: 13
    > @Adele69 said:
    > As far as Sept 1st for Project draft goes it's unlikely I will manage mine by then, but have not been told it is a deadline. My next exam, BTAX is planned to be before/during last week Aug then I will start on a draft. My distance learning provider doesn't want to be swamped with last minute ISYS entries, and it should be possible to get most of the work done, so it sounds like it's a policy of whoever is your training provider of who you have asked.
    >
    > Reading some of the accounts on the L3 & L4 Synoptic exam here you would be crazy to optionally go over to AQ2016 when there is an easier option available. The main reasons for staying with AQ2013 have been come to pass. I have no idea of my module passmarks but have so far completed all first time and will be happy just to complete the whole of L4 within the deadline with no resits.

Thanks Adele69, my concern is mainly what would happen if I don't submit the 1rst draft by 01/09? It cost 550 GBP, can't afford retaking it.
  • Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    If you don't complete AQ2013 by 31/12/17 you will never be able to. That 01/09 date is probably for your provider to give you feedback to prepare second draft etc.
Privacy Policy