AQ2016 Grading system

scamp83
scamp83 Registered Posts: 86
With the introduction of the new grading system, i.e pass, merit distinction, has anyone actually managed an overall level 4 distinction??

Comments

• NatalieSarantos
    NatalieSarantos Registered Posts: 150
    Following...
  • scamp83
    I can't wait for all the stats to come out e.g pass rates for each paper, overall success rates etc....with all the errors from this year it will make interesting reading!
  • NatalieSarantos
    @scamp83 when is that coming out? I want to read it ASAP lol!
  • scamp83
    I think they are saying September but (surprise surprise) they may be delaying some papers like the synoptic....
  • NatalieSarantos
    @scamp83 typical.... what a mess this year has been, honestly!
  • scamp83
    Yeah definitely, I've totally ruled out any further study after this year! I'm sure other examining bodies aren't the same but it's just left me totally deflated. I've been lucky enough to make it through and pass but I feel so bad for people who are of an equal understanding but are having to resit.... just awful.
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    If I get 91% on my exam today, I will have a distinction overall; just. My score will be like 89.95% which I hope they'd round to 90%
  • scamp83
    Fingers crossed for you today @AbbyCarr!!! I was in a similar position, I was hopefully going to get a pass (which I'd have been mega happy with, just to get this year finished!) but if I'd get 74% on my Cash Management exam I'd end up with an overall 79.5% which they round up to 80% and therefore receive a merit......I got exactly 74%. Spooky!
  • AbbyCarr
    I really wasn't expecting to be able to achieve it. I got 76% on my budgeting exam because it crashed halfway through, and obviously the synoptic was horrific but now it seems possible and I'm so excited. But we shall see, I don't think there's going to be many
  • scamp83
    Which exam are you awaiting the result of?
  • NatalieSarantos
    @AbbyCarr I'm shocked to hear you might not get the distinction. I was convinced you were one of the rare few who would 100% get it! Especially since you did so well for MDCL! If you don't get it, there's absolutely something wrong with the AAT!
    @scamp83 my experience with AAT has just pushed me even harder towards wanting to finish and start with an actual respectable board - ACCA! AAT have really really messed up this year, beyond anything that can be measured. After doing MDCL which I was expecting to get in the 90% range for, my confidence and drive was completely knocked and I didn't even put in half as much work as I would have. I have 77% for MDCL, 82% for budgeting, 85% for Financial statements and now waiting for synoptic which I felt went really well. So it's looking like a merit for me. Honestly though, I can't even be bothered with the grades. I just want it over and done with now!
  • scamp83
    @NatalieSarantos Yeah you don't hear anywhere near as many bad things about ACCA, I wish I'd just done that from the start. I'd be nearly finished by now!
    Like I said, I'd have been so happy with a pass but it just doesn't seem befitting of all the effort and stress that's gone into this year. I really don't know why they had to change things so much, I can see them switching the ISYS report for an exam but there was no need to make it as ridicously difficult and random as the synoptic. And why they messed with the Performance exam I'll never know!
  • AbbyCarr
    I've got 90% and over on every other exam. I hit 90% on synoptic but as its such a big percentage and only just on the border I needed high marks in all the others. On my budgeting exam I got 76% as my exam froze after 90 minutes and AAT refused to give consideration as it was my college's fault the system crashed apparently. I've got 99%, 91% and 76% in mandatory units, 90% synoptic, 91% Personal Tax and awaiting Credit Management Today. If I hadn't had the blip with Budgeting I wouldn't need such a high score but oh well. I'd be really disappointed to get 89% overall and a merit after all this.
  • AbbyCarr
    I DID IT
  • AbbyCarr
    Does anyone know how you get the green screen which says what result you have achieved? I've calculated it as distinction but nothing has come up about it and I can't figure it out
  • scamp83
    @AbbyCarr Wow well done!!!!!!!!
  • NatalieSarantos
    @AbbyCarr yaaaaay!! Well done!! How much did you get? Is it not on the statement of achievement?
  • scamp83
    While my results were up last Thursday, it wasn't until Friday that the green screen appeared. Very weird!
  • AbbyCarr
    It shows the individual scores not the overall, maybe that will take some time? I'll have scraped 90% overall. Oh great thank you @scamp83
  • scamp83
    @AbbyCarr I imagine you will be celebrating (and breathing a big sigh of relief!) tonight!
    @NatalieSarantos Good luck for your synoptic result tomorrow :-)
  • AbbyCarr
    @scamp83 Does it show on the Statement of Achievement when it appears? Above the individual results. I'm very happy.
  • scamp83
    @AbbyCarr Yeah, there is a green box above my results in the statement of achievement.
  • AbbyCarr
    It's all come through now. Thank you! It's confirmed now it's a distinction.
  • scamp83
    @AbbyCarr How have others in your class fared?
  • AbbyCarr
    I believe I'm the only one to finish this year or perhaps one more. I started September 2016. There were only 5 of us who started and then another 3 joined in January so they won't finish till next year. Only 4 of us sat the synoptic and two of us passed, so the other two still have to sit that again plus some other exams. I'm not sure what level the other will have achieved overall.
  • NatalieSarantos
    Thanks @scamp83! I'm hoping for a good result based on how good I felt about it but I'm worried because I don't trust them!!
Privacy Policy